Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best / Top Dedicated server provider for Switzerland?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best / Top Dedicated server provider for Switzerland?

One of my client from Switzerland wants very reliable, secure servers with good up time.

For now we need 2 servers. Min. requirements are 8GB ram, 500GB HDD Quad cores.

we want these both servers from different companies or locations in Switzerland only.

Please help me to find good hosts.

Comments

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited August 2014

How much are they willing to pay? EDIS aren't the cheapest but they are awesome.

http://www.edis.at/en/server/dedicated-root-server/switzerland/

• rrrrrr Member

Budget is not decided and is not an issue, we need a solid company with very reliable server and very good up time!

• rrr said: and very good up time!

Edis is out of question then. And so is privatelayer.

• Edis is very reliable, had always great uptime when I used them.

Try also this: datasource.ch
    They are reliable and have good reputation.

A very good company is swisscenter.com, but -for sure-, they are not cheap...

• Solarcom is very expensive, but they do accept Bitcoin.

• emgemg Veteran

Based on my experience as a former BlueVM customer, avoid PrivateLayer. BlueVM consistently blamed PrivateLayer for the network outages that customers experienced in June/July.

• MrXMrX Member

PrivateLayer is pretty horrible these days. I abandoned them a year or two ago due to atrocious network and massive drop in customer service quality. Got a VPS located in their data center again for testing purposes and it's the VPS with the lowest uptime of all my VPS right now. Not 100% sure if it's PrivateLayer's fault or the VPS host, though, but it's starting to look like it's PrivateLayer.

Back on topic topic; As mentioned in the WHT thread - Nine.ch, Datasource.ch, and Green.ch are worth taking a close look at.

• Check out metanet.ch, alpinedc.ch and nine.ch. Edis is using nine.ch for their stuff AFAIK.

• you can try to contact e-shelter DC in Zurich https://www.e-shelter.de/en/location/datacenter-zurich

• Whoever BlueVM use, steer clear of!

• Go for nine.ch or Edis

• @wych said:
    Whoever BlueVM use, steer clear of!

That would be PrivateLayer

• edited July 2015

SPAM REMOVED.

• @rrr, I assume that the client's request is due to privacy concerns.

Depending on the level of privacy required, it is also advisable to choose a provider that:

• is a registered Swiss company with Swiss ownership
    • does not host or have any data centres outside of Switzerland
    • uses a Swiss country domain extension (.ch), preferably as its primary domain

Lastly, understand that since you're hosting in their country, CH authorities will not always have to jump through the same privacy-law hoops as their foreign counterparts.

• @ddosprotection said:
    Cloudcom also would be a good alternative to protected dedicated server in Switzerland. :)

nice spamming in a 9 month old thread...

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

hostnoob said: nice spamming in a 9 month old thread...

After his "How can we improve LowEndBox?" post, he had to find new challenges.

• darn you @ddosprotection for necro-posting! :-)

• MrXMrX Member
    edited July 2015

Edit: Nevermind.

• edited March 2016

snip
    The most cheap dedicated servers, 20% off comparing to other alternatives.
    Their prices start at 79 eur per server or 2.5 euro per VPS.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Huhu. This guy should be banned...

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • BeardyUnixGuyBeardyUnixGuy Member
    edited March 2016

@ddosprotection, once again you necro-post but this time with another shell of a "company" that you own. This "company" of yours doesn't even have an MX record!

@ddosprotection, I hope you're not going to assume we're all stupid and deny your affiliation with both "companies".

Thanked by 1MikePT