Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosted Office 365 - any good providers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosted Office 365 - any good providers?

I'm wondering about moving some of my mails from Hosted Exchange, to Office 365. (I will get more space and features. (like activesync on all devices also on the smallest plan)
Anybody know about any good 365 host?
Price will be one factor, features the second one (but I think Microsoft have control over the features?)

Any advice?

Comments

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

My ISP in Australia (Telstra) offers Office 365 but I think you cannot purchase if you do not live in Australia.

http://www.telstra.com.au/small-business/cloud-services/office-management/microsoft-office-365/

• Telstra is absolute shite...

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

@0xdragon said:
    Telstra is absolute shite...

That actually depends on your suburb, either if you are on a sub-exchange/RIM or if there is congestion.

I am using Telstra for my second house and receive ADSL2+ speeds. I am also using Internode (iiNet owned) for my 1st house.

Anyway, I won't have a discussion about Telstra here.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

If you go with Office365 it will be hosted by Microsoft, you can buy the license to use it from a reseller.
    Going via a reseller instead of buying direct from Microsoft might get you a better price if you buy in bulk. Don't count on it.

• So maybe go direct with Microsoft then. I'm only thinking of moving one or two e-mail accounts now, and if it work great after some months, I will maybe move all my e-mail. but I need an account there I can have multiple domains.

• I use OVH

• For microsoft mail service we prefer direct hosting from microsoft hosted exchange or office 365 which is purchased directly from Microsoft, they offer good price, nice support on time. Do not even think of buying from other hosting providers

Thanked by 1myhken
  • I did go for a direct Microsoft plan (Office 365 Business Essentials) since it seems like it was a good start. I can add as many domains as I like, and I got a 50 GB mail box, with Office 2013 online (I don't need the desktop version, since I have plenty of Office 2010 and Office 2013 Pro Plus licenses from my MSDN account).

I can also add different users with different plans on the same account, so all in all, this was a very good start.

The price was around $6/mo for month by month contract and Microsoft charges in my own currency, so actually the price is around $5.7/mo.

My next mission now, is to copy all the mails from my old account to the new one, (1.6 GB) Using .pst import via Outlook, so it will go smoothly I think.

• @myhken Is it 50GB for all users all together or 50GB per user? I'm also looking to get it.

You got the first one right? (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/business/compare-office-365-for-business-plans-FX102918419.aspx)

• @joodle
    It's 50 GB per user, and 1 TB per user on OneDrive (for business) so you will not get 1 TB on your normal OneDrive.

Yes, I got the first one.

• @myhken said:
    I did go for a direct Microsoft plan (Office 365 Business Essentials) since it seems like it was a good start. I can add as many domains as I like, and I got a 50 GB mail box, with Office 2013 online (I don't need the desktop version, since I have plenty of Office 2010 and Office 2013 Pro Plus licenses from my MSDN account).

I can also add different users with different plans on the same account, so all in all, this was a very good start.

So can someone add say 10 domains, each domain with 3 email address on the same mailbox for $6 for that mailbox? When replying, is the email that it was sent to preserved or does the reply go from the single master mailbox? Also, does office365 support catch all?

Anyone tried godaddy? They have office365 for $3.95 per month.

• Setting Exchange up for us so far has been a huge pain. I know OVH have some decent deals on Exchange 2013 though...

• aFriend said: So can someone add say 10 domains, each domain with 3 email address on the same mailbox for $6 for that mailbox?

You can add 10 domain on that $6 account yes. But each email address has to have their own plan. It can be any plan, from their $2/mo plan to their $200/mo plan.

aFriend said: When replying, is the email that it was sent to preserved or does the reply go from the single master mailbox?

There is no single master mailbox. The first account (on Business plans) get to be the Global Administrator that can create new users, add domains etc etc. But you have to (or you can) add a normal e-mail account that just is an e-mail account.

aFriend said: Also, does office365 support catch all?

Not seen it yet, but I'm not a Exchange expert. Maybe there is a setting on the Global Administrator account.

aFriend said: Anyone tried godaddy? They have office365 for $3.95 per month.

Yes, you just get one e-mail account, and no Global Administrator account, so you can't add more domains. Ad you just get 5 GB storage, on my MS direct accounts I get 50 GB + 1 TB OneDrive storage. They charge $9.99 (month by month) for the same account Microsoft charge $6 month by month for.

SNetworks1 said: I know OVH have some decent deals on Exchange 2013 though...

Did look there, and the price with tax is higher then buying direct from Microsoft.

Thanked by 1aFriend
  • Have to say that moving my mail to Office 365 goes very well. I have moved my personal mail accounts, and a couple of customers mails.
    Has to wait to next month with the rest, since I have to help each customer with the new setup. But I'm moving mails from .pst backup files to their new mail boxes, so there is almost no downtime at all switching over.

And it's really nice to choose from all the different plans for the different accounts. Some use Kiosk $2/mo, some use P1 $4/mo and some is using Small Business. $6/mo

• @aFriend said:
    Anyone tried godaddy? They have office365 for $3.95 per month.

Actually they have offer with $1/per month office 365, in collaboration with MS. Includes free domain.

• @TheKiller said:
    Actually they have offer with $1/per month office 365, in collaboration with MS. Includes free domain.

And where do you find this offer?

• On homepage of godaddy, remember that it is for the first year only. Regular prices will be after 1st year

• Ok. I reducing my Godaddy.com exposure right now, paying them far to much money per year. If i just renew all domains there, with privacy on some, it's almost $400/year.
    Then it's a Hosted Exchange account, then it's some normal mail accounts, and the bill gets bigger and bigger.
    Before I always had a 30% off coupon I could use, but they have revoked all old coupons, and it's impossible to find a coupon for 30% on all buys and renews for all products and domains endings.

• Mate, You can always have a 35% renewal discount code. Which becomes $8.67 including ICANN fee.

• @TheKiller said:
    Mate, You can always have a 35% renewal discount code. Which becomes $8.67 including ICANN fee.

That works on all products (e-mail, hosting etc), and domains like .co, .me, .com, .info and private registrations?
    For that was that I had used for years, before they revoked all codes this year.