Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flat or Fat?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Flat or Fat?

When it comes to design, are you into flat designs or not?

Our new designer (for our new project :o) went flat. And while I like it, I feel like it's a bit lackluster. It's a fantastic design, but I feel like flat is just... falling flat after it's initial splash.

How you like them websites?
  1. How you like them websites?51 votes
    1. Them websites better be flat.
      80.39%
    2. Oh, I love them fat! Mhmm.
      19.61%

Comments

• Flat design sux :)

• Got an example of what you mean by flat?

Similar to this?

If so, I like it.

• I think boltvm.com is a flat design, I like it.

• Flat seems to be the go to, which I like.

• peeyes said: I think boltvm.com is a flat design, I like it.

It is a template from themeforest :)

• peeyespeeyes Member
    edited September 2014

@serverboss said:

yup..whatever.., I said it is a flat design :) (It might have mentioned in themeforest also for this design)

overall I like Flat UIs, especially minimalist styles.. very cool to eye, more over we are ready to spend our 2 minutes to read website content if it is very minimal and to the point.

Thanked by 1serverboss
  • flat for informative sites, forums, news etc but fat for portfolios, creative corporation's website so I vote for flat

• serverbossserverboss Member
    edited September 2014

Me too. I liked boltvm.com too, they didn't over edited the template. Many peoples try to edit a nice template and make it bad.

• @serverboss said:
    Me too. I liked boltvm.com too, they didn't over edited the template. Many peoples try to edit a nice template and make it bad.

We've even left some lorem ipsum, because we believe in leaving things as is... or something. :P

Thanked by 2serverboss TriDoxiuM
  • I think flat or fat is just something for the next few years. If designers did not put radical design concepts and call them new then there would be no reason to hire them. Companies move to flat so they seem hip and cool. Like at artwork and design from the 20-50 most should have features from flat 70-2000 made fat

• peeyespeeyes Member
    edited September 2014

between I like vintage style too... and drserver.net chalk board style which is also one of the recent trends I guess..

Thanked by 1drserver
  • I like flat designs a lot. The problem with flat design is that it has to have a personal touch, preferably custom work and love (!) in details, or it might just look very, very cheap and boring.

Sadly most of the flat designs I've seen look cheap and boring.

• You know I thought we were talking about women here... :(

Thanked by 1TriDoxiuM
  • @0xdragon said:
    You know I thought we were talking about women here... :(

:D ha ha ha ha ... Cant stop laughing.. You know, if you put this line in the other thread you could win a KVM VPS!!!

• When I saw this thread title on the index I legitimately thought you were asking the community if we preferred flat girls or fat girls. Then I clicked the thread and I was extremely disappointed.

• I like fat.

• The web changes so often one year it'll be fat with dropshadows another it'll be flat metro type pages..

It really depends on what's trending, bwi g a web programmer I prefer flat but that's because it's trending...