Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seriously? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seriously?

124»

Comments

• 96mb96mb Member

Don't think the maxmind they have actually works, I tried to sign one up just for the sake of it, and I tried 2 different phone numbers (both are mine), none of them give me a single call....

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

Yeah i guess it's time to move to ovh geovks. But i have no idea till when it will stay free

• vahevahe Member

@yomero said: Was free. If you hosted something important there... huh. Also, backups... where are your backups?

I have a backup, but it's a day old :(

• NightNight Member

@vahe You try a support ticket? Luckily I didn't have anything too valuable on it.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

update: sent 2 support tickets, no vps so far

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@96mb you dont take your number when you jump networks ? Changing phone number is extremely annoying to me.
    I made it damn sure I did, now I have 2 EUR plan with free 2 mb internet and free calls within the network, including mobile and landlines.
    But it only comes with a fiber and tv which cost 10 EURs each, otherwise you have to pay for internet on mobile.
    That is 3 times cheaper than any other offer here if we dont consider the free internet (nobody offers that on phones, just sticks).
    M

• The fraud check call never made it -

• what is this guy thinking offering no option in between free and $20, he could probably do quite a few sales in the 5-10$ area

• LESLES Member
    edited July 2012

@Wintereise said: The fraud check call never made it

Yes no call! Someone ever passed the fraud check here?

Maybe:

if ($user['favpage']=='LET')
    die("Maxmind fraud");

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

That must be it, since I removed LET from favpage maxmind no longer flags my orders :P
    M

• NightNight Member

I didn't make it passed the fraud check, but someone manually approved my order.

@Night said: but someone manually approved my order.

mine continues to be marked as fraud

• not going to bother signing up again. The VPS wasnt very good and I dont want to help these guys sell anything.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I sent a ticket about it being marked as fraud 3 days ago, still no reply.
    I don't think I'm going to get one.

• Same here, VM shut down and no reply as to why. I did not receive any ticket about fraud or anything. The SolusVM user was deleted for no reason at all.

I guess this tells something about transparency in their operations...