Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SNIProxy Pass Visitors IP and SSL Cert
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SNIProxy Pass Visitors IP and SSL Cert

Hey guys

I've currently got SNIProxy setup for some DNS bypassing.

I have NGINX setup on port 8080 and SNI which is forwarding to 127.0.0.1:8080, SNI needs to run on both 80 and 443 in this instance.

Now I'm trying to pass the visitors IP from SNIProxy to NGINX and also add an SSL cert on SNIProxy.. This is where it gets me the SNIProxy "docs" aren't very informative and my go to guy Google isn't helping either..

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• @ATHK said:
    Hey guys

I've currently got SNIProxy setup for some DNS bypassing.

I have NGINX setup on port 8080 and SNI which is forwarding to 127.0.0.1:8080, SNI needs to run on both 80 and 443 in this instance.

Now I'm trying to pass the visitors IP from SNIProxy to NGINX and also add an SSL cert on SNIProxy.. This is where it gets me the SNIProxy "docs" aren't very informative and my go to guy Google isn't helping either..

Any help would be appreciated.

Basically, the issue here is that DNS != HTTP , so you can't insert HTTP_FORWARDED_FOR and HTTP_FORWARDED_BY standard headers into the request to the web server. As per how SNIProxy does it, I'm honestly not sure; as it's completely lacking in documentation (exactly as you say, I found the same lack.)

• @GoodHosting said:
    Basically, the issue here is that DNS != HTTP,

I understand that, but it does allow you to forward HTTP traffic, which works fine.

table {
        blah\.com 127.0.0.1:8080
    }

so you can't insert HTTP_FORWARDED_FOR and HTTP_FORWARDED_BY standard headers into the request to the web server. As per how SNIProxy does it, I'm honestly not sure; as it's completely lacking in documentation (exactly as you say, I found the same lack.)

Thanks for your help :)

• Well I managed to get SSL working ( I had built an older version so the config was a bit out of date )..

Now it would be great if I could pass the IP .. but I don't think that's going to happen somehow..

• I was looking into this as well, I believe it won't be happening soon, it is on his TODO list: https://github.com/dlundquist/sniproxy/blob/master/TODO