Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My honest review for MyServerPlanet - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My honest review for MyServerPlanet

2»

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I tell you what, come back in a year and let me know how it is going.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    The UB/SB score you posted is from the 1GB server and the results don't match up.... why?

Perhaps because it has a higher I/O priority? You should ask the provider with this bit, though not really important for me, I don't use the HDD anyways but I went ahead and posted the benchmarks for my 1GB server, I tried for the 2GB server and it's 90 Mb/s, I'm not sure why however, but again; that's not really important for me.

@AnthonySmith said:
    I tell you what, come back in a year and let me know how it is going.

My plan is annually, so when it's payday I will come back and let you know how it is going.

said: but the HDD was really quick.

said: In fact, I had a 2 GB server hosted with Inception Hosting, but it wasn't that fast and good quality

Your results are fishy to say the least, and with the above you then say its not really important, this was an attack and complete falsification of the facts plain and simple.

I gather English is not your first language or perhaps even second however nothing in your comparison makes sense, I think the bottom line really is you get better ping ans assume that means your disk is faster and that the entire server is better quality as a result.

Most nodes can lose 2 - 4 disks without any end user impact, you post IOSpeeds of 921 MB/s then when asked to back it up they drop to about 10% of that.

This may be completely innocent but seriously the way you have written this is just insulting.

• ManofActionManofAction Member
    edited August 2014

Responding to the PM's you quoted:

for the "your service is more stable than the one I currently host my website on", the one I currently hosted my website on was MyServerPlanet, but this message was sent during the HDD failure, after the HDD failure, data recovery and server migration, MyServerPlanet was more stable for me. Surprisingly, if you look thoroughly into most of my PM's, you will see something like

Thank you! But I guess the network has some problems? The machine is having a hard time replying to my ICMP requests and the response is a little bit unstable with SSH, I also receive "Request timed out" messages most of the time when pinging the server. How can I solve this?

And then like

Actually the network is very bad! Any clue what causes this?

And then something like

Here's a link which does the ping test, packets lost are always more than 70% and usually it's 100%!

then you can see that you resolved the issue, and you can also see me saying something like this after the issue has been resolved

Great! The network is very quick at the moment!

This doesn't mean that the servers are super, it simply means that they are better than it was before.

Then you can see something like you saying:

It is not common, in fact in Miami this is actually the first time it has happened this year, it is just really unlucky it was within minutes of you signing up.

And me replying:

Haha no problems! Guess I brought some bad luck, haha! But thank you very much for the service! In fact, I will only be using this to provide free shells for educational purposes in order to give users the chance to learn Linux, and that's why I needed a quick network.

And although the VPS is located in Miami, the response is very fast now! So I guess the server should work as quick as intended! Thank you again

Again this is only to thank you, not to point out that the servers are super. but to thank you for actually spending some time in order to fix this for me, that's something good and I felt like saying thanks, you think I shouldn't have done so?

all of which changes nothing.

I am just going to drop it, I have made my feeling clear, I feel this is just a bullshit review with an attack mixed in.

Any network issues you had would have been resolved much faster if you just opened a ticket, the fact you said you don't know how to open a ticket speaks fathoms.

edited August 2014

@AnthonySmith saying that the HDD was really quick and that the server has 512 MB of RAM doesn't mean anything to me, this is just an introduction to my server specifications, and since that I don't use HDD thoroughly to do tasks, I don't really care about its speed as long as it will be quick enough to process package installations/upgrades in a small period of time. And yours was obviously slower; I don't know the cause, but I'm putting it together

Saying that the quality was low compared to MyServerPlanet indicates that there were problems with me being comfortable with the service you provided and hence I rated it as "low quality". And this rating is not one-sided, it's clear that you had problems on your end as well which affected the service and its performance.

As you can see this is a review, done by me, to point out my experiences, no insult intended, but again if you felt insulted then I'm terribly sorry as this was never intended, I'm just sharing my experience nothing more nothing less.

edited August 2014

@AnthonySmith said:
    all of which changes nothing.

I am just going to drop it, I have made my feeling clear, I feel this is just a bullshit review with an attack mixed in.

Any network issues you had would have been resolved much faster if you just opened a ticket, the fact you said you don't know how to open a ticket speaks fathoms.

Maybe because the website wasn't clear enough? The submit ticket option wasn't there when I wasn't logged in, but I realized I need to login first to post a ticket later on. Maybe if you make that button appear instead of hiding it that would have been easier for me to figure out, anyways I'm not attacking you or providing some bullshit here, I'm providing my experience, but I also have no problems with you rating it as bullshit; still totally unfriendly to me however.

ManofAction said: Maybe because the website wasn't clear enough?

Yep the problem is that the buttons on the website and the link in every single email is not clear enough.

• ManofAction said: for the "your service is more stable than the one I currently host my website on", the one I currently hosted my website on was MyServerPlanet, but this message was sent during the HDD failure, after the HDD failure, data recovery and server migration, MyServerPlanet was more stable for me.

And how? Did you get downtime with Inception?

edited August 2014

@AnthonySmith not for me sorry. Also the totally unfriendly was directed to the way you talk, not the way your website is designed.

@serverian said:
    And how? Did you get downtime with Inception?

I got some network issues at first but then they were resolved as pointed in my previous message.

serverian said: And how? Did you get downtime with Inception?

To be fair he did, about 15 minutes at about 60 - 80% packet loss, he alerted me to this via PM here.

It was due to a customer running an open resolver.

ManofAction said: @AnthonySmith not for me sorry.

Ok, well not sure what I can do about that, I have the same link at the top of the screen as myserverplanet but because it is inception that is not good enough, ok np.

edited August 2014

@Jack said:
    Who's MyServerPlanet?

Someone who allows people to host anonymous shells, sigh.

Now I see what this was being used for I am really glad you moved @op. :/

edited August 2014

@AnthonySmith said:
    Ok, well not sure what I can do about that, I have the same link at the top of the screen as myserverplanet but because it is inception that is not good enough, ok np.

haaa. haaa. no, templates are different, maybe the problem that I tried to login and although was redirected didn't see the button to submit tickets still? you should deal with these problems first so that I can submit tickets.

In either ways, I talk to Nick over here and never use the submit ticket function anyways when there's an issue which is kind of rare now after server migration and he replies quick enough for me, I have only used Submit Ticket once on MyServerPlanet, but because the template was easier for me it was easy to figure out; but wasn't satisfied using it anyways but that was fine for me.

I understand that you tried your best to provide a good quality service for me, and yes the service was good actually, but not what I exactly wanted and you are obviously having a hard time understanding this, it wouldn't have been useful for me because of the restrictions. I didn't want these restrictions at all, sorry for not being clear at first by my definition of "restrictions", and English is the language I mostly use, although I can speak other languages as well.

Your website and template looks good in fact, but still there were PROBLEMS with your template, if you would like to me to remind you..

Anthony I'm sorry but I have another question, I thought the incoming bandwidth was unmetred but it's being calculated by the "Bandwidth" section in my control panel, how do I know how much is left?

Anthony Smith: Hi,

My apologies the template for the layout of the table was used from Phoenix and incoming is in fact metered.

Anthony.

How can I benefit from this reply? I placed the order as the incoming bandwidth was unmetred, but now after you replying with this it makes the whole situation different; I'm paying for something I didn't get I'm not responsible for your errors, but I went with that and it was OK for me.

BUT YOU ARE RIGHT After all you have said; because it's inception it will never be good enough, and that's not because of the service provided, but the totally unfriendly method you have used to reply to the post instead of being polite and respectful

edited August 2014

@AnthonySmith said:
    Now I see what this was being used for I am really glad you moved op. :/

Thanks, so glad I moved before I wouldn't be able to do a refund or I would have been paying for SOMETHING I DON'T GET

Like the IRC restriction, as I said earlier, I required IRC. The bandwidth issue as well; you now know it's an open Linux shell for education, so the more users register, the more bandwidth utilization is. And what about the CPU part? Don't even get me started with this.

I'm sorry that I didn't notice this bit in the terms of service, but I went with the service as listed in my requests "without restrictions" (obviously restricting illegals is not included within my request, so is IRC illegal for you?; I know you have problems interpreting this, so let's not use it here I can't see where's the hard part in understanding what restriction means in hosting), but you are right, it's my fault; I should have been more specific about what I need. It's also my fault for going with your company to end up with receiving such treatment from an immature person.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I/O on your MSP boxes is not 921 MB/s. Serverbear proved it.

• @FtpIt_Radi said:
    I/O on your MSP boxes is not 921 MB/s. Serverbear proved it.

Which boxes? I made the tests on the 1GB server and posted the link, the 2GB that you probably used to try on the benchmark might have yielded a different I/O result?

well ok, regardless of all of that as I am just putting this down to 'you don't even know what you don't know' I am surprised that @MSPNick is allowing you to run an anonymous shell service without restrictions, also soon to be known as the free booter or brute forcer on hackforums no doubt.

edited August 2014

@AnthonySmith said:
    well ok, regardless of all of that as I am just putting this down to 'you don't even know what you don't know' I am surprised that MSPNick is allowing you to run an anonymous shell service without restrictions, also soon to be known as the free booter or brute forcer on hackforums no doubt.

Not sure what you mean by an anonymous shell, but I can tell you that everything on the shell is monitored and DDoS attacks are prevented automatically. Any abuse detected will result in account termination immediately and IP ban. So no need to worry about this part, secondly I would like to say that the shell you might have just registered an account on is provided for educational purposes, this said; is provided to help people learn about Linux for free, so I don't see anything bad about this bit. Required precautions are taken to prevent abuse, and almost everything is automatically managed. Perhaps listing it on LowEndTalk was the very bad move.

'you don't even know what you don't know'

Mr. Genius, you didn't even know that INCOMING BANDWIDTH WAS METRED for the VERY OWN service yourself provides

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

@Jack said:
    Who's MyServerPlanet?

@MSPNick I think.

I got a few tickets from him trying to flog me servers, it was annoying. I also do not like his sales tactics on here, he seems to skim read and then make a closest offer.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

The test I made yielded me 103 MB/s.

• @FtpIt_Radi said:
    The test I made yielded me 103 MB/s.

Yeah there's something weird going on, I talked to Nick about this but he isn't sure how my 1GB server yields 500MB/s+ but he said that it should be applied to everyone, I guess when he figures out what causes this

ManofAction said: Not sure what you mean by an anonymous shell

It means that anyone without restriction or screening can use this web based shell you provide as you said "without restrictions", you simply cant prevent malicious activity.

I just used it to do some bulk port scans (on my own servers) as a test.

Thanked by 1Radi
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    I just used it to do some bulk port scans (on my own servers) as a test.

So bulk port scans is considered malicious? I don't see any issue with doing so, please enjoy your time!

ManofAction said: So bulk port scans is considered malicious? I don't see any issue with doing so

Like I said, you don't know what you don't know, it explains a lot.

edited August 2014

@Jack said:

Take a break Jack, Nick's company just started and that's fine; small errors are expected but regardless, the quality is awesome.

And I'm not sure how this happens either, anyways on my 2GB server it's 90Mb/s, on the 1GB it's usually over 500MB/s, I have updated my post to show the benchmarks of both servers.

@AnthonySmith I'm sorry for my ignorance, good luck with your services;
    Just relax. I'm merely a customer, happy with Nick's service, although there are small errors as I said, but they don't affect my rating for the service anyways since that the service satisfies my needs; (edit: totally unlike yours). The way you just started is very childish and I don't know how you interpret things.

"without restrictions"

Didn't we agree that I'm not very clear about this phrase? You shouldn't use it next time.

you simply cant prevent malicious activity

Maybe you couldn't when abuse sank your servers, but I can.

Like I said, you don't know what you don't know, it explains a lot.

Here we go again, Mr. Genius.

• BradBrad Member

everything on the shell is monitored and DDoS attacks are prevented automatically

Tell me more.

edited August 2014

@Brad Too much information is harmful.