Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adaptec Flash Modules - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Adaptec Flash Modules

2»

Comments

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@prometeus said: Are you generating synthetic traffic?

No, gave a bunch of test accounts away in the IRC channel, e3-1230v2 4 disk 7.2k sas2 array and now 64gb ssd for cache

• CoreyCorey Member

So it looks like 1/3 of the reads came from the SSD? Impressive!

• @miTgiB said: No, gave a bunch of test accounts away in the IRC channel, e3-1230v2 4 disk 7.2k sas2 array and now 64gb ssd for cache

I have a test WordPress installation running on one for anyone who's interested.
    Boring old LEMP stack, no plugins on Wordpress.

I generally use WordPress as my real-world benchmarking yardstick, anyone want me to try something else, let me know.

By the way, if feels really fast for me.

http://216.189.1.101/

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited June 2012

@Corey said: So it looks like 1/3 of the reads came from the SSD?

Seems to hover between 15-35% from what I see so far, and according to @jeff_lfcvps, until you reach 50%, we aren't worthy ;)

If I can see people are benefiting from it, it looks like a no-brainer upgrade.

• CoreyCorey Member

@mitgib what do you mean 50%?

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

50% cache hits

• CoreyCorey Member

@mitgib so until it reaches 50% cache you think it's better to put more disks in the array?

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Corey said: until it reaches 50%

I was being a smartass, even at 10% cache hits, what is that data? If it is someones MySQL database, it could free up a ton of iops for the node as a whole.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2012

Tim, ask your tester to use torrent as hammer (big iso seed and download)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • CoreyCorey Member

@mitgib yea we will be looking into SSD caches for future builds.