Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help recalling CVPS offer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help recalling CVPS offer

there was a promo code a few weeks ago by cvps for something like 70% off i cant remember. Could someone share the code as I am having hard time searching for it. Thank you

Comments

• EBWELCOME

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Thank you. It says expired. I was too late I guess. I wish I could get a very cheap box for experiments :)

• edanedan Member
    edited September 2014

Is this VPS? https://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=279 but I got LA node:

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  3400.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 2048 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime :   67 days, 13:35,

But don't know if its stable as this. Snap the VPS on LEB a few months ago.

• Thanks @serverian this is the price range i'm looking for

Thanks @edan this is too expensive for me. just looking for less than 10 bucks a year with 512mb ram. just for once in a blue moon experiments.

• jebberjebber Member
    edited September 2014

I recommend xvmlabs, they are very cheap but incredibly reliable (my personal experience).

However, because you say you want a VPS just for "once in a blue moon experiments" you could also consider a free option.

At koding.com you get a fast and free with full root access VPS, with 2GB of RAM.
    The intended purpose is for education, and experimental development. The server shuts down after ~15 minutes of inactivity - so you could not host a production site there.

Free powerful VPS for code testing:
    https://koding.com/R/jessecfisher

Full disclosure, that is obviously an affiliate link,
    We each get an extra 250mb of HDD space if you sign up with that link :)

The koding.com service is still a bit experimental, and in the long term you are likely to experience down times or other bugs. Mostly I use either my local machine or paid VPS, but I do occasionally use koding when I want to try out something in a fresh environment, or if I feel like finding a new way to break Linux :)

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Thank you so much all for the help and suggestions. I signed up with xvmlabs. Seems pretty good. I will close the thread noq.

This discussion has been closed.