Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UptimeRobot Public Status Page - What do you think
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UptimeRobot Public Status Page - What do you think

SpencerSpencer Member
edited September 2014 in General

Due to there being no good UptimeRobot Status Page I have thrown one together. You can read more about it here and how to install https://github.com/nerdbaggy/StatusPage and a live install can be seen here dev.spencerl.com/ursp/

Let me know if you have any questions, ideas, recommendations, hate mail, etc

Comments

• Working perfectly for me, thanks for this.

Thanked by 1Spencer
  • ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited September 2014

@Spencer said:
    Due to there being no good UptimeRobot Status Page I have thrown one together. You can read more about it here and how to install https://github.com/nerdbaggy/StatusPage and a live install can be seen here dev.spencerl.com/ursp/

Let me know if you have any questions, ideas, recommendations, hate mail, etc

Thats wonderful! What kind of functions will come :)?

• hey!! this is really good bro.. I really appreciate your work.. gonna install this script on my server,,thanks

• Cool stuff! I have not tested it yet, but that looks and sounds exactly like what I was looking for! Thanks a lot!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Warning: Missing argument 1 for curlCall(), called in $directory

Does this mean my web host doesn't have curl enabled?

• Scratch that my webhost has curl installed. No idea why it's displaying that error -.-

• I was to create one in a few weeks but there it is! Looks good, thanks for this!

• It throws the following against me:

An error occured, please try again

php5-curl is installed, the API key in config.php is correct. Any hint what to look for? :-)

• Gerrard8 said: Warning: Missing argument 1 for curlCall(), called in $directory

Amitz said: An error occured, please try again

That is strange, can both of you post what is in your apache error logs for that?

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2014

Mine is running on nginx+php5-fpm. Here is an excerpt from the error log:

2014/09/30 21:08:08 [error] 15351#0: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  include(../config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/nginx/html/statomat/includes/checks.php on line 2
    PHP message: PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '../config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/nginx/html/statomat/includes/checks.php on line 2
    PHP message: PHP Warning:  include(../config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/nginx/html/statomat/includes/statuspage.php on line 2
    PHP message: PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '../config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/nginx/html/statomat/includes/statuspage.php on line 2
    PHP message: PHP Warning:  Missing argument 1 for curlCall(), called in /usr/share/nginx/html/statomat/includes/checks.php on line 5 and defined in /usr/share/nginx/html/statomat/includes/statuspage.php on line 4
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: monitor in /usr/share/nginx/html/statomat/includes/statuspage.php on line 10
    PHP message: PHP Warning:  curl_errno(): 5 is not a valid cURL handle resource in /usr/share/nginx/html/statomat/includes/statuspage.php on line 30
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant stat - assumed 'stat' in /usr/share/nginx/html/statomat/includes/statuspage.php on line 35" while reading response header from upstream, client: 95.88.208.236, server: sub.domain.com, request: "GET /statomat/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "sub.domain.com"

While "sub.domain.com" is the domain it is running on and "statomat" the directory where the script resides in.

• Just checked the error_logs in cPanel they don't show nothing >.<

• JohnRoeJohnRoe Member
    edited September 2014

@Spencer is there any cache on this? I delete and recreate new monitor using same credential.. but your script keep loading past result.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Possible to create some hybrid? Like for UptimeRobot and Statuscake to match the Downtime/Uptime Messages, sometimes is Uptimerobot to slow or create false prositives also sometimes Statuscake. So at least booth of them should say oh wait its down so lets put it down on the status page.

• @Amitz and @Gerrard8 re-download the files and it will be good. The config file is now in the includes folder.

• psycholyzern said: @Spencer is there any cache on this? I delete and recreate new monitor using same credential.. but your script keep loading past result.

Ive noticed that as well, this is due to UptimeRobot api calls. They seem to cache them for 5-10 minutes sometimes, but not all the times. So if you just wait a few minutes it will eventually update itself.

• Infinity580 said: Possible to create some hybrid? Like for UptimeRobot and Statuscake to match the Downtime/Uptime Messages, sometimes is Uptimerobot to slow or create false prositives also sometimes Statuscake. So at least booth of them should say oh wait its down so lets put it down on the status page.

Yeah I was working on something like that but statuscake has a rather low api call limit so I would need to implement a caching method which would make this much more 'fatter'

• @Spencer said:
    is there any cache on this? I delete and recreate new monitor using same credential.. but your script keep loading past result.

oh.. it is ok now..
    btw, how sad they treat page which index listing disabled with forbidden message as down T_T

• Still not working, unfortunately...

2014/09/30 21:44:27 [error] 17575#0: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  Missing argumen
    t 1 for curlCall(), called in /usr/share/nginx/html/statomat/includes/checks.php on line 5 and defined in /
    usr/share/nginx/html/statomat/includes/statuspage.php on line 4
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: monitor in /usr/share/nginx/html/statomat/includes/statuspage
    .php on line 10
    PHP message: PHP Warning:  curl_errno(): 7 is not a valid cURL handle resource in /usr/share/nginx/html/sta
    tomat/includes/statuspage.php on line 30
    PHP message: PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant stat - assumed 'stat' in /usr/share/nginx/html/statomat
    /includes/statuspage.php on line 35" while reading response header from upstream, client: 95.88.208.236, se
    rver: cerberus.ninjanoc.com, request: "GET /statomat/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host
    : "sub.domain.com"

• @Amitz hmm that is really odd, did you re-add your API key to the config file that is in the includes folder? The config file location changed, and does it look something along the lines of
    $apikey = "u49104-lfjlkjsdf88432bbjkhfs";

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • Yes, I have done that... :-/

• My sincere apologies! I had one character of the API key missing during copy & paste! Works like a charm now, thank you for the script and your support! :-)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Spencer thanks for this, Very cool some one finally did it versus their own system, I have always liked UptimeRobot.

Thanked by 1Spencer
  • this is so nice. well done sir!

Thanked by 1Spencer
  • Glad you got it working @Amitz!

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • Working on a rewrite, would you guys also like to have the option for latency graphs?

• Nice!

• @Spencer said:
    Glad you got it working Amitz!

Possible to set the list?

I mean... if i add a new monitor the monitor go to the top. But if you add names like this: SSD -1 , SSD-2 etc. The latest monitor will be on the top. How to solve this :)?

Anyway this is great! I will change my port-monitor to this

• This is awesome. Now I (or someone more talented than myself) need to combine this with something like the ServerStatus script which grabs system resource usage.. and boom.. magic!

• Nice, will give it a whirl sometime.

• I used this one before:
    https://github.com/eustasy/labs-uptimerobot-status-page

I remember I made some changes to it.

Just read the code, $API_Key should be an array and $API_Key inside for loop should be $API_Key[$i]

for ($i=0; $i<$Count; ++$i) {
    fetch($IDs[$i], $Descriptions[$i], $Apologies[$i], $API_Key[$i], $Count, $CustomTime);
    }