Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My VPS with INIZ seems to be down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My VPS with INIZ seems to be down

nehafarzana80nehafarzana80 Member
edited September 2014 in General

My NL7 server with iniz.com shows offline. Anyone having same problem with NL7 node?

Comments

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

inb4 LowEndHelpdesk joke post.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@Saiku said:
    inb4 LowEndHelpdesk joke post.

Thanked by 30xdragon Pwner ATHK
  • I thought INIZ doesn't have NL location ... :O

• have you contacted their support team ?
    @iniz

• Yes, sent a support ticket 3+ hrs ago ... still waiting on Patrick's answer.

• Wow, you gave him a whole 3 hours? Impressed.

Thanked by 2black ATHK
  • Mine on NL7 is fine

• Welcome to LowEndHelpDesk @nehafarzana80. Your call is important to us, please wait while i attempt to connect you to an agent...

Your patience is appreciated, unfortunately all agents are currently busy, you will be forwarded to our voice mail box and one of our agents will attempt to call you back as soon as possible.

Thanked by 1support123
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Nekki said: Wow, you gave him a whole 3 hours? Impressed.

He opened the post 3 hours before posting that......

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • It's been 9 hours now, still no response. I'm frustrated -_-

• Have you tried booting it from cp.iniz.com ...?

nehafarzana80 said: It's been 9 hours now, still no response. I'm frustrated -_-

OK well let us run through a list of the obvious....

1) Is their SolusVM UP and can you log in?

2) Assuming the answer is YES to the above have you checked to see if your VPS is really offline and solusvm is not just fucking with you (it does that)?

3) an you ping your IP?

4) Have you ran an MTR report to make sure it is not an issue outside of their network boundary preventing you from connecting?

5) Is your IPv6 up?

6) Did you do anything prior to the VPS going offline?

7) Have you used the serial console or if KVM rescue CD image to diagnose it yourself?

If the answer to even 1 of those questions is "hmm let me check" or "how do I do that" then stop buying unmanaged services plz......

If you can confidently answer all of those and you actually opened an actual ticket with the actual support department then yes... the 3 - 6 - 9 hours that changes with every post you have waited may be a bit much depending on which one is true.

• @ATHK said:
    Have you tried booting it from cp.iniz.com ...?

Yes, I have tried booting up from SolusVM. But, it's not booting up.

1. SolusVM up. I've 2 VPSs with Iniz (different nodes). NL7 is offline (on SolusVM too).

2. VPS is Offline on SolusVM

3. IP is not reachable.

4. Yes, I ran a MTR.

5. I don't have a IPv6 enabled on my VPS.

6. Yes, I ran tar command to backup my site's file which is 900MB in size 10 mins before the server went offline.

7. Yes, I ran Serial Console and it says "container is not running"

@nehafarzana80 does WHMCS say suspended?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    nehafarzana80 does WHMCS say suspended?

NO! Active

• It could be that the VPS was suspended due to Abuse of I/O or something when the tar command was run... @nehafarzana80 did you check the email address you registered with for any emails from INIZ? also check the Spam folder

zafouhar said: It could be that the VPS was suspended due to Abuse of I/O or something when the tar command was run...

If it was suspended then you would see that in either WHMCS or SousVM it is pretty hard to miss.

@nehafarzana80 I assume as you called it a container this is OpenVZ?

• The VPS came online now.

• NL7 hasn't had any downtime, the user was suspended (VM showing offline and not bootable in this case) due to a flood.

Thanked by 1nehafarzana80
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    nehafarzana80 I assume as you called it a container this is OpenVZ?

Yes, it is OpenVZ. I have many mobile visitors and most of them uses Opera Mini. Most probably the system detected the traffic as "potential DDoS attack" and suspended my VPS automatically as I got a response from Patrick just now;

"Your VPS was suspended by our monitoring system for potentially incoming DDoS, all suspensions are low priority regardless."

I checked the IP he mentioned and I saw those are from Opera Mini's proxy.

However, the VPS is online now :-)

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2014

nehafarzana80 said: I checked the IP he mentioned and I saw those are from Opera Mini's proxy.

Lets be clear here, a conntrack table full of opera IPs, 87435+101948 to be exact. This was clear some sort of attack, unless you got tons of visitors in a matter of seconds.

For your proof, i'll attach it in your ticket and you can check yourself before you try make us look stupid here.

@nehafarzana80 how could you have not noticed it was suspended in solusvm?

Seems odd that this sort of traffic would be picked up as a DDOS, ho hum all is good in the end :)

• AnthonySmith said: @nehafarzana80 how could you have not noticed it was suspended in solusvm?

We use nodewatch but don't use it with the Solus integration, however when a node is down in Solus the page has a endless load and then says theres an issue with the node which wasn't the case here (as he has experienced this before).

The VM was simply shown as shut down and not bootable, once again we have a KB article which will pop up when a client types "offline" or "suspended" in our ticket system as a suggestion as well (https://support.iniz.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/6/2/my-vps-is-offline-and-i-cannot-boot-it-what-next)

INIZ said: however when a node is down in Solus the page has a endless load and then says theres an issue with the node

ah that old chestnut that they tell me they cant reproduce time and time again :)

• is this not the same issue a LET user had with iniz no too long ago.

you could have null routed the traffic rather than suspending

• @enitan092 said:
    is this not the same issue a LET user had with iniz no too long ago.

you could have null routed the traffic rather than suspending

Damned if you do, damned if you don't comes to mind.

• @wych said:
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't comes to mind.

dont get you

• @enitan092 said:
    dont get you

Well if it was nulled then there would probably also be a thread about how his IP was nulled.

Suspended \ Nulled = Still offline.

• @wych said:
    Suspended \ Nulled = Still offline.

okey.
    now i get you.....

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited September 2014

But Nullrouting an IP would require some more work to be automatically done as it would need to be nullrouted at the provider level whereas Nodewatch just runs on the Servers and does its job fine.