Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for dedicated server w/ E3-1271 v3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for dedicated server w/ E3-1271 v3

HaraldHarald Member
edited August 2014 in Requests

Hi there!

I'm looking for a provider of a dedicated server in Europe with at least the following specs:

• E3-1271 v3 processor
  • At least 8 GB of RAM
  • Does **NOT** need to be an "unmetered" connection
  • At least 100 Mbit/s uplink

Customer support doesn't matter much.
Budget around ± 60€ (80$)

The server is not going to be used for any kind of illegal file sharing purposes, so you don't have to take that into account.

Hit me with your best suggestions, thank you! :)

Comments

• PwnerPwner Member
    edited August 2014

My bad, missed the Europe part.

• Your budget is extremely unrealistic and that's coming from me..

• @jnguyen said:
    Your budget is extremely unrealistic and that's coming from me..

Then how do you explain this: https://www.webtropia.com/en/rent-dedicated-server/hp-professional-dl-details.html?pid=ProfessionalDL

I don't know you, but it seems you don't know exactly what you're talking about regarding this.

Thanks for your valuable input though.

• The page says 1270v3 not 1276v3. In addition it's about 10 euros more than your ridiculously unreasonable budget for a brand new proc.

• HaraldHarald Member
    edited August 2014

According to their customer support that is in fact the 1276v3 - and if you actually took your time to read my original post, you would see that I was specifying an estimated budget, not a limited one.

In fact I can't understand why you posted here in the first place, you have nothing of interest to add. So would you please stop polluting this thread.

• Do you really need the built in GPU? The difference between 1271v3 and 1276v3 is only that the later has a GPU built in. It is only needed if the motherboard doesn't have another GPU on it. Most (or at least supermicro) server motherboards have a GPU on them because of the IPMI feature, so a GPU in the CPU is not needed.

Is this for some sort of a game server?

Thanked by 1Harald
  • Indeed. At times it would be required to host a small game server for up to 1 hour.

I'm not sure if the GPU is required though, that's why I wanted to be safe and go for one that in fact does have it. If you have any knowledge about this, please elaborate!

• You have to check with the documentation of the game server, whether it needs a GPU or not. The built in GPU is not very strong anyway, it can't be compared to a real GPU on an addon pci-e card.

Thanked by 1Harald
  • Thanks for the information! I'll update the original post.

• I don't think a game server would need that gpu..

you can get an E3-1220 with 8GB ram & 2x500GB hdd for 49 eur per month with leaseweb, either with their prenium network (5TB) or 100TB on the volume network...

Not the CPU you asked for but might be close enough to do the job?

Good luck ;)

Thanked by 1Harald
  • @ben78 said:

Thank you! I'll definitely check it out and compare it to anything else that might surface in this thread! :]

• Hetzner has E3-1270v3 with 32GB RAM and 200Mbps connection for €60
    http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/px60

If you absolutely need E3-1271v3, then your options will be limited. I think that the difference between E3-1270v3 and E3-1271v3 is negligible and you should consider providers with E3-1270v3

Thanked by 1Harald
  • @nikhil500 said:

Thanks man! I'll check that one as well :)

• Update! I decided to go for Webtropia! Thanks for all the help.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

You'll regret it.

Thanked by 2linuxthefish Falco33
  • i guess webtropia might be idle if you need 1 ip but they charge a boom for extra and it seems by the time your at the end of the payment like your price goes up 30-40 euros.

• @Harald said:
    Indeed. At times it would be required to host a small game server for up to 1 hour.

I'm not sure if the GPU is required though, that's why I wanted to be safe and go for one that in fact does have it. If you have any knowledge about this, please elaborate!

Which game? Usually only a game client requires a GPU

• HaraldHarald Member
    edited August 2014

@Infinity580 said:
    You'll regret it.

Why would you say that?

@Shivam said:
    i guess webtropia might be idle if you need 1 ip but they charge a boom for extra and it seems by the time your at the end of the payment like your price goes up 30-40 euros.

I'm not lurking for IPs, but thanks for the info :)

@hostnoob said:
    Which game? Usually only a game client requires a GPU

It's not a client, so I've figured out the GPU was not needed!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Harald you will not be happy with it, just read the reviews and translate them into english. I had also a VPS there, multiple downtimes, hole DC vent offline etc...

• @Harald said:

OK, do you really think you need a brand new CPU for it? It seems unlikely

• @Infinity580 said:
    Harald you will not be happy with it, just read the reviews and translate them into english. I had also a VPS there, multiple downtimes, hole DC vent offline etc...

I tried searching for some reviews, but couldn't find any in English that was related to dedicated servers. I'll be sure to post back here if it doesn't work out well.

@hostnoob said:
    OK, do you really think you need a brand new CPU for it? It seems unlikely

Higher clock rate!

• en E3-12XX will probably do - and if you don't need ECC RAM, an i5 should be enough and can be found quite cheap...

• @ben78 said:
    en E3-12XX will probably do - and if you don't need ECC RAM, an i5 should be enough and can be found quite cheap...

Its already being configured right now so I'll stick to it and see how it pans out :) Thanks for you input though, I appreciate it.