Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clients not responding
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Clients not responding

bijan588bijan588 Member
edited June 2012 in General

So I have this guy who keeps coming on live chat yelling about problems with his server. No tickets, he insists on using the SALES chat.

When I email his email that I have on record I get no response, I have tried from both my business and personal emails.

Now this guy filed a paypal dispute.... :/

Comments

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited June 2012

Sounds about right for Minecraft.

• subigosubigo Member

Reason #393 to not have live chat.

• I know how you feel :D hosting all the MC servers.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2012

I refuse to ever have a live chat. I'd rather lose any sales that depend on such a thing. I'll respond to emails just as quickly anyway, day or night, but I prefer them to have to make the most minimal of efforts to contact me, that being just a simple ticket.

• TazTaz Member

@subigo should be reason #1 tbh.
    And.@bijan588 what do you want from mc?

• BrandonBrandon Member
    edited June 2012

Have you tried calling them? You could talk to his "mommy" about what's happening,

Thanked by 1jar
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I miss having live chat. Was always a fun experience whether it was a genuine client or a troll. :) Then Google decided to stop supporting their chatback service after it stopped working (Internal Server Error 500) and I've been searching for a replacement that I like.

One hard rule a company needs to learn is that sometimes it's just better to fire your clients than to put up with abuse and chargebacks.

• TazTaz Member

@Kjuoe most of the small business ( startups) grabs and will grab what ever they get like the poor homeless guy.

• Don't even bother dealing with clients like that. They're not worth it.

@NinjaHawk I know, that's why I said it's a hard rule to learn because every client is important but not every client helps your company (i.e. chargebacks and abuse). Some clients we invested A LOT of time into (some as many as 10 tickets with dozens of replies each in just the first month). We had to cut them off and some we forced to receive a refund because they refused to listen to us.

One client setup Kloxo but never once logged into it. They opened a support ticket whenever they got a new client telling us to set the client up and handle anything from FTP accounts, DNS entries, and e-mail that their clients were paying for.

Another client demanded that we code custom PHP scripts to host on their $2/month VPS.

• TazTaz Member

@kjuoe my old site had something like this,
    UNMANAGED= we will only manage our main node
    Anything that goes inside of your vps is not our responsiblity.
    Written in bold text under product description.

• NightNight Member

@KuJoe You should have an IRC channel for support.

@NinjaHawk we're not as strict with what we offer support for (i.e. I've wrote custom scripts for plenty of clients in the past if I have time and I've also don't technical work on servers for other providers). The amount of support I offer is based on the client, my current commitments, and the current workload.

@Night I did try this for like 2 days on freenode but ultimately stopped because I'm a complete IRC newb and don't even know the basic commands, not to mention I'm sure people wouldn't want to connect to freenode to access a company support channel.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Just had a dispute filed because a client thought our Ubuntu templates were desktop versions with GUIs.

• @RamNode said: Just had a dispute filed because a client thought our Ubuntu templates were desktop versions with GUIs.

Thanked by 1djvdorp