Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to start a VPS business, is reselling a good method? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I want to start a VPS business, is reselling a good method?

2»

Comments

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

If you can't manage a dedicated server, then you only have one option -- re-sell plans offered by a proper host.

If you can't manage a dedicated server though, then that also means you won't be able to provide much technical support.

You'd almost be better suited just sticking to affiliate programs until you gain some technical experience.

• I would actually say the same, go for dedicated server and start your own business from here. do not if reselling :)

• @WebDevNow said:
    I would actually say the same, go for dedicated server and start your own business from here. do not if reselling :)

You'd say start with a dedicated server even thought the op has admitted he doesn't know how to manage one? Son, you crazier than the crack fox.

• What are you going to call the business?

• @raindog308 said:

I would never cheat my customers just like reselling that stuff and say I'm decade experienced? lolllllllll

I already found a reseller provider with $2.7/GB offer of reselling KVM VPS now, I would like to have a try of that

• @instatech said:
    If you want success introduce something new different offering unique location etc since you are businessman you do understand what I am trying to say.

a VPS without TOS is good? I'm thinking about that

• @Mun said:
    What are you going to call the business?

idiotvps? lol

• @satoshi said:
    a VPS without TOS is good? I'm thinking about that

I don't think you should be considering the possibility of running a business.

• I think this has just turned into a huge troll thread at this point.

• @jnguyen said:

without TOS is easy to finish~ just rent cloud from somewhere and let the customers to abuse that server room out~

• @tdale said:
    I think this has just turned into a huge troll thread at this point.

I'm a troll but I'm not trolling you~

• GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited September 2014

Well you have to start somewhere so reselling VPS isn't a bad start. It's good until the stress you will probably get when you decide to order a dedicated server and transfer your VPS clients over to your dedicated server.

• @satoshi

If you are a good business man then there is a chance you can make a profit in the hosting market as a whole there is a good chance you wont see that money at all for a while. I agree that you should try reselling first it will make you very gerneric but it will give you access to customer feedback. Once you have some experaince managing cutomers bill and so on then you should learn how to admin your own servers. And then you will need to pick a location/market on vps side you want to get into.

• Don't feed the troll.

• I love how most of the people who are burning OP for asking to play it safe with a reseller are forgetting that most of them started out reselling OVH VPSs themselves.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited September 2014

@satoshi

I second all @wojons said. Don't expect to make any money on straightforward resale of LEB's. Think: VAR niche! Problem with that approach is, it requires tech skills, whereas you freely admit to not having any.

On top of that, your clients will hold YOU responsible for any uptime issues, crashes, data loss, suspensions and myriad of other common problems with LEB's (and clients!), that you, as reseller, will have no control over. You need to choose a partner/provider who has very good communication skills - and willingness to use them! - something in very short supply with LEB providers, for obvious reasons. And after you find one like that, don't count on them holding your hand - they will be busy running their own business!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jnguyen said: I don't think you should be considering the possibility of running a business.

But he's decade experienced! lolllllllll

Pwner said: I love how most of the people who are burning OP for asking to play it safe with a reseller are forgetting that most of them started out reselling OVH VPSs themselves.

I've never seen anyone who started out on OVH last for an appreciable period of time, or enjoy a good reputation if they did.

I've never seen anyone reselling OVH VPSes period...usually people get some cheap dedi there and carve it up.

• @raindog308 said:
    I've never seen anyone reselling OVH VPSes period...usually people get some cheap dedi there and carve it up.

OK now I saw some guys say I need to start with reseller and some guys say I need Dedi

so I will start with reseller and move to Dedi when I'm with technology

let me consider some cheap plans(cheap as 123systems) to provide

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

satoshi said: let me consider some cheap plans(cheap as 123systems) to provide

• @raindog308 said:

I can lose some money at the beginning just to start the business...

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@satoshi said:
    I can lose some money at the beginning just to start the business...

By some I hope you mean thousands otherwise good luck.

• @raindog308 said:

Same here, not heard of reselling OVH VPS but some purchased OVH dedi to sell as VPS. Now that I heard of.