Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net basis DDOS protection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net basis DDOS protection

Hello,

How work online.net ddos protection? How much could mitigate the basic plan? I didint find anything about this. Or they just shutdown my server and cut the things until they solve the problems? How this is work?

Comments

• It mitigates nothing, if anything hits the server, even if it's less than 1gbps, it will go down.

• @tr1cky said:
    It mitigates nothing, if anything hits the server, even if it's less than 1gbps, it will go down.

Hmm.. its not too much.

• Works fine on my XC and kidéchire for protecting a few SA-MP servers, it takes a lot longer for it to kick in than OVH's protection (about 5 mins for it to be "migrated"), but works better for UDP gameservers than OVH...

http://i.imgur.com/n67kXeq.png and http://i.imgur.com/hUZVBhO.png

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

They could only mitigate "easy" attacks on the basic level and you need to pay premium for more complex attacks. This would explain @tr1cky's server going down with less than a gigabit of direct UDP while @linuxthefish's didn't with a bigger reflection.

Probably @abermingham can clarify about what kind of protection do they offer on each level, since the official page lacks many technical details.

• @Nyr said:
    They could only mitigate "easy" attacks on the basic level and you need to pay premium for more complex attacks. This would explain tr1cky's server going down with less than a gigabit of direct UDP while linuxthefish's didn't with a bigger reflection.

Probably abermingham can clarify about what kind of protection do they offer on each level, since the official page lacks many technical details.

I guess it's like when OVH's system first came out - they sucked for small attacks!

• linuxthefish said: I guess it's like when OVH's system first came out - they sucked for small attacks!

And then they increased price for all dedis, including those smallest, if memory serve me right :p

Thanked by 2linuxthefish ahmiq
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

yeah 1EUR on top of each dedi.

Thanked by 1ahmiq

@Infinity580 said:
    yeah 1EUR on top of each dedi.

No, it was a different increase depending on the price of each product.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited August 2014

@linuxthefish said:
    I guess it's like when OVH's system first came out - they sucked for small attacks!

Are you paying for the premium DDoS protection as @Nyr implied, or just using the basic included protection?

Dylan said: Are you paying for the premium DDoS protection as @Nyr implied, or just using the basic included protection?

I just suggested the attacks were just DNS/NTP reflection which are pretty easy to filter so they should be included in the basic protection.