Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Man Merchant Gateways Are A RIPOFF!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Man Merchant Gateways Are A RIPOFF!

FRCoreyFRCorey Member
edited July 2012 in General

So I'm testing out different accounting software to get a grip on those small costs that can eat up profits, and I notice a 72 dollar charge on my bank from my merchant account. That's processing fees in addition to the little cuts they charge me when they charge it.

It helps that those charges go directly to my bank account vs Paypal, but that's a huge expense compared to even paypal pro's 30 dollars a month.

Is it even worth it anymore to keep a merchant account or just work with Paypal or 2CO and companies like that?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Merchant account providers are mostly scams in my opinion. It's hard to find ones that aren't out to rip you off. It's been a few years since I looked for one, can't remember at all what solutions I went with. These days the percentages from PayPal or something like Square are just easier to swallow for small business because what you pay is based on what you earn.

• And to think swipe fees were reduced, seems they're making up more fees to get around it.