Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Florida
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Florida

goobertgoobert Member
edited June 2012 in Offers

In a time window of 3 months or less I expect my website traffic to grow to were I will be needing a vps with more bandwidth.

I'm vps looking for providers mostly with offers located in Florida because this is where the majority of my traffic originates and the quicker ms in the ping the better.

I have tried semoweb but the network would cut out every so often and I need uptime to be top notch. Meaning no more than 5 minutes a week in downtime.

I currently have two vps servers at JollyWorks Florida location which actually use the Volume Drive data center in Florida somewhere. They are great and cheap and always and everything but only 500 gigabytes of monthly transfer each and will not according to them if I go over I'm at the expensive per gigabyte rate.

I was considering possibly one of the volume drive vps servers at the same data center since they have some high data transfer vpses or possibly fastvps.co. My only concern is that I dont see to many positive feedback ratings about either company on here just only negative stuff on lowendtalk and webhostingtalk.

Oh and I don't need much cpu or ram either just an fyi. Just good solid network and lots of bandwidth in Florida.

Thanks

Comments

• SecureDragon. You're welcome.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2012

If you're looking for north Florida then VolumeDrive or QuickWeb would work (or anything else in GoRACK).
    If you want south Florida then BurstNET is in Miami.
    If you want mid Florida, we're located in Tampa (E Solutions) along with FLVPS (HiVelocity) and LoveVPS is in Orlando (HostDime).

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2012

VolumeDrive is excellent for resource allotment, actually not bad with uptime. Absolutely terrible with disk I/O. Every experience with them is a roll of the dice. Could be incredible, could be the worst decision you ever made.

• Yea I need higher bandwidth plan the 500 gigabytes does seem to cut the mustard so to speak :). Was thinking about VolumeDrive $5 for one month wont hurt my pocket book.

KuJoe I cant seem to find any vps hosting offers for E Solutions on your website or low end talk?

• KuJoe you coundn't modify this offer http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/secure-dragon-14year-96mb-openvz-vps-in-jacksonville/ to include a couple terabytes of bandwidth could you?

• KairusKairus Member
    edited June 2012

@goobert said: to include a couple terabytes of bandwidth could you?

$14/yr for a few terabytes? How much bandwidth are you currently using?

Hm, I would be interested in seeing someone use a few terabytes per month on a 96mb VPS while not using a completely static page.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2012

VPN perhaps? Torrenting like a mad man? ;)

• http://orl.frontrangehosting.com/test10m.dat ping away if you want to test uptime, I have not noticed any despite being in the same datacenter as semoweb.

edited June 2012

@goobert said: KuJoe you coundn't modify this offer http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/secure-dragon-14year-96mb-openvz-vps-in-jacksonville/ to include a couple terabytes of bandwidth could you?

A couple terabytes? We can offer you an additional 1TB for $4/month but you'll find that bandwidth in Florida is pretty expensive. Also, we don't have any promotions at this time and don't plan on offering any $14/year promotions in the foreseeable future.

• It sounds to me like I'm just a little ahead of the game too much in bandwidth request. Even though where I live they plan to start offering 100mbps down soon ;). Anyways thanks too all that replied and will reply in the future.

edited June 2012

To give you an idea of bandwidth prices, here's a listing of how much 100Mbps will cost (per month) at the following DCs:
    BurstNET (Miami) - $200
    HostDime (Orlando) - $1000
    HiVelocity (Tampa) - $999
    GoRACK (Jacksonville) - $100 for the first 100Mbps, price per Mbps increases after 100Mbps.

I left out E Solutions because the price I am paying is not the normal rate and thus would be an unfair comparison.

• vanarpvanarp Member

@KuJoe said: BurstNET (Miami) - $200

Why so much difference in price? Is there something like Managed Bandwidth and Unmanaged Bandwidth?

• TaylorTaylor Member

@vanarp said: Why so much difference in price? Is there something like Managed Bandwidth and Unmanaged Bandwidth?

>

Pure Cogent i am guessing :P

• How about Netrouting ? YISP is also in there dc.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@KuJoe said: BurstNET (Miami) - $200

HiVelocity (Tampa) - $999

So why is Burst.net so much cheaper?

Is this the "premium bandwidth" vs. "bulk bandwidth" classifications? I've never shopped for bandwidth in the datacenter market so I am probably misusing those terms.

• I don't know why, but despite living only a couple of hours away from HostDime's Orlando DC I get really mediocre speeds from them.

• @raindog308 said: Is this the "premium bandwidth" vs. "bulk bandwidth" classifications? I've never shopped for bandwidth in the datacenter market so I am probably misusing those terms.

Yes, exactly this.

edited June 2012

I just noticed that BurstNET does not offer Colocation in Miami so the $200 for 100Mbps unmetered is not for Miami. Sorry for the confusion.