Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horrible, horrible service. 123systems.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Horrible, horrible service. 123systems.

I'm sure this has been repeated here a million times, but I thought I'd share my experience with 123systems.net. I bought one of their $15/yr openvz 512mb vps, I think it was a LEB offer. From the day I bought it, it had issues. I never give bad reviews, and I try not to complain especially when using budget hosting. The node I was placed on is completely overloaded, logging in via ssh is hilarious, as you can barely perform five keystrokes before it locked up for 5-10 minutes at a time. I described the entire problem in the support tickets, and i'm posting the link to both tickets below, which I hope is alright.

http://pastebin.com/ruGKGqJ0

Thanked by 1keepomania

Comments

• Sounds like another cloudatcost crap.

• I herd u liek pastebins so I put ur pastebins inside ur pastebins

Thanked by 3syn vedran NanoG6
  • @hostnoob said:
    I herd u liek pastebins so I put ur pastebins inside ur pastebins

Pastebin inception?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • screenshots, what is this text shit.

• @zed said:
    screenshots, what is this text shit.

reading is good for the soul.

• Experiencing the same @syn , would say a big "NO" is anyone is thinking of them also.

• @syn said:
    reading is good for the soul.

I suppose if you consider that they would have to read the screenshots...

• ismailfazalismailfazal Member
    edited September 2014

Got my VPS up & it looks like dream for me

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz

Number of cores : 3

CPU frequency : 3399.997 MHz

Total amount of ram : 2575 MB

Total amount of swap : 2521 MB

System uptime : 4:20,

I/O speed : 226 MB/s

• syn said: reading is good for the soul.

ya, cuz having to read was the issue. you're silly.

• t-then whats the issue? credibility? its not as pretty?
    it was easier to edit my ip out of this. sry.

@zed said:
    ya, cuz having to read was the issue. you're silly.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited September 2014

@syn said:
    t-then whats the issue? credibility? its not as pretty?

you joined LET yesterday and your first thread/post is a review, there's no value in it unless you post the proper proof to back it up.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • wychwych Member
    edited September 2014

@ismailfazal horrible upload speed though.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

said: I bought one of their $15/yr openvz 512mb vps

Why?

I mean seriously.... why?

• lool, i used it to run znc for some friends, and a supybot.

@AnthonySmith said:
    I mean seriously.... why?

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Syn,

Please provide a ticket number or PM me your IP so I can take a look at your account. It is hard for me to help you or for your problem to be taken seriously without any proof.

Thanks

Chris

• @CVPS_Chris from two days my server is going offline again & again, i had pm my ticket id to you, this time its more than 7 hours my server is still down. Please took into message box i have sent details to you.

• I actually think 123System is just trolling me now on purpose, how hard can it be to just give me a new VPS? I already said they can nuke the data on my old one.

Remember: it's been down since the 25th August.

So I contacted them 'after 3 - 4 days', and of course theres still no sign of it working, but yet they continue with the 'It'll be fixed soon' stuff I assume just to close the ticket and go back to playing solitaire, it's pretty clear they're not actually working on some issue.

Are they just purposely trolling me?

• samblingsambling Member
    edited September 2014

Reetus said: Are they just purposely trolling me?

Yes.

What you should definitely do is demand an extension on your service for the downtime at the very least.

I hope my box is working properly because it won't be idling for much longer.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

The deal was really cheap and I also had similar challenges. My vps was offline right after I bought it. They eventually recrested it for me. Im still waiting on a freepbx iso and its been over a week. I got what I paid for..

• Oh, good old Chris services! 123Systems gives the world's worst services! Only provides a lot of problems!

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    Syn,

Please provide a ticket number or PM me your IP so I can take a look at your account. It is hard for me to help you or for your problem to be taken seriously without any proof.

Thanks

Chris

Pretty sure you said in the other thread that you sold the company off..

• maybe i'm just lucky but my box been up since Aug 28. lol
    and the other one since migrated also has no downtime (yet) - downside is data has been lost week(s) after transfer.

• I saw an email from 123Systems today on my phone and thought they actually emailed me to say they're fixing my VPS, no such luck, just the auto-close ticket email.

10 more days till it's a months downtime.

• I've only had 100% uptime since getting my box. I wondering if not all of these issues are legit...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Silvenga Its like OVH/Kimsufi, when you have no HDD failure your World is perfect, until it happens. Or in this case you can be just unlucky and you get hit by it, you can't say mine works, that isn't legit. We have enought Drama Thread about 123Systems/ChicagoVPS to say its legit. But Hopefully it wont happen to you.

• @Infinity580 said:
    But Hopefully it will happen to you because you assume that everyone else's service is exactly like yours. Don't assume anything.

Fixed.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Infinity580 said: you can't say mine works, that isn't legit

I total understand there's an issue with 123Systems. I just hope everyone takes the bad (and good) "reviews" with a grain of salt. They aren't all bad, but there's a lot of people who like chaos, or that have a grudge.

I don't have confidence to use this container for anything like production at this time. Only time will tell if they can turn it around.

• spamrodentspamrodent Member
    edited September 2014

123systems is a mayhem. Bought 2 with them, one is stable, the other simply a very-frequently-disconnected node. Support simply doesn't has the knowledge to dive into the issue after 5 months for the bad node - they don't even move mine to a stable node! As a last attempt, I received support saying my bad node was 'spamming'.

Now tech-heads, how can the bad VPS node be spamming if I can even use it since purchase 5 months ago?

I would advise - TURN AWAY FROM 123SYSTEMS AT ALL COST, even $0! They are just wasting our time.

PS. full communications available for those interested to dive into the stupid, even more stupid responses from 123systems here - http://pastebin.com/MHVMFzqL