Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Never had so much trouble moving a nameserver
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Never had so much trouble moving a nameserver

FRCoreyFRCorey Member
edited June 2012 in General

Moving nameservers around and for some reason even though I have deleted the old IP out of the system along with any mention of the nameserver itself plus the new nameserver ip's other than the glue for the new nameserver for some reason my SOA nameserver is still serving the damn thing even though it's not in the named databases.

Any ideas folks, a reboot has not fixed this.

Comments

• nevermind I found a ns3.frontrangehosting.com.db file now I know why it's still serving it up.

• not sure why a zone file was created for individual name servers...

• TazTaz Member

Are you using cpanel? If so, you can disable zone info creation.

• I figured it out. For some reason my cpanel dns cluster which grew over the first year from 2-4 dns servers not only created 3 out of 4 glue records, but also somehow got 2 & 4's ip's mixed up. Until I got that fixed 3 was not resolving correctly in the first place and 2 & 4 was tossing up errors about each other's ip's.

Got it all sorted and now it all passes muster from a few DNS test sites. Also figured out how to get my v6 glues setup and working correctly now. So 3 out of 4 DNS servers are now fully IPv6 capable. :)