Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheers to RamNode & Nick A - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheers to RamNode & Nick A

13»

Comments

• @jvnadr said:
    Yes, if you believe that even bad publicity is profit publicity... With the reputation that Jon created here in LET, every thread like this is mathematically converted to criticism thread to them and, IMHO, this thread does not helping his relationship (provider's - client's, i don't mean anything else) with Nick...

Personally it wouldnt be the publicity I want, but Jon has proven that these threads keep bringing him money by the way he acts and the fact GVH are still around.

• No @joodle, it's a sales ticket submitted in the wrong department. We've still been having SolusVM access issues which we're still working out so I would appreciate if you would bear with us. I thank you for your order and appreciate your business, and don't mean to be rude at all, I would just wish for you to be a little bit patient in this difficult time.

• @wych said:
    Personally it wouldnt be the publicity I want, but Jon has proven that these threads keep bringing him money by the way he acts and the fact GVH are still around.

Yes, definitely, actually these threads don't really affect us that much at all, nor does the hate club ..

We have had clients sign up with us that I never thought would sign up, like @0xdragon, and we've turned them into happy clients. The reason why we're doing free trials and free introductory credits (if you've PMed me and haven't received a response yet, I will respond to you today) is to get people in the door and they'd realize that we're actually quite decent and they almost always come back for another VM or service.

So really, the GVH hate club, the secondary forums, sites, whatever, unless they're active clients with active services .. I don't care.

• @jnguyen Why do you maintain 2 logins for yourself on your WHMCS panel?

Are both of these actually yourself?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Nick_A said: Cooperate? He bought a VPS from us with DDoS filtering like anyone else would. We do the same sort of filter tweaking for anyone who has a Staminus IP with us as needed.

Pretty sure he and most of the people who responded to him were trolling

• I changed my name from "Jon" to "Jonny" and removed the executive title because I feel that a more friendly and personal relationship with clients would be more worthwhile. I don't need a management title, and I don't need to be all formal where it's not required. I want to be myself.

My friends, staff, family, providers, etc, all call me by my nickname Jonny.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Why does anybody here gets angry because he gets free publicity with a thread, and enter to that thread and participate?!

Gosssshhh

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • @jnguyen Sure, as long as they're both yourself.

jnguyen said: Yes, definitely, actually these threads don't really affect us that much at all, nor does the hate club ..

We have had clients sign up with us that I never thought would sign up, like @0xdragon, and we've turned them into happy clients. The reason why we're doing free trials and free introductory credits (if you've PMed me and haven't received a response yet, I will respond to you today) is to get people in the door and they'd realize that we're actually quite decent and they almost always come back for another VM or service.

So really, the GVH hate club, the secondary forums, sites, whatever, unless they're active clients with active services .. I don't care.

Second this. I signed up after the last GVH thread here and am impressed with the service. I'm using it for cold storage and it's mirrored to my backup dedi so 250GB for ~$5 isn't bad.

• You're all shilling the shill game.

This is publicity, therefore profit.

There is no such thing as bad publicity.

• alexhalexh Member
    edited September 2014

I'm not entirely sure how this so rapidly degraded from RamNode praise into GVH bashing, but it seems to me like Jon is improving greatly. Moving services to another provider to mitigate attacks was the right thing to do in this situation. I was unkind to him at first, but now I realize that everybody must learn. At least he's trying to learn, grow, and make happy customers. It seems to me that the issues people have with Jon are strictly personal, and issues with his business can often be attributed to those "behind the scenes" seemingly at HVH. I'm not making excuses, but it's clear that Jon invests time into what he does, and that alone is enough to tell me that he cares.

One should also consider how many hosts walk away and leave clients in the dark. It takes a lot of courage, responsibility, and ultimately patience to run a web hosting business. Maintaining these traits and avoiding the typical LEH end-game of walking away seems very tough for me, and if I were in his position, I really don't think I could do it. On a personal level, I know many would be unable to handle that responsibility.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @alexh i know he seems like he is and hes got that sad puppy face on. but you might end up eating your words sooner than you think..

• wychwych Member
    edited September 2014

@alexh that is one hell of a change of opinion.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I love you ALL, dont wast your time with discuss about GVH its so pointless, go and do something other productive.

• @Infinity580 said:
    I love you ALL, dont wast your time with discuss about GVH its so pointless, go and do something other productive.

I love you too ;)

• alexhalexh Member
    edited September 2014

Infinity580 said: I love you ALL, dont wast your time with discuss about GVH its so pointless, go and do something other productive.

I love your posts, always so positive/funny.

akz said: @alexh i know he seems like he is and hes got that sad puppy face on. but you might end up eating your words sooner than you think..

I understand where you're coming from. I personally disagree, but would like to point out that in this thread, it started off as Jon doing two positive things:

• Providing a positive review about another host.
    • Transparency in his corporate proceedings.

To make change, one must start somewhere. These seem like good changes to me.

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

@mpkossen Time to apply proactive management into this.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Nick A is a top guy! Always doing 110% for his clients

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @jnguyen said:
    Thank you for the source of free advertising davidhezzler
    Hopefully it's been made clear now that I don't care what the hate club thinks or says.

mpkossen please close this thread

If you consider it free advertising, why not give me the $50 credit you promised? Why did you contact godaddy to get domain blocked?

• @davidhezzler said:
    If you consider it free advertising, why not give me the $50 credit you promised? Why did you contact godaddy to get domain blocked?

I would have contacted GoDaddy to get the domain blocked, it's clearly a hate site.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • After reading all the hate he gets, I wanted to try out his $50 offer but have got no reply yet. Hopefully he will soon if what he said in this thread applies to me.

• @GoodHosting said:
    I would have contacted GoDaddy to get the domain blocked, it's clearly a hate site.

I thought all the hate was generating clients and income?

Thanked by 1davidhezzler
  • He could also give me that iPad mini he promised.

Then again, his word is nothing at this point... so I guess I still win.

Thanked by 3netomx Brad ATHK
  • As requested... /closed

This discussion has been closed.