Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows VPS For Public/Private Torrents
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows VPS For Public/Private Torrents

I would like to purchase a Windows VPS with Server 2008 R2. I would like this to have at least 250GB of storage space. RAM, processor does not matter.

Also, would like RDP access, if possible.

Comments

• You might be able to manage this with one of BuyVM's storage plans.

• @Nekki said:
    You might be able to manage this with one of BuyVM's storage plans.

It appears as though they do not support BitTorrent.

• If you're going to hammer the node then yeah, they'll come after you. If you're a considerate node neighbour, you'll probably find they don't mind what you're up to. I ran torrents on private trackers over there for a year with no wrist slaps or other interference from the staff.

• buyvm allow public/private torrents but just limit the speed

• Windows sucks for servers though, especially torrents

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @texteditor said:
    Windows sucks for servers though, especially torrents

Yes you are right only used windows server when i was newbie with server handling.Now i can never think of using windows server ever again.For servers linux is best.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

do you have any problem with the host passing on your personal verified details to any copyright holders that complain or do you expect privacy? if it is the former I could make some suggestions.

• HostSailorHostSailor Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2014

Hi, you can try ours if you like.

• VereloxVerelox Member
    edited October 2014

I think I can provide this for you starting from 12 EUR monthly exc. VAT for a KVM VPS (4 cores, 4 GB of RAM and 300 GB of storage) if you are not planning to use the bandwidth thoroughly but that would exclude the license or from €11.99/mo. for 8 GB of RAM and 250 GB of space on a shared RDP system with Windows Server 2012 R2 (includes license). The bandwidth is unmetered for all the plans.

• ad0ad0 Member
    edited October 2014

I donot think you need to pay for a rdp feature

Windows already has it
    http://i.imgur.com/5Y1jGDE.jpg

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

You can take a look at our SB1 plan: https://greencloudvps.com/cart.php?gid=8
    1.5GB RAM, 2 cores, 300GB HDD, Windows Server 2008 R2 for $18/month :)

• @texteditor said:
    Windows sucks for servers though, especially torrents

Are you saying this out of real experience? I personally never had any issues with windows server 2003,2008,2012 and see more logic in this system, linux always makes me waste time troubleshooting random errors while windows just works - ofcourse at the cost of extra hardware resources.

• @Mark_R said:
    Are you saying this out of real experience?

Yeah, maybe it's more because I've been using *nix for some long and everything seems more orderly and structured to me, plus you get to avoid the whole extra resource overhead

With torrents there are a lot of cool ways to scale up to the 50K plus running at a time without losing performance too

Thanked by 1trewq
  • Anyone adamant about using windows for this should be using utorrent versions 2.1.x or 2.2.x though, the 3 series is kinda fucked up

• ad0 said: I donot think you need to pay for a rdp feature

With the shared RDP plan, you pay for the RDP access as you don't get full control over the Windows system neither do you get Administrator access, so it's different. I would recommend the thread started a dedicated server however if he would like to enjoy a full speed bandwidth!

• @StudentOf33 Shoot an email over to [email protected] and we should be able to work up a package for you.