Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disposition for IPXcore's 32mb VPS plan - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Disposition for IPXcore's 32mb VPS plan

2»

Comments

• @MrLadoodle said: How do you pronounce Atjeu?

atch

@Damian :
    Would it be okay to cancel all the 32MB and give the customer a credit? So we can use it to purchase another service from you.

If not, then maybe we are okay, if we're just cancelled, and you can keep the 1.5 as a gift :)

I have 2 x 32MB, both just for testing , optimizing , and vpn, and also how much we can tweak a vps to run a small website. :)

• DamianDamian Member

@dmmcintyre3 said: why does your website say you have ddos protection?

Adam put it on there, because Atjeu told us they have ddos protection. We weren't aware that ddos protection was because things got unplugged...

• DamianDamian Member

Updated my original post to give a third option of applying your payment towards a credit. Still not sure why it's listing every line item as a 1. though...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
  • DamianDamian Member

@jarland said: DDOS protection, one time fee of $9.99

Haha, indeed...

• @Damian

What about Phoenix NAP/Securedservers etc?

• 96mb96mb Member

@Damian said: 3). I remember the lengthy backlash that occurred when @jtodd cancelled people's VPS plans and offered them refunds. Granted, that was on his own accord, and this issue is not, but I would really like to avoid negative feedback.

From a customer/user perspective, I think most of the people could understand the rationale for you to do so, after all, you did not try to attract the clients with the intention of screwing them up a month later. I can not comment on the story with James, but I am sure as long as you have good services, people will be more than happy to stay with you guys.

• DamianDamian Member

@DanielM said: Phoenix NAP/Securedservers

Adam is meeting with them as we speak.

• Jack Morris is a good guy ;)

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Who?

• DamianDamian Member

Dude that's Zack Morris :P

Thanked by 2jar TheHackBox
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

How about just doubling the price or taking 50% off of everyone's billing cycle, for example I paid a year up front just don't refund me and set it to renew in 6 months instead or just send me an invoice and double the price :)

Honestly though for my own situation I honestly don't care, if it helps just terminate it and don't refund, I can imagine in this sort of situation the worst thing for your mental state would be having to quibble with 450 people over $0.50c here or there with such a mamoth task ahead of you. :)

You have always seemed to be a pretty decent guy around here and I think that is reflected in how many people are not giving you a hard time.

• earlearl Member

@Damian

I say you can keep the $1.50.. with all the free upgrades you have given me for my other VPS, I would think nothing of it.. Maybe you can offer another deal when things settle down..

• lbftlbft Member
    edited July 2012

You have my sympathies. The whole thing really, really sucks for you (and from what we've seen here, Atjeu's response looks pretty atrocious).

@Damian said: Not sure why my formatting up there gives me points 1. and 1.. But anyway...

You need to escape the dot (like 2\.). Markdown interprets any number followed by a dot as an ordered list item (and, if there's a paragraph break, it interprets that as the start of a new ordered list which restarts the numbering).

@AnthonySmith said: How about just doubling the price or taking 50% off of everyone's billing cycle, for example I paid a year up front just don't refund me and set it to renew in 6 months instead or just send me an invoice and double the price :)

Whilst I might voluntarily take that option if it was offered, if a provider just arbitrarily decided I had to pay more money I'd be upset (no matter how nice they are). It would seem incredibly rude to me to turn around and just bill someone again for something they've already paid for/retrospectively alter the terms, no matter how cheap it is.

If a company can't do it any more due to circumstances outside their control, that's fair enough - shit happens - but if you want to hold on to good will a prorated refund should at least be an option because ultimately the customer didn't do anything wrong either. I suspect most wouldn't bother taking it over somewhere between $1.50 and $6.

@Jack said: Howabout IPv6 vm's then an IPv4 price if they need IPv4?

IPv6 only or IPv6 + NATted IPv4 (like VDS6.net) would be fine by me - like a lot of people I bought it to play around with and to see what I could squeeze in to that memory footprint.

• efballefball Member

Damian,

I have a 32MB box $3/6 months. Why not wait and see what sort of package you can offer at a new datacenter. Credit towards a new service would be fine.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited July 2012

We've figured out a plan that will allow us to retain the 32mb plan at 50 cents per month.

So nevermind on all of this. Better safe than sorry.

Thank you everyone, for the kind words and kind offers!

This thread can be closed.

• Well seeming I just got here in time for it to be closed.

@Damien thanks for all the hard work you put into your company and LET!

This discussion has been closed.