Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The GeekBench Challenge - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The GeekBench Challenge

2»

Comments

• @Centaur

Yes, I guess is real, they give you access to all the 16 threads.

• CentaurCentaur Member
    edited January 2012

Wow, thats very nice actually. However, everyone must just behave on that node. lol.

@yomero, it seems my CPU is capped, but I also have a feeling that the node is a little bit overloaded. Don't know why they capped my CPU, since it seems that the lower packages are running their threads at a higher clock. Really fishy.

Something that will really help this thread is if people also post on which node they are. Since not all nodes run at the same speed :)

• Just to set a kind of baseline for sandy bridge here is my i7 laptop
    http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/537547

• @Centaur said: @Joel, is that Edis.at score for real. What package do you have with them and what location. Really good score. Almost as if you have the entire server for yourself. lol

Custom plan:
    256 MB RAM
    2 GB HDD
    1 IP address
    100 GB bandwidth per month

Basically it's the VPS Micro package with additional 128 ram. You can see the Geekbench results here for yourself: http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/536488

It's running VServer, so i'm still getting my head around it a bit, however it has been super stable for the last few days so i'm very happy with it.

• @Centaur said: Can someone maybe run a geekbench on a Hostigation OVZ-1024 package.

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/463206

That is a single core on an OpenVZ node, the OVZ-1024 comes with two, so it would be a bit higher than the 5844 score.

• @miTgiB, nice score for a single core. Thanks. How are you able to get that kind of score on a single core on a VPS? So with two cores, I'm looking at something in the region of 7000, I think.

@Joel, what location do you have your VPS with them. Also how does that score fluctuate, since everyone is sharing all the cores. Have you seen any super slowdowns sometimes. But, I like what I have been reading about VServer and Edis.at in general here on this site.

• @Centaur said: @Joel, what location do you have your VPS with them.

Germany. Loads displayed are always about 1.1 to 1.7, as it displays the whole node's load to me. No slowdowns at all for me so far, in fact it installs and compiles quicker than any other VPS I have. However, the drawback would be if an abuser was on the node I assume it would bring me to a grinding halt as well.

• @Centaur said: @miTgiB, nice score for a single core. Thanks. How are you able to get that kind of score on a single core on a VPS?

Xeon E3