Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you think i need to plan?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you think i need to plan?

netidernetider Member
edited August 2014 in General

I have a dedicated server which is say 10% filled as of now. I don't have any problem with host or network etc. Everything just perfect.

Question is w.r.t ROI.. i have been running under loss of exactly 50% when calculated Yearly revenue vs Yearly expense. I just incurred loss just not to affect any of the existing clients. But i can't go beyond certain point. I need to rethink.

How better do you think i need to plan my business? Do you think immediately downgrade or focus on more marketing or..? What would you look at when planning things?

Your suggestions would help me plan better and turn the company.

Thanks for your time and suggestions in advance.

Comments

• Are you a provider? What do you use your dedicated server for?

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Epidrive said: Are you a provider? What do you use your dedicated server for?

This. We need more information, so we can give you more accurate suggestions :-)

• Sorry.. i use it for hosting services - shared and reseller only.

• flash sale to fill up the node? if that won't work you need to downgrade, you can't run a business at 10% capacity

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2014

hostnoob said: flash sale to fill up the node? if that won't work you need to downgrade, you can't run a business at 10% capacity

I personally would suggest that you cut costs, as a flash sale will not fill up the node overnight, and there is a lot of competition in the shared hosting field.

Great ways to cut down costs, is to use either a reseller, or your own VPS. Both have their positives and negatives. To cut costs down and get a reseller that works pretty well, I'd suggest you go to buyvm. Below is just one of their reseller plans.

- Dedicated IPv4 Address
    - 20G Dedicated SSD Space
    - 1000GB Monthly Bandwidth
    - Unlimited Sub-accounts

$2.00/month

Can't go wrong.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited August 2014

@netider said:
    I have a dedicated server which is say 10% filled as of now. I don't have any problem with host or network etc. Everything just perfect.

Question is w.r.t ROI.. i have been running under loss of exactly 50% when calculated Yearly revenue vs Yearly expense. I just incurred loss just not to affect any of the existing clients. But i can't go beyond certain point. I need to rethink.

How better do you think i need to plan my business? Do you think immediately downgrade or focus on more marketing or..? What would you look at when planning things?

Your suggestions would help me plan better and turn the company.

Thanks for your time and suggestions in advance.

I think you should of started with some of the services you offer; such as "reseller" then moved your way up to a VPS and then your way up to dedicated (what ever you realized feasible) now you're stuck with a dedicated server and not enough sales.

Step up your sales. Don't take the easy road out.

• netidernetider Member
    edited August 2014

@dustinc said:

Yeah did start off with Reseller and grown up to VPS.. then felt shud go for dedicated but couldn't break the ice with sales. all clients are still with me since many years now, that's where i have kept them happy.

Now thinking of serious.. way to do business the ideal way than pushing too much upfront instead - step by step.

where i need to start now is confusion!

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Post a super cheap offer on WHT or something... You can easily sell 100 shared hosting plans in a few days... You could like 5GB disk, 500GB bandwidth, for $5/yr... Just an example.