Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

backup server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

backup server

At the moment, I backup to a s3 bucket (not the best, but easy for storing them), this is an automated job, but my free tier is ending. So i have picked up a few small leb's to backup too, mostly for redundancy.

I don't really think i need anything fancy, but others here, have to have backup boxes, so while changing and updating things, its as good as time as any to look for a good way to do things, and not the quick a dirty way.

like I realised when going though the last 3 months of logs, i have got some backups of any of my mysql DB's, but not all for every day, and some of my log files, are odd sizes which makes me think some of them are corrupted.

How do people transfer files, to there backup boxes, and make sure that it happens each day, and they haven't corrupted along the way? or any tips on setting up, bare bones, backup boxes?