Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

windows vps needed free
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

windows vps needed free

hello i am looking for a windows vps with any specs which you can give without any cost.
reason i want is i want to practice server 2008 roles install and configure for my exam.i know i can create virtual machines on local computer but the problem is my computer is shared with other IT Admins in office.So please if you can give

Thanks

Comments

• We don't get anything in return?btw hi luis

Thanked by 1netomx
  • as far as i know you can schedule lab practice session using your Microsoft student account. I used it year ago don't know how about now :/

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited October 2014

used dual/quad core personal desktop/laptop these days aren't that expensive and very affordable. practice on a vps is pain is the a*** due to slow io (plus assume you can get free one i doubt you can get high ram)

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited October 2014

If you wont believe me saying "anyone who gives you a win2008 server with 2GB ram for free is a scammer".. go to http://fortacloud.co You will get a win2008 server for free for life.. with just a 0.50 monthly verification fee... happy learning ;)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • edited October 2014

I can provide but only RDP port opened with a fresh windows server 2008 R2 hosted in India , If you're interested.

2 AMD FX-8150 cores

100gb disk on WD black drive

windows server 2008 R2

But what will your network usage be

• Hello luis, maybe go with fortacloud is good option.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • PwnerPwner Member
    edited October 2014

@c1bl said:
    Hello luis, maybe go with fortacloud is good option.

Agreed. Luis, FortaCloud will give you a free VPS for Windows!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • upfreak said: with just a 0.50 monthly verification fee

still not free :)

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited October 2014

Free*

Thanked by 1netomx
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@upfreak said:
    If you wont believe me saying "anyone who gives you a win2008 server with 2GB ram for free is a scammer".. go to http://fortacloud.co You will get a win2008 server for free for life.. with just a 0.50 monthly verification fee... happy learning ;)

Oh god please no one do that. Fortacloud/Fortatrust are terrible. Please search around before singing up with them.

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • @matthewvz said:
    Oh god please no one do that. Fortacloud/Fortatrust are terrible. Please search around before singing up with them.

It's for Luis.

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    I can provide but only RDP port opened with a fresh windows server 2008 R2 hosted in India , If you're interested.

2 AMD FX-8150 cores

100gb disk on WD black drive

windows server 2008 R2

But what will your network usage be

Hello

Thanks @VPSRAIDSolutions I am also from India.Network usage will be very very less.I will just login to server practice the roles.Thats it.Network usage will be just like if some additional components needed to install roles like dotnetframework, some other file etc etc

I will be not be using for for any other downloading or something else.

• Why should above give you something for free? Seriously, you come into a community for the first timeand straight up ask for handouts, why do you think that's ok to do?

• Hello Nekki
    If you would have read carefully ""So please if you can give"" i was only requesting not forcing.
    A request is something different.Its also ok if no one gives me.I dont have any complaint or whatsoever.

And as far as the case for ""you come into a community for the first timeand straight up ask for handouts, why do you think that's ok to do?""
    You are a moderator and you are saying like this?I searched this forum on google and was viewing some posts of vpsie.com and more for giveaways so I thought to join and request only my requirement

• Try buying? It's more gratifying, perhaps not for the wallet, but...ehm, it's what most of us mortals do, with the exception of shills and deadbeats.

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited October 2014

ankitj1611 said: You are a moderator and you are saying like this?I searched this forum on google and was viewing some posts of vpsie.com and more for giveaways so I thought to join and request only my requirement

I guess you found this forum on google, you have not contributed anything yet your very first post was to ask for free stuff. Time to time there are people like you just come here for free vps. I feel weird money does not grow on tree but some people still think that way....

I guess you are educated and do have a job yet can't afford a cheap vps ?

Thanked by 2Nekki TheKiller
  • If you're just doing some testing, why not go for the free trial on Microsoft Azure? http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/free-trial/

Should be enough for a months worth of testing...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @ankitj1611 said:
    Hello Nekki
    If you would have read carefully ""So please if you can give"" i was only requesting not forcing.
    A request is something different.Its also ok if no one gives me.I dont have any complaint or whatsoever.

And as far as the case for ""you come into a community for the first timeand straight up ask for handouts, why do you think that's ok to do?""
    You are a moderator and you are saying like this?I searched this forum on google and was viewing some posts of vpsie.com and more for giveaways so I thought to join and request only my requirement

So a moderator shouldn't discourage people who haven't come to a community to offer anything, but instead have simply come to scrounge free stuff? GTFO

Thanked by 1diszk
  • wychwych Member
    edited October 2014

@ankitj1611 contribute and someone may want to help you.

Joining and asking for something free because "you want to learn" isn't likely to get you anywhere period. We are not freevps.whatever.

I helped someone once with a free VPS for nothing in return, he/she then decided that wasnt enough and asked for another in another thread on here... you can guess why I don't offer them without something in return.

Plenty of free trials out there and as said previously what about localhost?

You can get cheap Windows boxes from Winity and a few other places; ThrustVPS etc.

my computer is shared with other IT Admins in office

I guess you work in an office so spend some of you $ on a VPS.

configure for my exam

If you have student ID take a look at the DigitalOcean credit via Github for students.

@Nekki said:
    So a moderator shouldn't discourage people who haven't come to a community to offer anything, but instead have simply come to scrounge free stuff? GTFO

+1

• @k0nsl thanks i will see if i can

@nekki i dont want this topic to be a discussion.

@wych my salary isnt much which allows me to buy a vps.lol

• @ankitj1611 said:

wych my salary isnt much which allows me to buy a vps.lol

Neither was mine when i got my first one; but we all start somewhere.

• @ankitj1611 said:

wych my salary isnt much which allows me to buy a vps.lol

Your boss asked you to work for almost free huh?

• @c1bl said:
    Your boss asked you to work for almost free huh?

I suppose he could be an apprentice/intern.

• @Nekki

We can close this topic now that I said i'll provide it should stop there. But i do agree to one point "Contribute and then ask for help"

@ankitj1611

You should follow the above quote this is the first and last time someone might be helping you. Only doing it because one of my friend was in interns when he asked for same type of public vm but couldn't afford for the vm. I suggest you should take your time before asking someone for something not just jump and drown and expect someone to drag you out of the pool

• VPSRAIDSolutions said: We can close this topic now that I said i'll provide it should stop there. But i do agree to one point "Contribute and then ask for help"

Clearly you don't agree, because you're giving the guy a free VPS despite being a freeloader. Are you that desperate for a review?

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • Fortacloud is completely scam. Their VPS cannot be turned on :v.

• @windytime90 said:
    Fortacloud is completely scam. Their VPS cannot be turned on :v.

Thats why we asked him to use it

Thanked by 2netomx windytime90
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Nothing is free, either give money and save your time or do a hard work for a 'hosting company' and they will give you a VPS in return of your work.

Even in Mathematics 1 is equal to 1 and not 0.

1 = 1 (Right)

1 = 0 (Wrong)

• @DewlanceVPS what kind of work you need in return?I am ready

• ankitj1611 said: @DewlanceVPS what kind of work you need in return?I am ready

stop trolling please