Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Compute Engine Pricing - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google Compute Engine Pricing

2»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@eastonch said: What use of "SuperComputers" do we have?

Test nuclear weapons without having to set them off.

• I understand that, I meant, what do WE, as in, me, you, LEA have for a Super Computer? :]

• yomeroyomero Member

@eastonch said: or F@H.

If this isn't important for you, then humanity is lost...

• @yomero said: If this isn't important for you, then humanity is lost...

Humanity is lost anyway.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox

@eastonch said: I understand that, I meant, what do WE, as in, me, you, LEA have for a Super Computer? :]

Testing my nuclear weapons without having to set them off.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@jarland said: I think they love to put their worst foot forward, show up late to every party and jump in the pool yelling "Look what I can do!" which is usually what everyone else has been doing for the last 4 hours so it impresses no one but their friends. Apple on the other hand keeps releasing new things that people think are stupid, then selling the living crap out of them.

• SurgeSurge Member

@raindog308 said: Google and Microsoft both bet on Platform as a Service. There is a lot of merit to the idea, but it turns out people don't want it.

Actually people really loved GAE until it turned out that Google fucked up the implementation and needed to charge many times more for the service -- they acted as if they figured out how to heavily oversell the servers w/o the negative consequences, but turns out they didn't. Also their developers relations is shit, so they wasted a ton of goodwill. Anyway, a lot of people and companies do want "PaaS", it's just few providers got it right so far.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@joepie91 I see two losers and one winner, if I read the captions as fact. Anything else is spin ;)