Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for a vps (torrent allowed, EU located, DMCA's rejected) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for a vps (torrent allowed, EU located, DMCA's rejected)

2»

Comments

• @Mark_R said:
    Yeah, thanks for the common sense.

Hey, most people don't know to do these common sense things, it's why we have to terminate a lot of our "Clients" that "share information" such as this, because they're retarded and don't know how to check that magic "Encrypted" button in their settings for uTorrent.

• @texteditor said:
    stay off of tpb/kat/demonoid, you goon

My apologies, I find it very hard to take this line of text seriously.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2014

GoodHosting said: we have to terminate a lot of our Clients

GoodHosting said: because they're retarded

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited September 2014

Good gif, :).

• GoodHosting said: Turn off DHT

DHT/Pex could be safer than using a tracker. With trackers, anyone can retrieve the full (ish) list of peers for a certain torrent hash by just pinging the server. With DHT, there is no central location to scrape IP's from. The attacker must enter the swarm to retrieve any information.

GoodHosting said: Enable Encryption

Most trackers don't support encryption because UDP is required to handle the millions of peers. There can't be a handshake for UDP trackers, only the resource intensive HTTP over TCP ones.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited September 2014

Iniz allow private torrents

2048MB RAM / 1024MB vSwap 200GB RAID10 Disk Space 3TB Bandwidth

£12/mo

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited September 2014

@Mark_R

Well, I use my online.net 1.99 euro for torrent :p

Too bad, the offer is over now. But, online.net lowest plan (SC Gen 2) 9.99 euro is still much cheaper than your current plan. Or maybe a kimsufi box?

Yeah I know it's not a VPS and the availability is, well...yeah I believe you know the answer haha but it's cheaper. And I don't know anything about DMCA, I don't really care to be honest, I live in a third world country :p

• @sirmbhe said:
    Mark_R

Well, I use my online.net 1.99 euro for torrent :p

Too bad, the offer is over now. But, online.net lowest plan (SC Gen 2) 9.99 euro is still much cheaper than your current plan. Or maybe a kimsufi box?

Yeah I know it's not a VPS and the availability is, well...yeah I believe you know the answer haha but it's cheaper. And I don't know anything about DMCA, I don't really care to be honest, I live in a third world country :p

He doesn't like French people :P

Thanked by 3Mark_R sirmbhe diszk
  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Hello Mark,

We offer VPSs from Ecatel's DC, although they are more premium as the nodes are shared between lesser amount of people - I still would like to make a deal for you if you are interested in an openvz platform.

:-)

• Yeah, online.net's boxes are great for torrenting. All the abuse emails go right to you, and a simple "yeah that wasn't me bro" fixes everything. ;)

(I'm joking, I don't actually torrent. Although, Online.net does let you set an abuse email.)

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited September 2014

@rsk said:
    Hello Mark,

We offer VPSs from Ecatel's DC, although they are more premium as the nodes are shared between lesser amount of people - I still would like to make a deal for you if you are interested in an openvz platform.

I've read your legal terms at MyRSK and they are indicating the exact opposite of what im looking for. This really makes me wonder if you did read the thread before replying on it.

Thanks for your offer anyways.

• @0xdragon said:
    Yeah, online.net's boxes are great for torrenting. All the abuse emails go right to you, and a simple "yeah that wasn't me bro" fixes everything. ;)

(I'm joking, I don't actually torrent. Although, Online.net does let you set an abuse email.)

[email protected]

• @Mark_R said:

Gotta protect those Linux isos bro

• @Mark_R said:

Why should that matter when you'll be using it to seed Linux ISOs

wink wink, nudge nudge ;)

• @Mark_R said:

[email protected]

Most E-Mail regex (shitty web developers) won't accept IPs as a valid domain :).

• @GoodHosting said:
    Most E-Mail regex (shitty web developers) won't accept IPs as a valid domain :).

That really depends - i've successfully entered 127.0.0.1 as email domain in my MX records, I wouldn't be surprised if it would work on other places aswel. It should work too because some domains use sub records to link towards different IP adresses, example: [email protected] - ofcourse like you mentioned some developers will place certain restrictions in the amount of dots etc.

• @Mark_R said:

I'm simply talking about the HTML input field (form) on their website might be validated with some shifty/shitty REGEX, as was the olden way to validate "E-Mail alike" and "URL alike" input in PHP back in the day.

• @GoodHosting said:
    I'm simply talking about the HTML input field (form) on their website might be validated with some shifty/shitty REGEX

And im simply stating that this is not everywhere the case. its not like I'm going to give online.net a shot to just confirm if it works over there anyways.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

texteditor said: stay off of tpb/kat/demonoid, you goon

I've never had a complaint for any torrent I've downloaded from KAT/TPB to my Kimsufi. It's been running/seeding for several years. If they took DMCAs seriously they would have spoken up long before now.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited September 2014

I guess i'm going to contact my reseller who acts as a middle-man, if shit hits the van he'll be the provider's point of contact + he doesn't ask for my irl details, he takes care of all the fake details himself. In the end it still will be more affordable than renting an ecatel dedi and saves me time looking for the right provider and worrying about my own legal safety.

Thanks for the help anyways.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Mark_R said: I've read your legal terms at MyRSK and they are indicating the exact opposite of what im looking for. This really makes me wonder if you did read the thread before replying on it.

I've read the thread, but if you were fine with what you did at Ecatel - and no issues should arise .. I do not see a problem.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited September 2014

Go with online.net, they forward abuse reports to a section in your billing panel where you can reply that you stopped seeding or whatever. Can't go wrong for 9/19 euros a month!

My xc gets 100MB/s down and 50MB/s up :)

• i've found what I was been looking for, this thread can be closed.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited September 2014

@Mark_R said:
    i've found what I was been looking for, this thread can be closed.

Why not share what you found? Unless I missed it.

Edit: I think I just saw you said something about online.net though maybe you went with something else.

• @Setsura said:
    Why not share what you found? Unless I missed it.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/721267/#Comment_721267

• I have a few things there, they are alright. But they have the usual French provider issues. I'm fortunate that I speak French, because some of my friends who don't have complained about their support being rather unhelp for English users. Naturally your experience may vary.

• @Setsura said:
    I have a few things there, they are alright. But they have the usual French provider issues. I'm fortunate that I speak French, because some of my friends who don't have complained about their support being rather unhelp for English users. Naturally your experience may vary.

all french people i've met so far were gigantic ignorant fucks (no offense.)

• @Mark_R said:
    all french people i've met so far were gigantic ignorant fucks (no offense.)

Oh believe me I know. I'm not French so I totally get it. I only know French because I picked French instead of Spanish for high school language class. I'm not sure what it is, but French people seem to really dislike, or at least be not very helpful for, people who don't speak French.

• Closed at OP's request.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
This discussion has been closed.