Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tiny Yearly VPS South America, Africa, Asia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tiny Yearly VPS South America, Africa, Asia

wojonswojons Member
edited September 2014 in Requests

I need tiny Like DNS nodes in these locations. South America, Africa, Asia

Debian 7
128MB Ram
2-5GB Disk
+10GB Bandwidth
1 IPV4 (Nat allowed if cheap upgrade to dedicated)
IPv6 (is a plus)

Please let me know what the country and city is.
These nodes will do almost nothing.
Yearly Plans only
OpenVz OK
No Support OK

Comments

• These nodes will do almost nothing.

what are you gonna do with them? play ping pong games?

• @lelewku said:

That is exactly right. I need them for latancy testing. I will open a tcp port and time the latnacy in that.

• @hostnoob said:
    http://www.host1plus.com/vps-hosting/?location=johannesburg

$2/mo each for Africa and South America

Is there a yearly price on this?

• @wojons said:
    Is there a yearly price on this?

Yes. There will even be a LEB offer soon with a discount, I think in a week or so.

• @mpkossen said:

Okay perfect, thata re still some more locations but excited to see lowendbox yearly.

• Japan Tokyo - http://lowendspirit.com

Nat IPv4 probably not dedicated IP
    IPv6 is a definite yes

• @mpkossen Would love some LEB yearly deals!

• Sorry for a bit off-topic but I don't quite understand why people needs to server their own DNS, like I think that is quite a bit of infrastructure to manage and probably doesn't make sense unless you have like thousands of website under your own name.

I have to confess I tried to do it for my own sites at some point but gave up eventually due to the trouble I need to maintain that whole infrastructure.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2014

zhuanyi said: I have to confess I tried to do it for my own sites at some point but gave up eventually due to the trouble I need to maintain that whole infrastructure.

What's there to maintain? What "whole infrastructure", three LEBs with nsd3 installed?

Also if it was such a chore for you, perhaps you didn't automate it enough. E.g. for me to update or add a DNS record, it's edit one file and run one script. That's it, everything else is done automatically. No need to login to some bullshit website and peck in records into a web form. Also if I need some sort of mass-update on my records, it's easy to do with "Search & replace" in any text editor. Try that with some third-party's half-assed web interface for record editing.

Thanked by 2aglodek zhuanyi
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@mpkossen tell us more :D

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited September 2014

@zhuanyi said:
    Sorry for a bit off-topic but I don't quite understand why people needs to server their own DNS,

Bypassing Netflix's geo location crap is one good reason.