Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LES Italy IPV6 dead since days - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LES Italy IPV6 dead since days

2»

Comments

• @sandro said:
    WOW OK... at this point is it possible to be moved (without reinstalling) to another European location?

Dude, this is LES, you don't get that level of support for a couple of Euro a year...

• Nekki said: Dude, this is LES, you don't get that level of support for a couple of Euro a year...

You're right. They have to fix it. Eventually.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

sandro said: is it possible to be moved (without reinstalling) to another European location?

I think you should be happy to move even with a reinstall. NL is an amazing location as far as Europe goes. No reason to prefer Italy, unless of course you're in Italy yourself.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

As i can say, UK is and was the one of the strongest LES locations in the EU, get one there instead of NL as replacement for IT when you need a box.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

yep, happy to move anyone from Italy with data because of this if @matteob cannot resolve it in the next 48 hours I will look to migrate to another DC in Italy and move everyone + data.

That does not mean I cant move you back to Italy if you want to move short term for now but space is very limited in other locations,

• Yup I'm in Italy and use it to do stuff locally. I can wait to see how it goes, no rush. Thanks.

• Note to self: Never buy from seflow.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @taronyu said:
    Note to self: Never buy from seflow.

I once had a dedi with them and must admit that it was not a bad ride.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    yep, happy to move anyone from Italy with data because of this if matteob cannot resolve it in the next 48 hours I will look to migrate to another DC in Italy and move everyone + data.

That does not mean I cant move you back to Italy if you want to move short term for now but space is very limited in other locations,

Cof cof @prometeus

Thanked by 1sandro

taronyu said: Note to self: Never buy from seflow.

I would not say that, sure this whole thing seems a little nuts but I cant really say its been bad up to this point, @matteob is usually VERY helpful so I am a little bit surprised by all this.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I would not say that, sure this whole thing seems a little nuts but I cant really say its been bad up to this point, matteob is usually VERY helpful so I am a little bit surprised by all this.

I was trying to be a bit sarcastic and funny at the same time. I know, I'm not.

• ehy, one moment, i have only one ticket about that issue and there are listed only one ipv6 network. Nobody wrote me about lot of networks....

AnthonuSmith, if you experience other problem you should really open a detailed ticket. I see only one ipv6 network in that ticket....

well I gave you an example IP and also stated it was anything over HE as well, not really sure why you would need more.

I cant update the ticket because that option has been taken away.

You have enough info now though so I look forward to a resolution soon.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@matteob said:

AnthonuSmith, if you experience other problem you should really open a detailed ticket. I see only one ipv6 network in that ticket....

so one ipv6 network not working is OK?

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited October 2014

Ok but the network you gave me is not advertised from HE, level3 and NTT. Their router not know that network this is why you can't reach it...

You wrote in the ticket one simple ipv6 network, in that thread you talk about half cloudflare, really how can you expect good support?

Make a list of unreachable network and we will forward to our upstream.

• just a note, i shutted hurricane network ipv6 peer (waiting their reply), and now network in the ticket work, i cannot comment for other network as i not have in the ticket.

matteob said: just a note, i shutted hurricane network ipv6 peer (waiting their reply), and now network in the ticket work, i cannot comment for other network as i not have in the ticket.

No worries, I think the communication problem here is that is clearly impacts more than just my /64 so I am genuinely not understanding hwy you do not know about this already.

I will see which others I can find, level3 is certainly one of the affected carriers and update the ticket.

anyhoo, sounds like it is getting sorted.

• yup now it works for france cloudflare

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

AnthonySmith said: I am genuinely not understanding hwy you do not know about this already.

Italy does not use IPv6, people do not care about it. Our business network does not have it enabled and nobody seems to inquire about it.
    As such, it can happen that IPv6 issues are not noticed especially when they do not cover all networks and peers.

• Can you access your Italy VPS? Entire network seems down. Control panel doesn't work either.

• Nah, it's down.

• now it's going up and down randomly, the vps was never off though.

• NL is also down.

both back up, both got knocked out by an attack.

Thanked by 1sandro
  • IPV6 down again?

edited November 2014

seriously.... this is getting a little annoying, there is an announcement on the client panel and LES has its own forum. this is not helping.

Thanked by 2Pwner netomx
  • I'm sorry but there's nothing related to this and no reboots. The problem is exactly like the one happened before, vps is online and reachable by via ipv4. I'm gonna have to open a ticket.

• @sandro said:
    I'm sorry but there's nothing related to this and no reboots. The problem is exactly like the one happened before, vps is online and reachable by via ipv4. I'm gonna have to open a ticket.

Why? It's clear Anthony knows about it already, don't waste everyone's time.

@sandro said:
    I'm sorry but there's nothing related to this and no reboots. The problem is exactly like the one happened before, vps is online and reachable by via ipv4. I'm gonna have to open a ticket.

https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/announcements.php?id=128

http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?id=1182