Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me test this help desk script I made.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help me test this help desk script I made.

subigosubigo Member
edited July 2012 in General

You guys were helpful testing the "forum" I crapped out the other day. Now I need some people to test this basic help desk / support system.

http://dev.zensix.com/login.php

user: demo
pass: password

Rules: Don't be a dick.

Comments

• DamianDamian Member

I like it.

• jhjh Member

Nice

• TazTaz Member

Looks more like a forum type.

• subigosubigo Member

@NinjaHawk said: Looks more like a forum type.

That was what I was going for... more of a personal forum for each user to communicate with support.

• Very nice. Any thoughts about...

• File attachments?
    • Email notifications (to clients)?
  • subigosubigo Member

@sleddog said: Very nice. Any thoughts about...

File attachments?

Email notifications (to clients)?

Email notifications are already part of it, just not in the demo. And I'll probably add file attachments tonight.

• TazTaz Member

Email piping?

• subigosubigo Member

@NinjaHawk said: Email piping?

I won't be doing it, but it would be easy to add.

Bug count since post: 2

• TazTaz Member

Planning to add captcha support?

• AndriAndri Member

Nice and simple.

• subigosubigo Member

@NinjaHawk said: Planning to add captcha support?

No need for captcha when the user has to login with their own user/password.

• flyfly Member

why would you need captcha for ticket system

• TazTaz Member

I mean for registration.

• subigosubigo Member

@NinjaHawk said: I mean for registration.

Yes, I'll just use recaptcha. Eventually everything is going to merge with my custom billing system and new users will only be added when they sign-up for a new account.

• syamansyaman Member

Looks incredibly clean and "zen-like"

• ShamliShamli Member

Looks very clean and fast...

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited July 2012

june one comment: in listing, see who created the ticket.

edit: what framework do you usually use when coding php? thanks

• debugdebug Member

@jcaleb said: in listing, see who created the ticket.

What's the point? You do know that it only displays your tickets, after you log in to your account.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited July 2012

sorry, i didn't know whats the role of demo user. with so many tickets, i thought these were all tickets in the system

• subigosubigo Member

@jcaleb said: what framework do you usually use when coding php? thanks

None. I don't like frameworks.

• RaymiiRaymii Member

The initial ticket has a maxlength, the reactions afterwards don't.

Also, I've posted a `<?php echo('test'); ?>' and it shows up entirely blank. I also can send a reply without content.

Except that, it looks very nice and clean. Whats it written in?

• RaymiiRaymii Member
    edited July 2012

Also, by changing this URL: http://dev.zensix.com/index.php?ticket_id=25&status=SOLVED&user_id=2 (ticket_id) I can mark other tickets solved. I don't know if there is any use checking in it?

And I can submit a ticket with nothing in it ( ) (<-- a space)..

and I can view every ticket by increasing the ticket id:http://dev.zensix.com/index.php?ticket_id=1 http://dev.zensix.com/index.php?ticket_id=2 http://dev.zensix.com/index.php?ticket_id=3. Is that by design?

• debugdebug Member

@Raymii said: Also, by changing this URL: http://dev.zensix.com/index.php?ticket_id=25&status=SOLVED&user_id=2 (ticket_id) I can mark other tickets solved. I don't know if there is any use checking in it?

I think it checks the user id. I tried changing it to user id 1, and it didn't worked. However, it is a possible XSS attack, a bit useless one however.

I'm sure all tickets are made by the one user we have access to, demo. Unless subigo makes another account/etc , we won't know if you can view every ticket. I'm guessing he did however (judging from the quality of his previous work, he should of done some access-checking already)

• subigosubigo Member

@Raymii said: Also, I've posted a `<?php echo('test'); ?>' and it shows up entirely blank. I also can send a reply without content.

That's the strip_tags working and me not checking for empty variables in the response.

@Raymii said: Except that, it looks very nice and clean. Whats it written in?

Just PHP.

@Raymii said: Also, by changing this URL: http://dev.zensix.com/index.php?ticket_id=25&status=SOLVED&user_id=2 (ticket_id) I can mark other tickets solved. I don't know if there is any use checking in it?

Only tickets the user owns, so it doesn't matter. Viewing a ticket you don't own will show a blank page.

And I can submit a ticket with nothing in it ( ) (<-- a space)..

Yeah, I have to fix that.

Again, you can only view it if you own it.

I've added a second user so you can all see how it works.

user: demo2
    pass: password

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I like it, you going to release the source?

• subigosubigo Member

@Infinity said: I like it, you going to release the source?

Probably. I'm waiting to hear back from some guy who wants to integrate it into a billing system first.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Just a few little things:

1) Changed "SOLVED" to a different color
    2) Instead of just having "last reply", have a different status depending on who's reply "Customer reply" (like WHMCS).
    3) Different color background replies for customer vs admin tickets
    4) "Click here to mark this ticket as "SOLVED"." Have this element scroll with the screen so it's always in sight.
    5) When a new reply is made, auto scroll to the reply on opening.
    6) Ability to change reply order (drop down select). Instead of always oldest to newest, allow reverse order.

• subigosubigo Member

@telephone said: Just a few little things:

1) Changed "SOLVED" to a different color

2) Instead of just having "last reply", have a different status depending on who's reply "Customer reply" (like WHMCS).
    3) Different color background replies for customer vs admin tickets
    4) "Click here to mark this ticket as "SOLVED"." Have this element scroll with the screen so it's always in sight.
    5) When a new reply is made, auto scroll to the reply on opening.
    6) Ability to change reply order (drop down select). Instead of always oldest to newest, allow reverse order.

Thanks, I'll probably implement all of your suggestions (already did 1 and 5, just haven't updated the demo) except for #2. I only have one support guy, so it will only ever be his name or the client's name.

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited July 2012

Sorry, I should have clarified #2 better.
    Instead of just having the status "OPEN", have "AWAITING REPLY" or "CUSTOMER REPLY".

I was trying to point out that the "last reply" on the far right is out of sight (on a large screen), and takes an effort to read the name for each ticket.

• JacobJacob Member

Cool Beans.

It looks good.