Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best VPS provider for webhosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best VPS provider for webhosting?

What provider would you guys recommend for a medium-traffic (1000 UV a day and hopefully to grow) website?

I've been using the 512MB from BuyVM for a while, but it's been starting to have sporadic moments of awful response time for no apparent reason, and I'm beginning to think it's because the node is full of people running torrent clients all day.

Are there any good providers out there for reliable webhosting? Preferably one that doesn't allow torrents or the like. 512MB RAM minimum, and cheap extra IPv4 would be a nice bonus.

Comments

• catalystiumcatalystium Member
    edited September 2014

Been using vpsdime (6GB) + cpanel with no issues for about a month so far.

Edit: vpsdime.com / http://lowendbox.com/blog/vpsdime-7month-6gb-ram-30gb-ssd-10gbps-uplink-in-dallas-or-seattle/

• Yeah VPSDime is great! :)

@Serverian

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2014

Go with VPSDime/INIZ/CatalystHost/RamNode.

• GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited September 2014

I believe we are perfect for you since we offer very reliable VPS at an affordable cost.

We can offer you following specifications below for $6.95/m:

3.3+ GHz CPU @ 4 Cores

50GB RAID-10 Disk Space

1000GB Monthly Bandwidth

2GB DDR3 RAM

1 IPv4 Address / IPv6 Available Upon Request

1Gbps Port

OpenVZ

Additionally, you can check our other OpenVZ plans at http://greenhostbox.com/openvz.html

Some of the special features that we offer are:

-Auto Null Route DDoS Protection - No need to worry about being suspended after receiving DDoS attacks!

-100% Network Uptime SLA

-0% Packet Loss Guarantee

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

said: I'm beginning to think it's because the node is full of people running torrent clients all day.

Probably not :) Most users that want torrents just go on a storage plan and such or they do really low key usage.

The only node I can think of that has been problematic is NJ-NODE03. We've had some of the caching SSD's act up or thrown errors, causing the RAID cards to kick them out. Top that with a rebuild of at least 1 drive it's been a bumpy ride the last few days.

We did a maintenance on that node earlier this week so it may have taken a bit for the array to finish rebuilding before things calmed. As of the last 2 days i've not really seen any IO spikes and things are fairly leveled out for spinning rust. Jersey is still due for an SSD makeover but that's not for a bit yet.

Francisco

• VPSDime Iniz RamNode

• @MrTiny , I will say you can test Inceptionhosting !!! You will not regret. I am using it for some time. Or you can try other top provider of LEB...

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

VPSDime, RamNode.

• If you don't want to worry about downtime because of other abusers on the node, then why not go with a dedicated server? You can get a decent dedicated server from WholeSaleInternet or DataShack for $25/mo. If you want a VPS with good performance and don't want to worry about downtime, you should opt for a KVM or Xen-HV VPS (RamNode is a good choice). If you'd rather go with OpenVZ, then I would recommend RapidVPS (the VPS I had with them had a rock solid performance) however they're a bit more pricey and for that price you could get a dedicated server.

• @MrTiny said:
    What provider would you guys recommend for a medium-traffic (1000 UV a day and hopefully to grow) website?

I've been using the 512MB from BuyVM for a while, but it's been starting to have sporadic moments of awful response time for no apparent reason, and I'm beginning to think it's because the node is full of people running torrent clients all day.

Are there any good providers out there for reliable webhosting? Preferably one that doesn't allow torrents or the like. 512MB RAM minimum, and cheap extra IPv4 would be a nice bonus.

I use a 512MB EDIS box for a site that gets much more UV a day, and it's a heavy IPB forum too. Uses around 300MB RAM and is always responsive.

I'm sure Ramnode would also be a good choice too.

• dgprasetyadgprasetya Member
    edited September 2014

RamNode

• RamNode

SecureDragon

• We can do 8 IPv4, 20 IPv6, 3GB RAM / 3.5GB Burst, 120GB RAID Disk, 500GB Bandwidth, 4 3.4Ghz Cores for $12 / Month. We also offer discounted cpanel license, if you email us [email protected] we can have this set up for you now.

• Thanks for the suggestions. I'm looking at VPSDime and Ramnode. Few questions;

Is it worth going with KVM over OpenVZ? My main objective is hosting a few Wordpress sites with the best consistent speed possible. Is KVM worth the extra few bucks for this type of need? Will it keep me isolated from other abusers on the node?

I'm guessing 8gb RAM (VpsDime) isn't really necessary for this application. Or is there some reason why it would be better suited for this?

• OpenVZ is just fine for hosting sites, in my opinion I would only get KVM if I needed to encrypt the disk otherwise its more money for the same.

Could do some kind of cache with all that ram, not using anywhere near my 8GB on vpsdime.

• @MrTiny said:
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm looking at VPSDime and Ramnode. Few questions;

Is it worth going with KVM over OpenVZ? My main objective is hosting a few Wordpress sites with the best consistent speed possible. Is KVM worth the extra few bucks for this type of need? Will it keep me isolated from other abusers on the node?

I'm guessing 8gb RAM (VpsDime) isn't really necessary for this application. Or is there some reason why it would be better suited for this?

I would go with Ramnode, they definitely look after the nodes so abusers won't be a problem.

VPSDime run a nice operation too, but there's no point paying for 6GB RAM if you only need 512

• I would recommend Ramnode as well, heard alot of positive reviews about them, they seem to be doing fantastic job, go Ramnode.

• Dude,,, you've opened 3 different threads for arguably the same requirement and that too within three days...

Why not just stick to one...

• You can test http://www.cloudways.com/en/ for FREE upto 30 days. Its managed hosting platform built in partnership with DigitalOcean.

• Xenpower

Iniz

Try this 2 provider.

• Try Vultr. They provide a rock solid service.

Thanked by 1DaveA
  • MrTinyMrTiny Member
    edited September 2014

@ez2uk said:
    Dude,,, you've opened 3 different threads for arguably the same requirement and that too within three days...

Why not just stick to one...

It's not the same thing. In this one I'm asking for an option for the absolute best/fastest/reliable host for a site. In the other one I'm asking for cheap low-end boxes that need to be primarily cheap with speed being secondary. Plus having access to multiple IPs.

• MrTinyMrTiny Member
    edited September 2014

I just moved everything over to the 512MB / $5 plan at Ramnode, everything flies and I'm really happy so far. Tinkering with nginx/varnish, pretty good stuff.

• GVH, GoodHosting, Ramnode, Letbox

• @theenter said:
    GVH

GVH? Seriously? After all the people they f*d up? Search for GVH on WebHostingTalk ...