Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Openstatus client
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Openstatus client

HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
edited July 2012 in Help

Hey so I'm installing Openstatus client on a cPanel DNS ONLY server (aka CentOS). I've been following the instructions and I have the client running, but the main uptime server doesn't seem to be getting anything.

I set the configurations on the client to point directly at the main server (port and all) and I have it setting up all the proper stuff (atleast to my knowledge).

Anyone have any problems with this? The only port forwarding I have to do is on the server side correct? (to listen on the port)

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I have never used openstatus, however it sounds to me that it is some kind of firewall problem. Why don't you try disabling the firewall for a minute and check if it is working.

• TazTaz Member

By any chance, are you connecting via SSL?

• Run the daemon with -d parameter as there might be debug messages iirc?

• @LiquidHost I tried disabling the firewall but surprising to me I couldn't find iptables in the /etc/init.d/ section. Although that is what I'm suspecting too.

@NinjaHawk: I'm not connecting via SSL I am sure of that (pretty sure).

@djvdorp I'll try that out. You mean the client side right?

• ThorinThorin Member
    edited July 2012

BlueVM (I saw you in chat)? I had the same problem when I tried to install openstatus. I had to get them to open shh and http ports too. They said they needed to flush iptables after the kernel upgrade but I had to request to have each port opened one by one. Flushing iptables on the VPS doesn't help. I don't feel like asking them every time I need a port so I just gave up on openstatus.

• @Thorin yeah I was in BlueVM IRC but this server is with GetKVM (I only have two with BlueVM :P). But I'll look into that too. Although I thought you don't need to open ports (I thought that was all handled by iptables...).

• Remember this is KVM, so your in control of your own firewall rules :)

• @GetKVM_Ash said: Remember this is KVM, so your in control of your own firewall rules :)

Exactly what I thought thanks Ash!