Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the hell happened to Servermania's control panel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What the hell happened to Servermania's control panel?

vmunichvmunich Member
edited September 2014 in Providers

Seriously.

Their panel was nice looking and functional. Many features and then they switched to Ubersmith. I can't find any info (not even my server's IP address), can't manage the VPS at all.

I seriously can't understand why they did this move.

Is anyone else pissed with this?

Are you mad?
  1. Are you happy with the change?43 votes
    1. Yes
      46.51%
    2. No
      53.49%

Comments

• People will click "yes" (I am happy with the change) simply because there's no option "I don't care" (because I am not client).

And there's also contradiction in poll title.
    Are you mad? NO
    Are you happy with the change? YES

• edited September 2014

Don't get me wrong, Ubersmith is a great, powerful, and advanced piece of software however I thought ServerMania had a custom control panel? That makes me curious why they would move, it must of been quite expensive for them to make the switch. Perhaps their developer must of left or it was just lacking features like datacenter inventory management.

If I was them, I would of waited for EasyDCIM to be released which provides all the DC inventory management features Ubersmith does for a fraction of the cost.

• QuadraNet_Adam said: Don't get me wrong, Ubersmith is a great, powerful, and advanced piece of software however I thought ServerMania had a custom control panel?

Yes it's odd, they were bragging about it when the SolusVM exploits came out that they had custom panel etc.

It's possible they were just using a custom front end and always Ubersmith in the back, I know it's possible as for example SingleHops LEAP panel (which is Ubersmith) is heavily developed at the front.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • QuadraNet_Adam said: If I was them, I would of waited for EasyDCIM to be released

They'll migrate to an unknown, unpublished software that doesn't even has a proper GUI developer that's why uses a template from themeforest.net you think?

• Ubersmith is only as good as they make it. They probably did not proper create the "Devices" and import all your pertinent information (yet??).

I'm surprised that wasn't done BEFORE making it live to customers though...

• I hate the new panel

• I just would like to know why they did this.

• Übersmith is an extremely powerful product (and unbearably expensive to many). It is however vert lacking in terms of UX and usability. This is why larger companies like UK2's 100TB.com brand, SingleHop, and UbiquityHosting build their own custom control panels around Übersmith's API.

• QuadraNet_Adam said: If I was them, I would of waited for EasyDCIM to be released which provides all the DC inventory management features Ubersmith does for a fraction of the cost.

Don't you guys use Übersmith at Quadra?

• What I find annoying is they were marketing this image:

It looks ALOT better. Yet Ubersmith has a crap UI, and ALL my account history is gone. Its like I just registered an account.

They also seemed to advertise a coming RDNS api?

My opinion is I liked that they were unique, and the bad UI now makes them look unprofessional IMHO.

• I think Ubersmith is a good billing panel but it seriously needs a better UI. So many dedicated hosting companies use Ubersmith and its easy for endusers.

• Old hosting panel was with lot of features. This new one is a plain Ubersmith. A real downgrade.

• INIZ said: It's possible they were just using a custom front end and always Ubersmith in the back, I know it's possible as for example SingleHops LEAP panel (which is Ubersmith) is heavily developed at the front.

Most Ubersmith installs I've seen are piss poor ugly, and functions look like an iframe within a half-baked front end panel. Done properly it can be amazing as @INIZ said. This however, is rarely the case.

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited October 2014

@serverian said:
    They'll migrate to an unknown, unpublished software that doesn't even has a proper GUI developer that's why uses a template from themeforest.net you think?

OR how about the fact that since its STILL IN DEVELOPMENT, and it had to have a website online and it had to have screenshots, that temporary design elements were used.
    The UI/Design is the easy part and final part -- getting the software working correctly and with all the required features and capabilities is the hard part.

You make it look pretty and custom at the end once you have all the functions done and able to integrate into the working front-end UI.