Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Host Nun ✞ 1 GB OpenVZ Haiqing in Vegas $1.99 / month or $19 / year ✞ Free upgrades!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Host Nun ✞ 1 GB OpenVZ Haiqing in Vegas $1.99 / month or $19 / year ✞ Free upgrades!

Hi all,

There's a bit of room since our previous sale so I thought I'd try to fill it. Slight price reduction, same location (Fiberhub / Vegas) and limited stock.

Haiqing

✞ Dual Intel Xeon L5630

✞ 1 GB RAM

✞ 1 GB Vswap

✞ 1 TB Bandwidth

✞ 60 GB RAID 1 HDD

✞ 2 Cores

✞ 2 IPv4

✞ 200 Mbps port

$2.49 $1.99 / month or $20 $19 / year

Free Upgrades

The first three people to order will receive a free upgrade to Antarvāsa. Doubled RAM, Vswap, and Bandwidth for the next. The fifth and sixth may double two resources of their choice. The seventh, eighth and ninth may double a single resource of their choice (except for HDD). Ten++ get nothing. The last to order will receive a free upgrade to Uttarāsaṅga.

Keep Calm and Complain on LowEndTalk ✞

The upgrade process is not automated so please don't panic if your VPS hasn't been upgraded after ~3 minutes! If you haven't received your free upgrade after 24 hours, please post a thread on LET to complain and seek guidance.

Thanks for your interest and God Bless!

Thanked by 2ATHK plusnettr

Comments

• Ordered one thanks, order 7095689079!

• I always love your offers, funny stuff!

• This company name looks like a joke to me. It looks like a summer host which will take your money to heaven via angels and disappear.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited October 2014

@varwww said:
    This company name looks like a joke to me. It looks like a summer host which will take your money to heaven via angels and disappear.

You haven't been here long have you?

Can someone flag his post please, so disrespectful.

• -_-

Your IP 202.67.41.51 has been banned

Ban Reason: asshole
    Ban Expires: 16/04/2069 07:42

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @netrix said:
    -_-

http://www.stopforumspam.com/ipcheck/202.67.41.51
    http://www.projecthoneypot.org/ip_202.67.41.51

Do I need to Google any more?

• varwwwvarwww Member
    edited October 2014

@ATHK said:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    http://hostnun.net/congregation.html

This thing cracked me up.

Uptime at Host Nun is backed by our commitment to prayer. On the off chance that your website goes down, our sisters are alerted and rapidly mobilized to submit prayer requests to the Christian Prayer Center.

• Hostnun has a unique way of marketing :) and it seems that it works well :D

• I highly love this business and model - It works very well. It's very unique.

• @ATHK said:
    Do I need to Google any more?

I have no idea why it's happening, I used 3 (Hutchison 3 Indonesia) for my mobile phone internet.

• netrix said: I have no idea why it's happening, I used 3 (Hutchison 3 Indonesia) for my mobile phone internet.

Better use SmartFren bro. I stopped using 3 due to this kind of issue.

• LeeLee Veteran

@ATHK said:
    Can someone flag his post please, so disrespectful.

Why? Just because you know and like the host is not a reason to give someone a hard time over their view. I am sure many people looking at this host for the first time will find it laughable, not usable. It could also cause offence to some.

• Is the free upgrade still running?

• I highly recommend this host provider.

• Got the free upgrade, thanks! Network is nice, but disk speed can jump around a bit.

• Ordered. Saying a rosary to pray that I qualify for an upgrade.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • The post actually creep me out. Sheez.

• Please let me know when ya'll are done ordering, so I can be the last to order and get that sweet upgrade to Uttarāsaṅga :D

• I also highly recommend this host they have good habits

• @netrix said:
    -_-

Interesting. Yes, 202.67.x.x was banned due to certain insufferable events from last April. The ban expires in 2069. If you want a VPS, we can probably work around it, though.>

@W1V_Lee said:
    Here is a twist...

I am 42 and most of the people I probably chat to on LET are under 14

lmao

@last_wizard4 sorry, didn't mean to

• LeeLee Veteran

HostNun said: lmao

Taking comments from another thread out of context, that facade is starting to slip again.

• We are out of stock, thank you very much to everyone who ordered!

I haven't had time to take the initiative to contact everyone about the upgrades yet. I will get around to it, but if you haven't received/requested yours yet, you're welcome to open a ticket about it before I do.

@W1V_Lee said:
    Taking comments from another thread out of context...

That video doesn't really depict you imo, I was only goofing around. It probably belongs in The Cest Pit. At the same time I do think it was somewhat appropriate to the context here, which was 'guy appeared in sales thread; proceeded w/ dull disruption attempt; was not really worth responding to seriously'.

If you don't like 'Host Nun' and have misinterpreted the lightheartedness, I'm sorry. We can't please everyone, nor do we aim to do that.

This is a promotional thread and you don't seem to want hosting. If you want, I can keep my fingers crossed that Touchstone Pictures doesn't make a new 'Sister Act' and #pray for your well being if they do. I will start an online petition demanding Whoopi to stop the horror, but aside from that there isn't much I can do for you, man.

@W1V_Lee said:
    I am sure many people looking at this host for the first time will find it laughable, not usable

Right, one of the more amusing things is that 99.9% of the haters have never tried our hosting. If you're looking for context, you can try 'people who judge books by their covers are usually not worth taking seriously'.

• @W1V_Lee

Let me try to make this clear for you and for anyone else who feels similarly. I understand that 'Host Nun' is laughable to various people and that they would not consider hosting with us. I am completely okay with that and would probably not want them as clients either.

As was brought up on VPSBoard the other week, Host Nun is a side project. It is not the primary source of income for anyone involved in it. It isn't expansionist and isn't really interested in growing larger than a handful of nodes. If there is room on a node I'll advertise the vacancy, but we've already reached our goals as far as growth thresholds are concerned.

I'm saying this because I think your concerns may be a bit misplaced. We are not a threat or competition to the bigger or more prestigious hosts who make a living from it. HN is more of a side show with limited seating. There are countless examples of representations of 'nuns' throughout culture that are far less charitable and far more pernicious than anything our silly website is capable of. We always have limited stock and it usually sells quickly. For every person you succeed in steering away from us (who more than likely could have come to their own conclusions without the help of your boring interventions) there will be at least XYZ who disagree with you entirely, i.e. our stock is so limited and our share of the market so negligible that your criticisms are guaranteed to amount to nothing.

So I'm grateful for your attention, but in all honesty, if you haven't tried it you aren't capable of criticizing our service at all, and I really do think that your bitterness is being squandered.

• welp

@linuxthefish said:
    Got the free upgrade, thanks! Network is nice, but disk speed can jump around a bit.

Quick followup for the sake of future readers to say that this was resolved. The node was in the midst of a RAID re-sync at the time. On top of that, there were some I/O abusers at play who are no longer with us.