Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ColoCrossing 1+ year review. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ColoCrossing 1+ year review.

Comments

• DalekOfSkaro said: Might I ask what makes you think that I do?

• Has its own ASN
    • Uses CC Buffalo as transit
    • Sells Onapp VPS
    • Priced well above LET limits
  • I wonder how many companies fit in that category...

• @DalekOfSkaro said:
    I wonder how many companies fit in that category...

So you say you are not associated with digitalfyre.com? :)

• @Serverian @DalekofSkaro - My money is that he is a Brit with a name like that :)

• @serverian said:
    So you say you are not associated with digitalfyre.com? :)

ServerMania maybe...

• @aus said:
    ServerMania maybe...

Servermania and Dediserve are with CC for more than a year.

• MarkTurner said: @Serverian @DalekofSkaro - My money is that he is a Brit with a name like that :)

Sorry you lost your bet. I'm not British :) But yes, ServerMania, DediServe, and DigitalFyre all fit in that category I suppose.

• @DalekOfSkaro - I didn't realise that Dr Who was so prevalent outside of the UK. Most people I've spoken to know about Monty Python but Dr Who is on par with series like Blakes 7 and Survivors. Just unheard of outside of a niche in the UK.

• @DalekOfSkaro said:
    Sorry you lost your bet. I'm not British :) But yes, ServerMania, DediServe, and DigitalFyre all fit in that category I suppose.

ServerMania has LEB offers, so nope. Dediserve has been with CC for more than a year and they use CC's ASN and IPs.

http://bgp.he.net/AS36352#_peers

DedFiberCo and ColoUp look like fake companies. NRP is some Persian company.

Wowrack looks "too big".

So only DigitalFyre is left.

But you say you are not associated with them? :)

Thanked by 1alexh
  • MarkTurner said: @DalekOfSkaro - I didn't realise that Dr Who was so prevalent outside of the UK. Most people I've spoken to know about Monty Python but Dr Who is on par with series like Blakes 7 and Survivors. Just unheard of outside of a niche in the UK.

Are you serious? Who doesn't know Monty Python, Doctor Who, and all these great shows! I also happen to like many other British shows.

• serverian said: ServerMania has LEB offers, so nope. Dediserve has been with CC for more than a year and they use CC's ASN and IPs.

http://bgp.he.net/AS36352#_peers

DedFiberCo and ColoUp look like fake companies. NRP is some Persian company.

Wowrack looks "too big".

So only DigitalFyre is left.

But you say you are not associated with them? :)

Very well, it would be silly if I were to deny it. You've done a good research.

Thanked by 2serverian k0nsl
  • 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited September 2014

Doctor Who has a really large presence in Australia too.

(Although, quite frankly, the new season is an absolute pile of...)

Thanked by 1akz
  • lazytlazyt Member
    edited September 2014

LOL My daughter walked by as I was reading Mark Turners comment. She about went ballistic about who doesn't know Dr. Who!!!! It's kind of funny since she didn't know anything about them until I talked her into watching the series. From start to today no less.

Added: I figured he was a Brit as well.

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • Allons-y!

• @0xdragon @lazyt are we talking the modern tripe or the original version here :)

• @MarkTurner said:
    0xdragon lazyt are we talking the modern tripe or the original version here :)

Modern tripe :P

• Who wants a Jelly Baby?

• @0xdragon - the older ones were better. The special effects were pathetic but the stories were richer and the characters more believable

• StevieStevie Member
    edited September 2014

@MarkTurner @0xdragon @DalekOfSkaro

I am 100% american (see - one more american that likes a uk show, thats 6 total americans! lol.) and I love the 2005+ doctor who (and torchwood which they really need to restart) I really cant get into any movie or tv show before 1980, I know many will say "you do not know what you are missing" but yea I never watched the old doctor who.

This new 13'th doctor is pissing me the hell off, someone needs to put him in a Time Lord Nursing Home(Yes I know the doctor's from the original are like 3 times older lol, but I really dont like this new doctor much).....

People complain the matt smith doctor and the other young ones shitted doctor who series, I doubt that, I mean maybe the old doctor's made a little bit more sense or they don't contradict like the 2005+ series but I really love this show.

Also they need to get the torchwood back, I want to know how/when captain jack harkness changes to that troll face alien thingy.

• Stevie said: Also they need to get the torchwood back, I want to know how/when captain jack harkness changes to that troll face alien thingy.

Oh, don't you know? Find the episode where Doriam gives River the Vortex Manipulator which he took of the wrist of a handsome time agent. We also know that the headless monks decapitate people... Captain Jack Harkness is a head without a body. Do the math.

• @DalekOfSkaro ah must of missed that LOL, but that makes no sense (here we go another contradiction) I remember a episode captain jack harkness had all his body parts exploded (he had no head along with many missing parts) but the people who did that figured he would still heal so they put him a cement funeral box thing in which after words torch wood break the cement and he is full again, but whatever lol.

I really wonder though in this season its all about robots that want to go to the robo promise land but keep landing on earth in different times lol - i have a theory, the doctors "sonic screwdriver /pun" is no longer working right so he made a message so he can grab robo parts to make his "sonic screwdriver" work so he can get back "working" with his associates, I mean look how grumpy and asshole-ish he is now - that gotta be why :-P

• @Stevie Nice. You deserve a Jelly Baby!

• His first post also contains no proof of any of his claims. GoodHosting mentioned that certain individuals are avoiding this thread as a result of the sound claims made in the first post, but it's likely that those people have no interest given the questionable nature of this thread to begin with. There's no proof of anything; Where are uptime monitoring service screenshots? Tickets with CC proving you're a customer? PROVE that they don't tolerate spam as opposed to just saying it.

Thanked by 1aggressivenetworks
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Another thread derailed. Good job

Thanked by 2k0nsl GIANT_CRAB
  • Where is the proof? This review should be removed. As all new reviews you need to show proof of your services. But, nothing is going to happen due to it being about the company that owns this place!

• said: VPSBoard seems to have a few members dedicated to bashing ColoCrossing

Yup. To the point of obsession. Ruins the whole tone of the board IMO. Seeing (honest) negative reviews for poor service for any provider is a good thing, but the ongoing witch-hunt that goes on there is off-putting. I rarely visit -- not that they care :)

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I can confirm that Digital Fyre is a customer.

As Oktay pointed out earlier in this thread they have IPs announced on our network and BGP sessions with us.

• @aggressivenetworks said:
    Where is the proof? This review should be removed. As all new reviews you need to show proof of your services. But, nothing is going to happen due to it being about the company that owns this place!

You must have read a different rule or probably not looked. The rules say and I quote:

Customer posting a review about a provider must be willing to provide proof of being/having been a customer there within two months of posting the review. In addition to that, any support tickets related to the case at hand should be shared in case the customer still has access to those.

A violation of this rule could result in a temporary ban.

Key part being "must be willing to provide proof of being/having been a customer there within two months of posting the review."

It does not say anyone must, I suspect it's open to whether a mod thinks it may be dodgy or not.

• W1V_Lee said: Key part being "must be willing to provide proof of being/having been a customer there within two months of posting the review."

It does not say anyone must, I suspect it's open to whether a mod thinks it may be dodgy or not.

True, and if @mpkossen asked for proof, I will gladly provide it. However, this issue is now settled.

I honestly believe this was brought up for no other reason but the fact that this is a review of ColoCrossing. I could be wrong nonetheless.

• @netomx Dr Who is never off topic. LOL