Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlantic.net offering $0.99 SSD servers!! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Atlantic.net offering $0.99 SSD servers!!

Comments

• lsb_release_a said: Today, you can't do anything on a server with less than 1Gb of ram :)

WHT is down the hall and to the right.

• Is it good enough for hosting a small company's website? A static HTML with a mail box with max 100mails/ day (later shifting to MX Route).

• Necrobump...

I don't know if someone already posted it, but I wanted to inform you that this offer isn't available anymore. I removed my 256 server after a warning of not being able to create that server size anymore.

• sinsin Member

@yomero said:
    Necrobump...

I don't know if someone already posted it, but I wanted to inform you that this offer isn't available anymore. I removed my 256 server after a warning of not being able to create that server size anymore.

What? That really sucks :( my 256mb vps is still up and running and it's great for $0.99/month - so if I delete it and try to add it again I can't? I don't know why they wouldn't keep it available to build for those of us who have been using it.

• It looks like you can still reinstall the OS.

• evilghaleon said: It looks like you can still reinstall the OS.

Yes, you can. But you can't move your location.

sin said: so if I delete it and try to add it again I can't?

Yes, it's gone.

• yomero said: Yes, you can. But you can't move your location.

That's a shame. I'm stuck on Orlando, which has had less-than-stellar network speeds, but I guess I can't complain for a 99 cent KVM.

• saintsaint Member

@yomero said:
    Necrobump...

Just asked their support and confirmed that's true.
    DON'T remove your current $0.99 server otherwise there's no chance to add it again!

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited April 2015

i assume that they did lose too much profit on the 0.99$ vps deal and shut it down because if you read back at one of my older threads you see nothing but positive feedback, it might have been too good for it's price?

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/43077/atlantic-net-0-99-vps-how-does-it-hold-up/p1

@mp99e99 could you shed some light on this?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2015

Can't say I blame them. The cost of handling abuse of that package has to be far worse than anything else. Still, they're a great company.

• It's nice

• this is awesome, im totally going to buy one since there is a dc in my city.

• easyeasy Member

@THRobin said:
    this is awesome, im totally going to buy one since there is a dc in my city.

you are late

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Went to sign up for this today but they don't offer it anymore. One thing is for sure, the money they lost from this deal got made up with brand recognition.

• why they don't offer it anymore ? ....... any clues

• Oh no, I just discovered a way to heavily abuse ressources on any kvm vps and now they don't offer these anymore -.-

• NomadNomad Member

For me it was always like:

Maybe tomorrow, the offer is still there and I don't need one more idling device.

But now that the offer is gone, I feel like I do want it...

(:

• @Nomad said:
    For me it was always like:

Maybe tomorrow, the offer is still there and I don't need one more idling device.

(:

Haha, yep i definitely know the feeling...but when prices get like this its hard not to purchase xD

• Nomad said: For me it was always like:

(:

+1 :(

• Still far from Runabove specs and pricing

Thanked by 1earl
  • I had a $0.99 256MB and kill it off a couple weeks ago. Disk IO was miserable. There are much better options out there, so no loss :)

Thanked by 1yomero
  • @sleddog said:
    I had a $0.99 256MB and kill it off a couple weeks ago. Disk IO was miserable. There are much better options out there, so no loss :)

How is going your Kihi VPS? Apparently their price schema has changed

• @yomero said:
    How is going your Kihi VPS? Apparently their price schema has changed

It's OK. Good uptime. Disk is a bit slow. Maybe the new ssd-cached plans are better.

• Hi Everyone:

We are launching a new control panel this week, and soon thereafter one click app installs (like Wordpress, LAMP, Ruby, Node.js, etc). We ran into two problems with the $1 server - first, many one clicks won't run in 256M, and second one of the one click uses Google's "GO" Programming Language. We thought there would be alot of confusion with our GO Server and One-click GO-Language server, so we removed the $1 server. We have a lot going on, but we may do something this summer with it -- however we are also using this opportunity to rename it something else (obviously) and potentially upgrade the offering.

Thanks for all the positive comments. As you may have noticed we launched our new website, new control panel this week, and more new functionality coming in the next few weeks. We have a lot of good stuff going on so maybe this summer we'll surprise you to the upside again :)

• The 'GO' was really good value for a small Dallas ssd KVM. Too bad I shut it down.
    Now How do I delete my CC number from their billing system?

• @vimalware - perhaps submit a ticket? or give them a phone call? or perhaps pm @mp99e99 for assistance?

• @mp99e99 thanks for the awesome service! :) just wanted to ask if you knew if Fedora 21 Server will be available anytime soon? Fedora 22 is almost out, and I was interested in using F21 on my VPS. thanks again!

• Yes, Fedora 21 & CentOS 7 coming very soon probably within 2 weeks, also many new features/OSes in the pipeline that will arrive soon. First step is new control panel which is this week.

Thanked by 1im_jmz
  • sinsin Member

@sleddog said:
    I had a $0.99 256MB and kill it off a couple weeks ago. Disk IO was miserable. There are much better options out there, so no loss :)

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.9927 s, 359 MB/s

I'm using it to run a lemp stack for a couple of months so far and I think it works really well especially for $0.99.

• sin said: 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.9927 s, 359 MB/s

Mine was 2 or 3 MB/s for dd, and ioping fluctuated wildly. For 0.99 I didn't bother with a support ticket. Glad to hear you're happy :)