Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud provider with managed servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud provider with managed servers

Helo, any interesting SSD CLOUD provider offering MANAGED services and MANAGED cPanel services ? thanks

Comments

• RyanDRyanD Member
    edited October 2014

@KeyJey

How managed are you looking for? We do full managed cloud under our TSS brands on our OnApp platform which is powered by our SolidFire SSD SAN. You aren't going to get a higher level of hardware, performance, and availability (everything (network paths, power paths, switching) is 2N and fully fault tolerant)

Our managed services also have a 10 minute response, we're fully US based, and we own and operate our own facilities :)

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2014

What is your definition of Cloud?

A provider using OnApp etc with just KVM/XEN? Failover/HA? SAN? or just a KVM/Xen VPS branded as cloud?

• said: Helo, any interesting SSD CLOUD provider offering MANAGED services and MANAGED cPanel services ? thanks

At what budget?

• You need to provide more details about your requirements and budget before the community can suggest the right vendors. I know that Linode offers managed services ( https://www.linode.com/managed ) but they charge $100 per month per server. Also, strictly speaking, their servers are not 'cloud' servers but regular VPS servers.

• Linode are well known to be good in vps as well as managed service, e.g. their avg response time for a ticket on managed account is like <1min. They also included free cpanel license with managed service.

• You need to take a look http://hostsailor.com

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member
    edited October 2014

Let's see, requirements are:

• VPS with SSD if possible
    • cPanel license
    • UK if possible or europe
    • Management included
    • it can be OpenVZ, no worries.

Also, I said CLOUD coz I can't afford any hardware downtime, there's a critical DB in here.

Thanks

• hudson is a CC reseller will advice not to try them @KeyJey

• @KeyJey said:

You need to give us a budget to better help you :)

• @KeyJey said:
    Let's see, requirements are:

• VPS with SSD if possible
    • cPanel license
    • UK if possible or europe
    • Management included
    • it can be OpenVZ, no worries.

Also, I said CLOUD coz I can't afford any hardware downtime, there's a critical DB in here.

Thanks

Monthly budget?

• Yea, budget?

• Sorry, this is the rest:

2GBs of RAM
    2x Cores
    40Gbs SSD

UnixBench should give at least 2.500-3000

Budget about $40 monthly.

• @INIZ, I say CLOUD coz technically is the closest way to avoud HARDWARE downtimes, I don't mind the solution.

Also, here the most rellevant part is the experience of a company doing this.

• jhjh Member

KeyJey said: Budget about $40 monthly.

Real managed services, and real cloud services aren't cheap. $40 would get you a server of roughly the spec you want from a "low end provider", maybe a cPanel licence and possibly a dusty old book explaining how to manage a server yourself.

• Yeah, what I mean is that, if there's any hardware issue, someone act instantly to avoid a long downtime. Same with services.

Thanks

• VPSRAIDSolutions said: hudson is a CC reseller will advice not to try them

Is it only because they are a CC Reseller? You know, some company colocate servers with CC and not involved in any of the LowEnd mess and other stuff :-)

• DalekOfSkaro said: VPSRAIDSolutions said: hudson is a CC reseller will advice not to try them

In fact I didn't understand this reply ..... :S

• @KeyJey said:
    Yeah, what I mean is that, if there's any hardware issue, someone act instantly to avoid a long downtime. Same with services.

Thanks

Its very unlikely that your going to find a reliable provider with the failover facility's you require with a cPanel License and resource's for $40/pm

You could try finding a provider that uses OVH Cloud or an OnApp provider but once again that's not going to be $40/pm more likely $100/pm+

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2014

Hi KeyJey,

We are offering cloud VPS based on our xenserver pool
    we offer real fail over VPS (the vps will be rebooted immediately on any available node in case the original host node is down)
    Also we do full daily backups

we offer Cpanel as addon as well and it cost 15$

the price for this package is 15$/month

https://servarica.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=180

So total with cpanel will cost you just 30$/month

The storage is SAN based storage and it is the fastest SAN storage that can be (SSD and RAM cached not pure SSD)

for fail over to really work you need SAN storage solution and once you go SAN the SSD is no longer an advantage due to the fact that there is storage packets travel delay penalty since all request must travel the storage network. that will limit the SSD fast seek advantage.

we did the tests with pure SSD SAN and 15K disks and the results were almost the same per VPS (the disk pool is big not the typical 10 or 20 15K disks)

So we went with the 15K path which is much more enterprise and well tested solution than customer grade SSDs

but that does not include management ( we were offering it and we stopped lately because of lack of interest on it)

all our cloud offers has backup and HA by default

https://servarica.com/special_offers/special-cloud-linux-vps/

and all other offers you can have HA and backup as addons to the order

Thanks

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited October 2014

When it comes to Europe, no one beats EuroVPS.com as a manged provider. Yes they brand it as a VPS but it is cloud in every sense with HA Failovers & SSD Cached/Pure SSD SANs. But you might have to increase your budget. Otherwise their unmanaged brand is EcoVPS.com which as good quality wise but it is just not managed :)

• Thanks, wrote EuroVPS a mail for a custom solution, we'll see.