Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any providers using Staminus?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any providers using Staminus?

subigosubigo Member
edited July 2012 in General

I used to be a big fan of Datashack, but today I actually had to do work and I blame them. I'm looking at other providers... U.S. only, location doesn't matter. I'm specifically wondering if any of you use Staminus and what you think about them?

Comments

• I was on a dedi with them for a while. Random network resets aren't nice.

• I have been hearing a lot about their network issues within the last few weeks/months. They have some interesting DDoS protection plans though so if you need that (and California location), maybe try it out.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Never looked at them but I gotta say that special they're running on the front page is not bad at all.

• PADPAD Member

Not that great from my experience, as for DDoS protection you can throw it out of the window, they have no decent level of protection and basic rules aren't set up to stop attacks such as spoofing, etc.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

By the way @subigo really like the new site.

• subigosubigo Member

@TheHackBox said: I was on a dedi with them for a while. Random network resets aren't nice.

@EricCubixCloud said: I have been hearing a lot about their network issues within the last few weeks/months.

@PAD said: Not that great from my experience

And that's about all I need to hear.

@jarland said: By the way @subigo really like the new site.

• @subigo said: I used to be a big fan of Datashack, but today I actually had to do work and I blame them.

Is that the power cut they had last night, which they keep denying?

• edited July 2012

Just a few things to be aware of with staminus. If you take a dedi with them, only one IP is protected. If you need more IPs protected it is $200 per IP list price (you may be able to negotiate a discount on this). I found the staff rude at times and helpful at others (I had asked why it wasn't explained on their site that not all IPs on a server would be protected and was told it was my fault for making that assumption. On another instance in submitting a ticket it created three duplicates I was asked if I expected them to close the tickets and they told me to do so before they would answer)

As for the quality of the provision, I cannot comment as after such a rough first start I paid the money and just let the month expire.

• subigosubigo Member

@MrLadoodle said: Is that the power cut they had last night, which they keep denying?

Three or four outages this month. Two this week. The one last night was for four hours and when they finally announced the power was back (and servers were up), mine was still down. So I opened another ticket and about 30 minutes later my server was up... so I figured they got the ticket... until a few hours later, when they actually did get the ticket... and proceeded to unplug/power up my server again, without even checking to see if it was online, which resulted in another 40 minutes of downtime while I waited for containers to boot up.

• @subigo said: Three or four outages this month. Two this week. The one last night was for four hours and when they finally announced the power was back (and servers were up), mine was still down. So I opened another ticket and about 30 minutes later my server was up... so I figured they got the ticket... until a few hours later, when they actually did get the ticket... and proceeded to unplug/power up my server again, without even checking to see if it was online, which resulted in another 40 minutes of downtime while I waited for containers to boot up.

My servers were down for 40 minutes. They used to be great but the last month its been so bumpy.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited July 2012

"High Priority Client", The cooling issue last night was under a hour for me.

Very soon, It will all be in the UK.