Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hiring - Mid-Level PHP Developer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hiring - Mid-Level PHP Developer

edited June 2012 in General

KnightSwarm, Hb currently has an opening for a Mid-level PHP Developer on a Temp-to-Hire basis. Please email or pm me with your resume/CV, as well as desired compensation (either hourly or monthly).

Required Skills:

• PHP5 OOP
  • HTML5
  • CSS

Bonus points for:

• Strong jQuery
  • Symphony CMS (Not Symfony framework)
  • yii Framework
  • Smarty
  • libvirt
  • Cisco/Brocade

Note: This is a 100% remote position. Communication is via BaseCamp, XMPP (Jabber), and email.
Note: NDA is mandatory
Note: EU Residents must possess their own VAT ID
Note: Swedish Residents must possess an F-Tax certificate
Note: US Residents must complete a W9

We look forward to hearing from you, and will respond to all applicants.

Comments

• DamianDamian Member

What's the required work load? What's the price range you're willing to pay?

• I ask the same question as Damian.

Also, does UK residents count under EU residents?

• @Damian said: What's the required work load? What's the price range you're willing to pay?

Anywhere from 10 hours weekly to 60 hours weekly, we have plenty that needs to be completed. Compensation based upon qualifications/experience.

• @MrLadoodle said: Also, does UK residents count under EU residents?

If you have an annual income of 70,000 GBP or higher, yes.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited June 2012

@KnightSwarm_Phillip said: If you have an annual income of 70,000 GBP or higher, yes.

I was just asking if you accept UK residents, since the UK is half in Europe.

I'm rather interested actually. I don't have a huge portfolio though.

• @MrLadoodle said: I was just asking if you accept UK residents, since the UK is half in Europe.

Yes, UK residents are fine. If they have an annual income of 70,000 GBP or higher, a VAT ID is required.

• @MrLadoodle said: Also, does UK residents count under EU residents?

Why wouldn't it? The UK is in the EU therefor every UK resident is an EU resident.

Good luck with your search Phillip

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited June 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: Why wouldn't it? The UK is in the EU therefor every UK resident is an EU resident.

Because the UK isn't part of the EURO, nor the Schengen treaty, nor many other things. The UK is part of Europe geographically, but thats it IMO.

Philip, i'll have a think and may be sending an email your way soon.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @MrLadoodle said: Because the UK isn't part of the EURO, nor the Schengen treaty, nor many other things.

That doesn't change that its part of the EU and therefor every UK resident is an EU resident. Anyway we should stop derailing @KnightSwarm_Phillip 's thread.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • @gsrdgrdghd said: Anyway we should stop derailing @KnightSwarm_Phillip 's thread.

It wouldn't be LET if it wasn't immediately derailed :)

• Just a FYI -- If you're going to work "freelance" for this guy, and not properly hired, in the UK, You'll need to be Self-Employed and complete Self-Assesments / pay NIC class 2(depending on wage etc..).

Good luck :']!

• @eastonch said: Just a FYI -- If you're going to work "freelance" for this guy, and not properly hired, in the UK, You'll need to be Self-Employed and complete Self-Assesments / pay NIC class 2(depending on wage etc..).

Good luck :']!

Hence the VAT ID, F-Tax, etc requirements outlined in my first post. Thank you for clarifying better than I did, though :)

• No problem, I do however, know that if the person is earning above I think it's 56K? They have to apply for VAT. -- Anything that's self-employed is tax-free but has to b declared under 8.1K? After that, you're taxed at the end of the year for so much after that number.

• @eastonch said: No problem, I do however, know that if the person is earning above I think it's 56K? They have to apply for VAT. -- Anything that's self-employed is tax-free but has to b declared under 8.1K? After that, you're taxed at the end of the year for so much after that number.

I think its 70k now right?

One of the tory schemes to hide all the horrible stuff happening.

• @MrLadoodle -- You have to pay tax on anything above 8.1K I think? -- it's some cap.

But you MUST be self employed for any self-employed work, and be paying your NIC's otherwise they'll come and whip your ass.
    70K+ is VAT possibly? Not sure. Its been changed I believe.