Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great Firewall of China: solutions? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Great Firewall of China: solutions?

124»

Comments

• UrDNUrDN Member
    edited February 2015

@msg7086 said:
    There's DNS filtering. DNS over UDP was not reliable at all. DNS over TCP had a good time until being blocked as well, IIRC.

DNS over UDP worked fine and no packet alteration was discovered.

@cnbeining said:
    GFW is poisoning UDP DNS packages. Use TCP or DNSCrypt instead.

We've done this for experimental purposes, no poisoning was observed.

Tell them to uninstall those sick "safety" software provided by 360, Tencent and Baidu, etc. with this: https://github.com/SCFWSE/BlockChinaSoftware (They may need access to Tencent QQ though...)

No, switching to another operating system is the starting point for me.

• @bashed said: man china is okay, but damn the air sucks bad. taiwan too. i rather stay in hongkong than china

HK is the love of my life. This said, same air here as in China for the most part. For clean air, try Zhuhai across the delta. Something to do with prevailing winds.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • im going to go on a trip to hk, macau gamble, go to shenzhen, then maybe check out some history stuff like nanjing, probably wont go to beijing. them secret police freaks me out. and what is nuts are those hongkong youth association

• fun cheung your sites down

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited February 2015

@bashed said: them secret police freaks me out.

Why's that? They have a very clear cut mandate and keep busy keeping the current order in place. Restrain yourself from attempts at overthrowing anything while in China and they'll give you a wide berth. In fact, much wider than similar agencies in most "western" countries. Enjoy your visit :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @hico said:
    I arrived in China for the first time in two years. This time a lot of things are blocked such as dropbox, no access to google for searches, could not get tor to install and work, etc.

What is the best/simplest/quickest way for a fix? I tried proxies but to no avail.

If the only solution is a vpn which works the best, fastest, and is cheap?

I am in Yiwu and Shanghai for the most part.

putty tunnnel.

• im initerested in your business though, get that site up :P I like to get some assistance while Im in HK doing some travel and little business

• @Dorkfiles said:
    putty tunnnel.

litle dragon buns, 小籠包 mmmm those are so goood. thats frm your city ?

• @cnbeining said:
    While Chinese government is providing a 2-year tour of jail for free or little charge for anyone who dare to raise questions like this...

While the UK prime minister stated it was inadmissible to permit for citizens ti be able to communicate between themselves without access from the government to watch every and single conversation despite the medium used.

EU citizens are being controlled by their governments as much as the Chinese. Claiming otherwise is a severe lack of common knowledge.

• Be honest

• paulof said: EU citizens are being controlled by their governments as much as the Chinese. Claiming otherwise is a severe lack of common knowledge.

Well, the Chinese government simply realizes all the dreams of western governments. "Leaders" of western countries often request consultation from China on such matters.

• @paulof said:

But you know if everyone's voting against it, it will eventually fail, like SOPA.

http://wqw2010.blogspot.ca/2014/09/google.html

(Use Google Translate, thanks.)

• my history is bad, but giving hongkong to china was a shitty idea. whats with the UK. hongkong was prosperise, the brits were happy with the asian markets, and hongkong back then was a port.

• @cnbeining said:
    (Use Google Translate, thanks.)

Keep dreaming.
    EU and US dmocracies are "funny", the people can talk all the shit they want but they cant really choose a direction for their countries.

For sone reason the rallies always end up with the cops beating the shit out of everyone.. Doesnt sound very Democratic to me.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Softether VPN over DNS doesn't work, but just change the encryption and it works. Use aes

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • laurenlauren Member
    edited May 2015

Using SSH tunneling is your way to get through the Great firewall of china. SSH encryption which is similar to the normal SSL encryption will mask your connection and so you won’t be detected. Check this article http://www.vpnfaqs.com/2015/03/best-vpns-for-china/ you can find how to tunnel your connection over SSH manually and automatically.

• laurenlauren Member
    edited June 2015

good one

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited June 2015

@Silvenga said:
    If the government has the power, and it is the people who form the government, then doesn't the people have the power?

Quick advice:

• Stop watching Hollywood movies & TV news.
    • Get out of Disneyland.

Oh, and I hate to break this to ya: Santa Clause doesn't exist.

Edit: Just noticed the date :|

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BAKABAKA Member

@lauren said:
    Using SSH tunneling is your way to get through the Great firewall of china. SSH encryption which is similar to the normal SSL encryption will mask your connection and so you won’t be detected.

No. SSH is totally different from SSL. Both can be easily recognized by GFW.

Also, SSH tunneling is inefficient, because it is a long connection and tends to congest.

@lauren said:
    According to me the most effective approach to get through the Great firewall of China and access websites and services freely everywhere is using L2TP VPN service to not be detected.

No. GFW can easily recognize L2TP connection.

Actually GFW already have the ability to distinguish SSH, PPTP, L2TP, OpenVPN and any other certificate-based VPN, though cannot decrypt most of them. It's only up to its will whether to block it or not.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Solutions: Softether using AES-256 or Shadowsocks.

• @BAKA said:

So what solution would you suggest?

• BAKABAKA Member

@aglodek said:
    So what solution would you suggest?

One kind is software that is designed to penetrate GFW. Shadowsocks, for example, uses PSK rather than certificate. VyprVPN also claims to be designed for GFW, but I haven't tried it.

Another kind is software/protocol that more utilized by large companies. For example, SSTP, Cisco (like anyconnect), ikev2, etc. Although GFW can distinguish them, blocking these protocols may impact commerce and economics.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • China is a shit country.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited June 2015

@Dillybob said:
    China is a shit country.

You're shitty[period].