Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Selling my dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Selling my dedicated server

wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
edited August 2014 in Offers

Hi,

Because I'm no longer using it I'm selling my turnkeyinternet server.
I have been very happy with their support: fast and accurate.

It's the Q9550 on this page: http://turnkeyinternet.net/overstock/

With these differences:

• 19$/month if paid 1 year in advance (instead of 29$/month)

• 20 TB monthly traffic instead of 10 TB

It is currently running Proxmox 3.1 with 1 IPv4 and NAT and reverse proxy (Nginx) to the guest systems (both KVM as OpenVZ).
It can be installed with Windows 2012 web edition for 5$/month (+ 50$ setup fee)

My (1 year) contract ends November, 18 2014.

Feel free to send any serious offer by PM.

Comments

• datasegmentdatasegment Member
    edited August 2014

If you paid for the year until November, what would be the cost to take it over, and what would the bill be from December onwards? Also- what software licenses would you leave in place, and which would you take with you when you leave the server? Specifically the windows licenses- do they come with the hardware, or would they need to be paid for as an 'addon'? For a dedicated server, I don't go the 'install and setup fee' route, I prefer to know what's on there- and what I need to buy/renew or re-license.

It's probably worth noting that I set these things up for other people usually, so when it comes to reprovisioning somebody else's system for myself- I'm a little lost. Not really sure which of my 7 vps's I'll shut down first if I get a dedicated box, but hell - would be nice to have a solid 'home' system to drop back to that controls the other 6 servers I have :)

Thanks.

D.

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited August 2014

see PM

• Full specifications:

Core2 Quad Q9550 2.83 GHz
    Professional Series
    Four Cores @ 2.83 GHz
    8GB of RAM
    Remote Reboot Via The Web
    100% Network Uptime Guarantee

• I'm willing to transfert it for 35$. That's 14$/month until half November and 19$/month afterwards.