Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

123Systems/ChicagoVPS Wants To Profit Off A Horrible Situation - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

123Systems/ChicagoVPS Wants To Profit Off A Horrible Situation

2»

Comments

• @CVPS_Chris

If you have some spare time could you reply to my PM?

• (Yeah, I know, bumping an old thread...)

Just wanted to say that 123Systems/CVPS just provisioned my KVM I bought on Sep 3rd using their "LABOR" coupon.

I was assuming at least a week before I got it. They finished provisioning it in 5 days.

Yes, it did take a ticket with ten back-and-forth conversations (once because it was auto-closed). But, I did get it.

I wasn't yelling and screaming on any forums. I wasn't pestering them by bumping my ticket every hour. I just asked for an expected delivery date; clarified my order (CREATE my new KVM not RE-CREATE one of my other KVMs...); re-opened my ticket when it was auto-closed; and waited patiently.

Now, I have 3 VPS under the 123Systems label (1 Xen and 2 KVMs). The two 50GB KVM's give me 100GB of storage for less then $25/year! That's 1GB RAM w/ 2TB BW KVMs, not shared kernel OVZs! They even updated my billing date to reflect the delayed delivery date.

I'm not a fanboy of 123Systems/CVPS. But, I can tell you they are not as bad as presented here or on other forums. You just have to state clearly in your interactions with them what EXACTLY is expected and be patient.

And, no, neither @CVPS_Chris, nor 123Systems, nor ChicagoVPS paid me for this post.

See ya...

d.c.

• @CVPS_Chris ignored me since a week ago. No response yet by PM nor support ticket.

• Well, it took me 5 days before I was provisioned. Last time it took me one month (just like you).

Are you still having problems getting into your Solusvm Control panel? Is the email address you have with them blocking mail from CVPS?

• @imchandave said:
    (Yeah, I know, bumping an old thread...)
    I was assuming at least a week before I got it. They finished provisioning it in 5 days.
    Yes, it did take a ticket with ten back-and-forth conversations (once because it was auto-closed). But, I did get it.
    You just have to state clearly in your interactions with them what EXACTLY is expected and be patient.

Why can't all clients be like you :) So much impatience and quick to anger around here.

• I'm glad Chris gets more free advertising by people bringing up these threads.

• Well while you were wasting your time trying to get 100GB of HDD for $25/yr, I got 250GB HDD for $15/yr provisioned in 30 minutes from another provider.

Hilarious that people think it's okay to wait a month for a server.

• @xdragon 250GB KVM, 1GB Ram, 2TB BW, been selling VPS for at least 2yrs and in the west coast of the US for $15/yr recurring?

I want some of that! Which provider and what's the product link?

• @imchandave said:

xdragon 250GB KVM, 1GB Ram, 2TB BW, been selling VPS for at least 2yrs and in the west coast of the US for $15/yr recurring?

I want some of that! Which provider and what's the product link?

It was a special (now gone) from DrServer, he's been in business for a while :)

It's 250GB XEN, 512mb RAM, 500GB BW and 1 IPv4 (the one I got is xxx.xx.xx.x, nice and short) :)

Thanked by 1drserver
  • AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited September 2014

pmsl be calm and wait one fucking month, are you serious? this isn't a dedicated server. If Chris wasn't such an incompetent idiot he'd attract the right clientele and his boxes would be secure enough that you'd be able to have your VPS auto provisioned.

Seriously, if you think you've just received good service you'd probably die of joy using a proper provider.

• 0xdragon said: xxx.xx.xx.x

I got xx.xx.xx.xx from on providor, lol.

• @GoodHosting said:
    I'm glad Chris gets more free advertising by people bringing up these threads.

You honestly believe that this is going to increase revenue for them? anyone with some kind of common sense will avoid them, if you go with them anyways despite all the negative feedback then you'll deserve to get fucked.

• @xdragon I've heard of Dr.Server's 1GB RAM, 1TB BW, & 250GB Storage for $7/month. I heard of him matching Ramnode's $15/yr offer. But, haven't here of an offer from Dr.Server for 250GB for $15/yr. You are very lucky to grab that up.

Thanked by 1drserver
  • @Mark_R said:
    anyone with some kind of common sense will avoid them

Most people are lacking in that department.

• @AThomasHowe I don't believe I've received good service WHEN COMPARED TO GOOD SERVICE PROVIDERS LIKE Online.net, Ramnode, and Crissic.

I know what good service is. I know that 123Systems/CVPS is not on par with any of the above mentioned three (or InceptionHosting or VMBOX or Kihi). I know that getting tickets resolved by them is a pain.

However, when my KVM/Xen/OVZ is up, it is up and running for loong periods (knock on wood).

• alexhalexh Member
    edited September 2014

Why do you comment on things you have no business being in anyway? Havent you learned that other providers bashing other providers is usually not a good idea?

Are you trying to threaten him? You're also criticizing him for posting on a public forum. It may be more effective to use your time working to improve customer relations, rather than engaging in endless, menial arguments here.

• @imchandave it took a month for them to press the provision button, what's going to happen when an unexpected error occurs? I don't see how you can make excuses for these guys really.

• @AThomasHowe I'm not making excuses for them. But, I'm not going to grab my torch and pitchforks when I know the low expectations of the provider.

I treat my VPS providers like my hard drive providers. I buy from different lots and from different suppliers. If I have problems with a hard drive, I take it out of rotation and replace it with a working one. I RMA it and wait for a working drive to be delivered to me from my provider.

Same thing for my VPSes. If my 1st CVPS KVM is down, I switch my services to another VPS (VMBox, Kiho, Crowncloud, Armorshark, etc), take the troublesome VPS out of service rotation, send out a support ticket and wait for the VPS to be fixed.

My HD provider doesn't extend my warranty on the drive he returns to me. I'm responsible for verifying the returned drive performs as I expect it. And, I'm responsible for getting the drive in the right condition for me to put it back into rotation.

I take the same approach with my VPS providers. I pay for annual contracts. After I sign-off on a VPS that meets my requirements, I expect to have use of that VPS for the term of the contract. All the LEB contracts I've signed are for Calendar days not CPU days. If the VPS is down, I expect them to get me back up ASAP...just like I expect my HD provider to return a replacement HD ASAP. And I know it is my responsibility to get the repaired VPS back into a condition I can put it back into my operation.

At the end of the contract, I evaluate the amount of failures from the providers and remove any that gave me too much problems.

TL;DR I buy and try then purge any crap providers AFTER I evaluate them. I don't blow them off solely on hearsay (not ignoring the bad reviews...just another factor in the evaluation process).

See ya...

d.c.

• CVPS_Chris said: Ah but you still fail to see that the number of complaints are miniscule compared to the actual customer base. If we only get 20-30 upset people a month, we must be doing a hell of a job.

Thats a pretty low aim right there. You should shoot for perfection not mediocrity.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2014

@GoodHosting said:
    I'm glad Chris gets more free advertising by people bringing up these threads.

If this is advertising, I certainly wouldn't want it.