Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colocrossing IPs - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colocrossing IPs

2»

Comments

• ausaus Member

Re-listed now.

• Really hope that is in error.

• Looks like SpamHaus had a cluster error!

• @jbiloh: What do you think? SpamHause cluster error? I think the /17's and the /15 are not supposed to be there...

• LeeLee Veteran

It would seem more logical that it was an error in Spamhaus in removing them than putting them back. But who knows at this stage.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

They removed them intentionally, then re-added them because of a few more problematic VPS containers we need to take care of. We expect that the remaining escalations will be removed shortly.

• Did any of you guys really expect that to last? :P Short-lived, just like I expected.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • @eddynetweb said:

Even more ironic now... ;-)

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2014

@QuadraNet_Adam said:
    Did any of you guys really expect that to last? :P Short-lived, just like I expected.

Does Quadranet know you are using their name to take shots at previous employers? I can't see them supporting you on this.

• W1V_Lee said: W1V_Lee

Yeah... That wasn't cool at all.

• QuadraNet_Adam said: Did any of you guys really expect that to last? :P Short-lived, just like I expected.

I did, actually.

The list of remaining IPs that needed to be dealt with was small, and was handled almost immediately after Spamhaus gave us the list. We've got a much improved working relationship with them now and I expect the remaining escalations will be cleared up shortly.

• alexhalexh Member
    edited October 2014

DalekOfSkaro said: I did, actually.

(/17 x 3 = ) 98304 + (/15 x 1 = ) 131072 = 229,376. You think close to a quarter million IPs got de-listed overnight? It was clearly a mistake.

Thanks for this, very helpful to those who dislike spam.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2014

"Cleared up shortly"™. The new film by the directors of SOON™, "We don't own XYZ"™ and "Set to Sink III"™.

• @Amitz said:
    "Cleared up shortly"™. The new film by the directors of SOON™, "We don't own XYZ"™ and "Set to Sink III"™.

When does it come to cinema? :P

• It's a live movie. :-)

• I pray to the Internet gods that your ranges are not removed. Senderbase showed an increase of 110% in spam volume when you were off the list

Source.

So for the sake of a clean inbox and everything else, let's hope you will be on the list until you actually start dealing with the issue rather than simply rotating your customers, or whatever magic it is you're doing.

@jbiloh said:
    The list of remaining IPs that needed to be dealt with was small, and was handled almost immediately after Spamhaus gave us the list. We've got a much improved working relationship with them now and I expect the remaining escalations will be cleared up shortly.

Thanked by 1MattKC
  • LeeLee Veteran

Help me out here, not really a follower of email, spam, senderbase. Does this mean it's actually spam or just emails being sent? I see in the list related to CC people like IPXcore which look to be sending pretty high amounts.

edit

http://www.senderbase.org/static/spam/

Ouch, never really considered the names in that list, even DO is very high.

• W1V_Lee said: Ouch, never really considered the names in that list, even DO is very high.

I think all low-cost services attract spammers to be fair.

http://www.senderbase.org/lookup/org/?search_string=ColoCrossing

Some of the domains listed there are pretty funny. Are they currently sending mail?

• Just received an email for MxToolbox:

• DalekOfSkaroDalekOfSkaro Member
    edited October 2014

W1V_Lee said: Ouch, never really considered the names in that list, even DO is very high.

Along with QuadraNet, Versaweb, B2 Net Solutions etc... It's not just ColoCrossing.

alexh said: I think all low-cost services attract spammers to be fair.

I do agree with you, low-cost services are highly attractive to spammers. But let me tell you this, some spammers are trying to get expensive servers as well. We've had spammers sign up for servers that cost between $400 and $700 per month. Of course the orders were cancelled once it's been screened.

They would order the server, pay the invoice, and wait... Of course we spend a few hours screening the orders and when confirmed, they are refunded and the order is cancelled.

The spammers used to often order a Windows server, use a very generic business name, and then pay using an unverified PayPal account. Quite the trend.

Sadly, it looks like many of the spammers are based in Florida, and we're a Florida-based business. It's unescapable I suppose...

EDIT: Also 99.9% of the time they are on a mobile hotspot. I guess this is their way of "hiding".

DalekOfSkaro said: Along with QuadraNet, Versaweb, B2 Net Solutions etc... It's not just ColoCrossing.

We're not actually in the top 100 right now. Thought many very familiar names are in the top 10 currently, including some VPS providers posted on LEB from time to time.

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • What does this mean :| one of my CC IPs is still blacklisted by Spamhaus, the other by Fabelsources

• @hostnoob said:
    What does this mean :| one of my CC IPs is still blacklisted by Spamhaus, the other by Fabelsources

You can self-delist from FabelSources @ http://www.spamsources.fabel.dk/delist

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • @GVH_Eric said:
    You can self-delist from FabelSources @ http://www.spamsources.fabel.dk/delist

Yeah I just did that about an hour ago. thanks

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • jbiloh said: We're not actually in the top 100 right now. Thought many very familiar names are in the top 10 currently, including some VPS providers posted on LEB from time to time.

You're right. I didn't search for CC in that list.