Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IWSTACK new zone available - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IWSTACK new zone available

2»

Comments

• @Maounique Are your new regular Xen plans based on the same technology, with which you can use your own ISOs like IWStack, or are they like the old style which is more akin to OpenVZ?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Xen is not like OVZ in any way. OVZ is a containerization, whereas Xen, while in PV case is not a fully emulated machine, still can run own kernel and has some things emulated.

Our regular Xen offer is PV and ISO load is not supported, neither windows.
    XenServer supports both PV and HVM meaning it will select a template based on your OS choice, if PV is possible, will go with that, if not, will do HVM which is more like KVM. In both cases, to have full support, you need to install xen tools.

Thanked by 1nocom
  • rchurchrchurch Member
    edited September 2014

@Maounique When I said like OVZ I meant you can't use a repair disk to install and fix it like KVM :) which is something that matters when you are doing non standard stuff, but I know Xen offers way more than OpenVZ.

Will the XenServer HVM option be available on normal hosting in the future?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

No plans for now, kvm fills that gap and for who needs it, iwstack offers the best HVM that can be. Also mounting random ISOs from the internet, no need to put a ticket asking for one or need for us to upgrade them too often. Freedom and automation, that is what iwstack offers, we are already phasing out some other products, such as OVZ regular.

• @Maounique just noticed 384 instances are not available on KVM as well it this temporary?

• @praveen

@Maounique said:
    the 384 MB instances are not available anymore in the KVM area, it starts from 512 now at least until there are some more resources free able to take the load that small instances with small disks generate.

Thanked by 2Maounique praveen
  • @Dylan thanks, didn't notice