Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm finally cheated by GVH - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I'm finally cheated by GVH

Comments

• You deserve it after what you said you were going to do with Vultr

• I like the title of the thread. Did you create a ticket to ask why it took so long to get cheated?

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • SadySady Member

Simply get a dedicated server & host 25 hitleaps instead of 20 :3 Without any suspension :)

• So this was the SOB made my vm offline due to high cpu.

• ztecztec Member

Don't use hitleap.

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith Amitz
  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

MorningIris said: So this was the SOB made my vm offline due to high cpu.

:X

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

hitleap is not VPS friendly and you probably know that, 1 customer causing insane loads is not funny, get a dedi and shut up with your complaining, GVH don't refund please.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited August 2014

@black said:
    Once you close a dispute for a transaction, can you open it again?

Should never closed a dispute until it's been resolved. he had 10 days to sort it out while the dispute was going through.

Thanked by 2darkshire tux
  • @MorningIris said:
    So this was the SOB made my vm offline due to high cpu.

Epic!

• @lewissue - So let me get this straight..you abuse the shit out of a node, get kicked off and then you come here and bitch? Wow just Wow.... so much fail

Thanked by 2netomx switsys
  • @Toadyus said:
    lewissue - So let me get this straight..you abuse the shit out of a node, get kicked off and then you come here and bitch? Wow just Wow.... so much fail

Epic fail!!

Thanked by 1Toadyus
  • akzakz Member

lol coming from the person who was advocating using GVH just last week.

• LinkkingLinkking Member
    edited August 2014

srvrpro said: I don't really see Jon trying to rip off someone for $100

Get back to La La land and take @jnguyen with you.

• wychwych Member

@Linkking said:
    Get back to La La land and take @jnguyen with you.

Your starting to grow on me...

• @noosVPS said: Besides, this logic is flawed:

@lewissue said: WHEN I ORDERED 20, I SHOULD HAVE 20 TIMES THE RESOURCE WHEN I GENERATE 20 TIMES THE LOAD

Hmm. I disagree. If someone orders 1 VPS, then there is a reasonable expectation of a level of service based on the VPS specifications. If someone orders 20 identical VPS's, then he should have same expectation of the same level of service times 20.

Now, SHOULD this user get a dedicated server instead of hoping that the host will properly balance the load? Probably. But then the host should also be doing what it can to properly balance the load.

Also, while I agree that this issue should be handled offline, the user opened this to the public with his public complaint.

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • wychwych Member

@jbarr you seem to appear in most GVH threads I read since your 'review'.

Thanked by 1akz
  • Also, while I agree that this issue should be handled offline, the user opened this to the public with his public complaint.

C'mon this is LET, where every drama happen.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2014

@wych said:
    jbarr you seem to appear in most GVH threads I read since your 'review'.

A freemason... I knew that this whole GVH thing is a big conspiracy... ;-)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @wych said:
    jbarr you seem to appear in most GVH threads I read since your 'review'.

I guess I am! Since I'm very new to the VPS world, I'm trying to better understand how everything works. Since I am a GVH customer, it makes sense to me to focus on those threads that are relevant to me. I don't use most of the other hosts here, so I really don't want to spend time following their threads if they are not useful to me.

So far, I am very happy with my service with GVH, and I'm learning a lot (for example, I just installed BitTorrent Sync on one of my VPS's and am loving it.) While I may be partial to GVH because I am a customer, I am also not afraid to call foul when a service (or a customer, for that matter) drops the ball. What is important to me is how that ball is picked up and handled. That can be very telling. Yes, GVH does have its issues, and those who work for GVH really do need to step up and raise their level of professionalism. Like several others, they are being constantly put under the microscope, so it's inevitable that every negative will be revealed. I only feel that it's fair to point out the positives as well.

• You have been cheating Vultr and Linode for a long time now.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/695551/#Comment_695551

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/694325/#Comment_694325

You have been praising GVH 10 days ago: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/695471/#Comment_695471

And this is what I said: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/694743/#Comment_694743

tl;dr:

You are an opportunist who is after easy and illegal money and you should not be hosted by anyone. I hope Jonny boy doesn't refund you and you learn from this. Otherwise, you'll keep cheating/scamming your way.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2014

@serverian said:
    You are an opportunist who is after easy and illegal money and you should not be hosted by anyone. I hope Jonny boy doesn't refund you and you learn from this. Otherwise, you'll keep cheating/scamming your way.

This. And this. And this. And I am surely not known for being on Little Jon's side.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Amitz said:
    ![]A freemason... I knew that this whole GVH thing is a big conspiracy... ;-)

Dang, you found me out! Soon, I will control the world with all of my GVH, 123Systems, and CVPS servers! AFter all, only Masonic magic could make it happen! Bwwwaaahhhaaa!!!

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • But you saw my smiley, did you?

• @Amitz said:
    But you saw my smiley, did you?

I know. I'm just having fun. Gotta lighten things up around here!

Thanked by 2Mark_R Amitz
  • wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

@jbarr mhm, welcome to the community buddy.

@serverian I hope its on FraudRecord, also nice new DP.

• alexhalexh Member
    edited August 2014

wych said: @jbarr you seem to appear in most GVH threads I read since your 'review'.

His avatar kinda looks like Jon from CC too. Very suspicious. /sarcasm

Regardless, OP should not have closed a PayPal dispute. I'm aware of the consequences, in terms of resources, of applications like HitLeap and Jingling, but if staff told him it was OK, then I don't see an issue. The issue I see with that would be a company allowing clients to use/abuse their services like this.

Off-topic, but CC claims to deal with abuse pro-actively. Why is Jon/GVH still a client of theirs then? Jon admits to perpetuating abusive behavior (telling a customer to continue using Hitleap) which leaves the question, does CC or at a lower level GVH care at all about abuse? From my perspective, it seems like the answer to that would be a definitive no.

Thanked by 1Accel
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited August 2014

@alexh said:
    Off-topic, but CC claims to deal with abuse pro-actively. Why is Jon/GVH still a client of theirs then? Jon admits to perpetuating abusive behavior (telling a customer to continue using Hitleap) which leaves the question, does CC or at a lower level GVH care at all about abuse? From my perspective, it seems like the answer to that would be a definitive no.

ColoCrossing shouldn't have any involvement in CPU abuse that happens on our nodes. In the previous page of this thread I offered a proposed solution to the customer that would allow us to spread out his virtual servers across multiple of our nodes which would ease up the CPU intensive resource abuse.

• @wych said:
    serverian I hope its on FraudRecord, also nice new DP.

NODISTO PERSEI 8

• @alexh said:

Remember when you said this industry is full of people trying to give a world of advice with having no experience?

OK so, hosts that allow cPanel/WHM on their server. What if someone orders a server, runs cPanel/WHM and has 100 CPU intensive websites on the server? Should the host ban the usage of cPanel/WHM? Any application has the potential to be abusive in terms of CPU if it's used a certain way.

Thanked by 1switsys