Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you keep track of all your LEB's?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you keep track of all your LEB's?

Hi,
So I just found a LEB I bought a year ago and forgot about, :/
What do you all do to track your Servers/IP/Client Login details etc...?

Comments

• I just emember them. 3 I use actively and the other is just for testing stuff before I do it to my others

• Add them all to Observium or other monitoring platform.

• All servers are added to MTPuTTY (Multi-Tabbed PuTTY) + little "server status" monitoring list.

• Write the ips and hostnames on a post-it. That's how I remember.

Thanked by 1Brannin
  • Create a custom script to monitor all those leb's.

• spreadsheet, I also bought a domain to help me point to servers' IP addresses.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

phpservermon + statuscake + (statusrobot) + observium

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited August 2014

@black said:
    spreadsheet, I also bought a domain to help me point to servers' IP addresses.

This. I use the letters a->z as a subdomain name in order to not only limit myself to 26 servers (currently have 6 or 7), but to make it as small as possible (3 letter domain name).

• 0xdragon said: limit myself to 24 server

Sorry, wut?

• @kcaj said:
    Sorry, wut?

Wow...
    My apologies, I'm stupid or my finger slipped. Not quite sure which one ;)

• I have a status page, that works well, its all the control and billing panels i loose :( lol

• bohdans said: I have a status page, that works well, its all the control and billing panels i loose :( lol

I put info like that along with renewal dates in the description field on Observium.

• Ahhh, i prefer LibreNMS over Observium, I am biased though, since they accepted my pull request for a public status page :)

• I usually just create a .txt file with the hostname, IP, and root password/control panel login information.

• I use Google Docs and offline sync to all my (personal) mobile devices

• I have a spreadsheet in dropbox

• RootNerdsRootNerds Member, Host Rep

Check out Racktables ;)
    http://racktables.org/

• taronyutaronyu Member
    edited August 2014

Status page + ssh keys -> http://stat.f63.net

• i setup a simple shell script which works with cron and sends requests to my servers and their services using nmap and if somethings down -> email

all ofc on a shitty 1usd server

• Salt pillars through SaltStack.

• I have all mine monitored too, but I keep a list with every server's specs in a Google Docs document.

• My Server List in SecureCRT

That's all.

• @RootNerds RackTables looks pretty cool

• Google sheet!

• https://eddynetweb.com/status/

I only have four. :o

I also use Google spreadsheet.

• Spreadsheet, including payment due dates, resource allocation, location, purpose, etc.

Sorting & color coding makes it very easy to compare "value" (bang for the buck) so I can quickly tell if any new deal is really a "deal" or a dud vs what I already have.

• Table in my personal wiki

• akzakz Member

excel spreadsheet + Dropbox