Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] New Location (NYC), Unbranded Reseller, 10%-20% off promos!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] New Location (NYC), Unbranded Reseller, 10%-20% off promos!

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited September 2014 in Offers

(Pre-approved advertising non-VPS product that appeals to a frequently stated need of users on this forum, ask @mpkossen for confirmation)

Hey guys! I wanted to take a minute to introduce MXroute to those of you who may not have heard of us. We provide e-mail hosting for your domains at a fraction of the cost of most mail services, while providing above average uptime and fast mail servers. I also wanted to announce that as of today MXroute has expanded to New York City, where all new accounts will be provisioned for the moment. We are excited to expand our services to a second reputable provider here at LET, @INIZ.

As of today we also have an unbranded server available for resellers. This is available on the monthly plans. The order links for this can be found below.

I would like to offer once again as I have in the past, the two following promo codes for MXroute's services.

Promo Code: TRYMX

20% off, non-recurring discount.

Promo Code: MX10

10% off, recurring discount.

Features:

• Z-Push

ActiveSync compatible push services for your devices. Some devices may not work, Z-Push has some functional limitations.

• Redundancy

RAID10 storage, daily off-site backups.

• Webmail (Roundcube)

• Secure IMAP, POP3, SMTP.

• DKIM (Open ticket for public key)

Yearly Plans:

Small

10GB Storage

1 Domain

1 Email Account

$5/year

Order: https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=5

Medium

15GB Storage

3 Domains

10 Email Accounts per domain

$15/year

Order: https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=6

Large

50GB Storage

10 Domains

30 Email Accounts per domain

$25/year

Order: https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=3

Monthly Plans:

MX350

20GB Storage

Unlimited Domains

Unlimited Accounts

$3.50/m

https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=10

Unbranded: https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=15

MX500

40GB Storage

Unlimited Domains

Unlimited Accounts

$5.00/m

https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=11

Unbranded: https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=16

MX700

75GB Storage

Unlimited Domains

Unlimited Accounts

$7.00/m

https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=12

Unbranded: https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=17

Thanked by 2ihatetonyy Patrick

Comments

• Nice looking plans, normally I'd dismiss something like this out of hand but you're one of the few people I'd actually trust to run something like this.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Nekki said:
    Nice looking plans, normally I'd dismiss something like this out of hand but you're one of the few people I'd actually trust to run something like this.

Thanks brother! I really do enjoy it :)

edited September 2014

Added the bit about the new unbranded reseller server, by request only, after order :)

• sumosumo Member
    edited September 2014

I picked up a plan from @Jar. Support has been really good. You can tell he cares about the service and your suggestions.

The biggest benefit over free email providers is your information isn't scanned for advertising purposes. In comparison to other paid email providers, I would say support is the biggest difference - you know who owns it and how to reach him. My plan is to try it out for a few months and potentially use it for business emails.

I also like how the plans are simple and cover most of the spectrum of potential users.

Thanked by 3jar ihatetonyy netomx

@sumo said:
    I picked up a plan from Jar. Support has been really good. You can tell he cares about the service and your suggestions.

The biggest benefit over free email providers is your information isn't scanned for advertising purposes. In comparison to other paid email providers, I would say support is the biggest difference - you know who owns it and how to reach him. My plan is to try it out for a few months and potentially use it for business emails.

I also like how the plans are simple and cover most of the spectrum of potential users.

Glad to have you on board! Don't forget though, all of your mail is automatically forwarded to me for my evening entertainment.

I kid, I barely have time to read my own ;)

• Where are your mail servers? (Are there any more outside NYC?)

Thanked by 1jar

@Cory said:
    Where are your mail servers? (Are there any more outside NYC?)

Currently in NYC with INIZ. We also have a server in Seattle with Catalyst. I figure a little geographic variation is nice. Everything is provisioned in NYC but I can move anyone to Seattle on request.

Backup relay located in Atlanta with RamNode. It is not yet set up for NYC but will be within 48 hours. An email will go out to anyone in NYC about that.

• neopipilneopipil Member
    edited September 2014

Jar, what is different with the unbranded MX700 plan as opposed to the regular MX700 plan? Do you plan to add subaccounts for resellers so that clients can manage their own email? That would be an awesome feature. @jar

@neopipil said:
    Jar, what is different with the unbranded MX700 plan as opposed to the regular MX700 plan? Do you plan to add subaccounts for resellers so that clients can manage their own email? That would be an awesome feature. jar

Unbranded has its own server which has no MXroute branding. The domain is mxlogin.com. Beyond that the feature set is the same, but better suited for people who want to resell the plans. Unfortunately sub accounts, like you might do with a cPanel reseller, are not yet available.

In the short term the goal will be to increase what users can do from webmail. If VestaCP doesn't program in sub-accounts I imagine that I will. It will be a reasonably large task for me and not something I would want to make any unrealistic promises on. I can tell you that I've already developed a fair amount of addon functions to Vesta and I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty :)

• Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense about the unbranded server. In terms of the sub-accounts, makes sense to take your time to implement. I do think that would be a killer feature. I know I'd be interested ins something like that.

@Jar said:
    In the short term the goal will be to increase what users can do from webmail. If VestaCP doesn't program in sub-accounts I imagine that I will. It will be a reasonably large task for me and not something I would want to make any unrealistic promises on. I can tell you that I've already developed a fair amount of addon functions to Vesta and I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • said: Z-Push

ActiveSync compatible push services for your devices. Some devices may not work, Z-Push has some functional limitations.

Can you expand a bit on the limitations you have come across in the wild with Z-Push if you don't mind? Or if any current MXroute customers can share their experience with it? Don't want to derail the thread too much, just curious how it's working for folks.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Anyone who is on the fence about bringing your domain over: don't be. MXRoute is great.

Migrated a 5-user domain from Outlook because we'd added on a staff member and weren't able to add any more addresses. Besides some initial pains getting people used to Roundcube, service has been great (with the exception of the DNS outage.. all eyes on name.com for that one, ultimately, though) and

dabtech said: Or if any current MXroute customers can share their experience with it?

It was a little finnicky with Android. It worked fine in terms of delivering email but wanted to set up a (presumably un-enforceable) Exchange security policy. This was, though, literally only a day or so after they'd set up Z-Push, so the bugs may have been worked out.

Thanked by 3jar ryanarp dabtech

@dabtech said:
    Can you expand a bit on the limitations you have come across in the wild with Z-Push if you don't mind? Or if any current MXroute customers can share their experience with it? Don't want to derail the thread too much, just curious how it's working for folks.

Once you get used to the limitations it is fairly reliable. Despite supporting multiple accounts per device, you will find that only one account can be connected as an exchange account per device. It just doesn't work. Sometimes it randomly asks you for your password, but I think I've got that fixed.

ihatetonyy said: It was a little finnicky with Android. It worked fine in terms of delivering email but wanted to set up a (presumably un-enforceable) Exchange security policy. This was, though, literally only a day or so after they'd set up Z-Push, so the bugs may have been worked out.

A huge overhaul came to it a bit later. It now sends mail over SMTP instead of PHP, properly signs DKIM, and it is a bit more reliable. That security policy is very real and I can wipe your phone remotely. Scary right? It should be disabled now though.

Thanked by 2ihatetonyy dabtech
  • Jar said: That security policy is very real and I can wipe your phone remotely. Scary right?

B-b-but, my selfies..

Thanked by 3jar netomx trewq

ihatetonyy said: Anyone who is on the fence about bringing your domain over: don't be. MXRoute is great.

Almost forgot to say, thanks for the kind words Tony!

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • still waiting for that API @Jar :)