Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM HDD Problem
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM HDD Problem

NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
edited August 2014 in Help

Hey,

A KVM from mine were shutting itself offline, i found this in the syslog:

http://pastebin.com/qfPVUVLN

Well, its a Cloudbased KVM with attached Storage etc..

When i read that correctly the KVM could not write anything? The disk was not full

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2014

Could anyone help? it happend again:

http://pastebin.com/Xb3bcScT

http://pastebin.com/6g6jPHpD

The Provider still dont want to help and says its not there fault

• To me it looks like their SAN or whatever they are using for storage is broken.

• it's better to ask your host support

@astralien the answer from today was: We dont have any issues.

The last answer: Its a umanaged KVM and its not our fault and you have to care about that.

• Definitely a host error.

• Provider: it's unmanaged, all our hardware is unmanaged. Use it at your own risk

edited September 2014

They just responded and said its Local Storage not a SAN (so just some HDD's in the Hostsystem) and i am the only one so they can't do anything. Thanks @Filemedia

And they sold it as Cloud and its just Local Storage so basically a fake cloud like DO.

• Tell them that the VPS is unmanaged but the problem is with hardware so it's their job to fix it. If they insist it's your job then tell them to send you the server so you can take a look at it. LOL "cloud".

• @Infinity580 said:
    They just responded and said its Local Storage not a SAN (so just some HDD's in the Hostsystem) and i am the only one so they can't do anything. Thanks Filemedia

And they sold it as Cloud and its just Local Storage so basically a fake cloud like DO.

Maybe it's cloud in their dictionary, or what you bought wasn't cloud. If I were @Filemedia, I could charge you $$$$ because you made the unmanaged HDDs crashed, and tried to turn them into managed HDDs

• Since it's "clould", i.e. hourly billing you can just spin up another instance and hope it lands on a different server.

edited September 2014

Its just amazing, they asked me to proof that its not my fault, i asked them what proof exept logs? its a VM/KVM. So i send them something the reply was, was i dont cooperate with them? WUT

After that they said: we offer you a refund that isnt it worth. What do you expect? Selling KVM and no Support? oh man.

I took my refund and ran away :(

• No proof that it's not your fault, so it's your fault bro :))

• @Infinity580 said:
    Its just amazing, they asked me to proof that its not my fault, i asked them what proof exept logs? its a VM/KVM. So i send them something the reply was, was i dont cooperate with them? WUT

After that they said: we offer you a refund that isnt it worth. What do you expect? Selling KVM and no Support? oh man.

I took my refund and ran away :(

Install kernelcare please. The trial version. I got the same problem. I realized kernel crash. Who know.. but kernelcare fixed it. and now got 30+ day uptime.

But as i see IO errors. Dont know but.. try it. We shall see