Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What image hosting engine do you use?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What image hosting engine do you use?

Cpt_BenCpt_Ben Member
edited August 2014 in Help

Hey, I'm looking for an engine that I could host on one of my VPS' and it'd be used as a private image hosting (I'm tired of dropbox and gyazo already).

Could you suggest me something that's easy to use?

Comments

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

I personally use a Samba share with a public folder...

What about Owncloud?

• @wych said:
    I personally use a Samba share with a public folder...

What about Owncloud?

I've had this weird experience with owncloud where when I wanted to download a larger file, owncloud would slow down and I'd get timeout error every single time. After a couple of hours it fixes itself, but very strange nonetheless. I might give it a go.

• wychwych Member

@zoliben said:
    I've had this weird experience with owncloud where when I wanted to download a larger file, owncloud would slow down and I'd get timeout error every single time. After a couple of hours it fixes itself, but very strange nonetheless. I might give it a go.

Yeah I had a few issues and just moved to samba with public folder. Works for me.

Thanked by 1Cpt_Ben
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

http://home.gna.org/jyraphe/ is nice, not just for images but as a general file hosting script.

Thanked by 1Cpt_Ben
  • SadySady Member

postimage.org :)

• I chuck all my images into a public folder on a VM via FTP. I used to use Imgur and liked it, but when you come to edit an image you've already published the original is kept which is no good for removing details from screenshots when you've realised you've left some in. It's also pretty cool being able to view stats for the images via Webalizer etc.

Thanked by 1Cpt_Ben
  • nunimnunim Member
    edited August 2014

I built my own Gyazo, it's pretty easy, there's quite a few tutorials.

http://images.sonicboxes.net/

It works well enough, you build a small .exe and assign it to a shortcut.

Thanked by 1Cpt_Ben
  • @kcaj said:
    I chuck all my images into a public folder on a VM via FTP. I used to use Imgur and liked it, but when you come to edit an image you've already published the original is kept which is no good for removing details from screenshots when you've realised you've left some in. It's also pretty cool being able to view stats for the images via Webalizer etc.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing in the last couple of months, but I'd like to let my friends use this as well, without giving them ftp access to the server.

• phpuush, i can delete, see how many people have viewed my files and upload anything I need. Also seafile for a dropbox like solution!

• I personally use Droplr and Cloudup. ownCloud is awesome, though.

• Well, I've just found ShareX, and I fell in love with it already :)

• Phpuush. :3

• Closed - per thread starter's request.

This discussion has been closed.