Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to find an administrative contact for .ee domain?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where to find an administrative contact for .ee domain?

flrrieflrrie Member
edited July 2012 in General

Dear LETters (no pun intended),

I have been on the lookout for the perfect domain name (for my personal projects, rDNS, you name it) a few years now... Well, I probably met one yesterday. It was love at first sight -- .ee domain I tell you.

But it has proven not to be too easy. After researching the subject thoroughly (as always), I found out that registration of .ee domains is indeed possible for private persons residing outside Estonia but one needs to assign an Estonian administrative contact (either company or private person) regardless. I don't feel like faking all those documents (incl. Estonian identification number) would be a good way to accomplish my goal. Unfortunately, though, my only other option seems to be to get an Estonian lawyer to sign as my administrative contact, and oh boy, that's pricy. Paying over 100 euros a year for a domain name that's mostly just gimmick is simply too much. But neither would I like to give up this easily.

What would you suggest? To give up and find another extension that's more accessible (but wouldn't allow the domain hack I'm drooling over)? Or could hint me some Estonian individual / company who would be willing to act as my administrative contact for this endeavour (without the three-digit price tag, preferably)?

flrrie

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I would suggest you to wait for the new TLDs that will be out in a year or so. No doubt there will be something for everyone.
    M

• dirkdirk Member

Find a registrar that allow you to set them as contact (like EuroDNS)

• To start with...
    fr.ee
    agr.ee
    coff.ee
    b.ee
    tr.ee
    pedigr.ee
    Cost is around 24USD per year. currently requires admin contact from someone in estonia. however things are changing. IANA might enter to standardize the domain rules, so its better to wait..

• @dirk said: EuroDNS

They allow to use their proxy service, however the domain cost is USD84.44 per year

• ZiggaZigga Member

@flrrie said: Paying over 100 euros a year for a domain name that's mostly just gimmick is simply too much. But neither would I like to give up this easily.

Hey there,

Have you looked at netim? I think the Estonian local contact is 10 euro on top so around 35 in total for a year.

Thanked by 1flrrie
  • flrrieflrrie Member
    edited July 2012

@dirk, do you have experience with EuroDNS or similar services? I noticed them when googling around, but they seem to be a little bit shady, and if not that, at least expensive. The domain registration cost is around 22 euros and while doubling the price would be understandable, quadrupling it is too much I'm afraid (for such a simple service). Basically it requires the administrative contact to be a legal entity in Estonia and then have their name available on the WHOIS registry (full details are asked during the registration, but it seems to be that the WHOIS data is rather scarce as far as privacy is concerned).

@Zigga, their fees seem far more feasible. Do you have any experience with Netim? I would definitely go for 40€/yr, but their WHT reputation doesn't look too good: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1110788. Especially when someone being the administrative contact basically means that they have the full authority to change the nameservers etc.

• dirkdirk Member

@flrrie I did use the services of EuroDNS in the past, the reason that I stopped using them was a pure price issue. For the TLDs I needed I could find other registrars that were much cheaper. (I never needed a .EE)

• ZiggaZigga Member

@flrrie said: Do you have any experience with Netim? I would definitely go for 40€/yr, but their WHT reputation doesn't look too good:

Ah, yes this is certainly a conundrum. Netim are cheap and not so cheerful (I consider inter.bs cheap and cheerful) The control panel is pretty straight forward and I currently use them for a .de domain.

Almost nothing is instant and seem to rely on a ticket to a technician. saying that changes happen in 20ish mins.

• i left u a message pls check your inbox :)

• ZiggaZigga Member

@tattooman said: i left u a message pls check your inbox :)

Mr. @Tattooman do you have a special .ee connection? I want to register one as well but 35 euro is too much..

• flrrieflrrie Member

@tattooman, replied :)